Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638540 times)

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.6 (3/2/2015) [0.65.1a] new bounty type
« Reply #3675 on: February 17, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »

Can you make a version with disabled 64bit compression? 0.65.2a have smaller saves and i can run it just fine on my XP with 10 or more faction mods enabled.
Well. just forgot to say :) Awesome artwork you have there, whole different style, more cartoon like because there is much less shading. I think i seen a couple of mods with similar style, so i must try to integrate :3

Edit: Found where i can disable compression, but there is some other issue...

Edit again: Aaaand i just tried it with 0.65.1a and it worked as it should. Saves loading just fine too (32bit) So it must be a 0.65.2a issue.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:46:06 AM by Voiddweller »

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: February 18, 2015, 08:20:11 PM »

Holy. ***. I've found new love. I've just started really getting into the new build, and the Codex Support Barge is amazing. :o For a small frigate-based raiding fleet, there's no competition. It's extremely cheap on upkeep, it's fast enough not to slow down a California class, and it's armed enough to go toe to toe with most frigates. All that, plus a great amount of storage space for your loot. I can't believe I just discovered this...
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3677 on: February 19, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »

Holy. ***. I've found new love. I've just started really getting into the new build, and the Codex Support Barge is amazing. :o For a small frigate-based raiding fleet, there's no competition. It's extremely cheap on upkeep, it's fast enough not to slow down a California class, and it's armed enough to go toe to toe with most frigates. All that, plus a great amount of storage space for your loot. I can't believe I just discovered this...

Yeah. That`s why this new 'civilian' freighter will be replacing Codex in future releases (left one):

Original Codex will still be in the mod, but to get it you`ll have to be friendly with FFS (or probably get lucky and buy it from FFS black markets).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3678 on: February 19, 2015, 12:55:50 AM »

Can you make a version with disabled 64bit compression? 0.65.2a have smaller saves and i can run it just fine on my XP with 10 or more faction mods enabled.
Well. just forgot to say :) Awesome artwork you have there, whole different style, more cartoon like because there is much less shading. I think i seen a couple of mods with similar style, so i must try to integrate :3

Edit: Found where i can disable compression, but there is some other issue...

Edit again: Aaaand i just tried it with 0.65.1a and it worked as it should. Saves loading just fine too (32bit) So it must be a 0.65.2a issue.

Sorry, didn`t get it. You have troubles with Ironclads not loading saves in 0.65.2? Or something else?

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: February 19, 2015, 07:56:58 AM »

Yeah, that's probably a good thing. Their trading fleets compared to other factions are seriously OP. Five of those is nothing easy to deal with. My suggestion would be to leave them in the role described in the flavor text and make them very likely to spawn (probably one per instance) with FFS raiding fleets. To be honest, though, I think the only thing that really needs changed with it is the frequency of its use. I think its stats are justified given its price. The only reason I have one is I got super lucky in a boarding  ;D

Edit: On a completely unrelated topic, is the Russia class able to be found inside the campaign at this point? If not, are there plans for being able to find one in the future, or is it just going to remain as part of that one mission? It seems like a cool idea to be able to find the mostly destroyed remains of one, tow it home, and then spend a huge amount of supplies restoring it.

Edit 2: Will the FFS being getting more ships in general, or are you planning on keeping them more of a fringe faction (i.e., Black Widows) rather than a main faction? I've noticed they have no unique cruisers, capitals, XL Traders, or (maybe I've missed them) fighters. Just curious.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:16:29 AM by Max1045 »

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:32 PM »

Like I said the other day, really enjoying this mod. Thought I would dump my feedback on factions:

XLE seem like they have the worst ships compared with the other 3 factions, mostly for Flux dissipation reasons, as their ratio of max flux to flux dissipation is 20:1 when most ships are 10:1 or lower (UIN generally has 5:1). Their cargo ships also have a much higher logistic value than other factions. Seems like just giving them more flux dissipation to work with, or increasing their max flux would be a great buff. As is, if you mount any energy weapons, you tend to build up too much Flux, and have to spend a long time venting. Frontal attack ships seem much more like brawling ships, which could use high flux dissipation for energy weapons.

ISA have far and away the best frigates and destroyers in the game. They have good Flux capacity and dissipation, and good shields. The Extended Missile Racks allow for a lot of long range support. The Illinois is easily one of the best destroyers in the game, capable of soloing a Moscow if piloted well. Indiana has one of the highest Flux capacities, with good dissipation, meaning its shield is incredibly tough. The C class makes for amazing missile spam.
I was a little surprised to not see a larger carrier than the Idaho, since their combat doctrine would call for missile spam and well armed frigates and destroyers (providing the missile spam), with the rest of the fleet playing defensive. Seems like a supercarrier capital ship would be fitting.
My destroyer composition was just a bunch (6+) of Indiana-C classes providing long range support, and an Illinois as my flagship, mostly holding the other fleet in one place. It could effectively take on any of the RSF battle fleets, although the ones with 2 Moscows tended to get a little hairy towards the end when the Indianas run out of missiles.

RSF don't seem like they are powerful until you reach the larger ships. With the weak forward facing shields, most smaller RSF ships are vulnerable to missiles and assault craft. Larger ships are quite tough, since they can spread missile damage across their armor, and can mount more point defense. Flares aren't always reliable to handle missiles on the smaller craft, but they do help. The lack of omni-shields really hurt for dealing with missile fire.

UIN are designed for broadside engagements, but they end up with the highest Flux dissipation, meaning you can mount just about any weapons you want and not build Flux. Seems like the XLE approach of higher Flux capacity, but low Flux dissipation is more fitting for a true broadside, rather than a brawl. Fortress Shields help avoid a brawl rather than promote them, and also function as effective anti-missile defenses. Particle Beams are a little on the powerful side, since you can just outrange most weapons with them, and simply keep pulling back from the enemy.

FFS I have not played with as much, but what ships they do have seem quite effective. I don't think they match up against the ISA frigates and destroyers, but probably are the second best.

Marauders have extreme vulnerability to missiles due to lack of shields. Pirates just have civilian ships, so they don't match up ship for ship. Black Widows might be slightly better at fighting UIN, since the UIN tends to pack energy weapons, but I feel like they should have a combat doctrine of speed/mobility, since they are raiders trying to get in and out quick.

I don't know if maybe I just don't understand how the XLE are supposed to fight, but I can't make their ships work for me.

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: February 19, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »

Sorry, didn`t get it. You have troubles with Ironclads not loading saves in 0.65.2? Or something else?
It just crashes during campaign map generation

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: February 19, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »

My game crashes when loading the campaign to :'(

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: February 19, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »

I don't know if maybe I just don't understand how the XLE are supposed to fight, but I can't make their ships work for me.

I haven't used them recently, but I seem to remember them largely using very high efficiency burst weapons that overload shields quickly, which makes up for their dissipation disadvantage. I think the idea is that, by rapidly overloading the opponent's shields and hence flux, the XLE ship is mostly free from retaliation that would overload their horrible vent rate. Their weapon type (efficient shield smashers) also I think is countered by the UIN and their often present fortress shields, which let them freely absorb what would be otherwise crippling shield damage. I personally find the XLE best suited for fighting ISA ships, as all of their survivability is in their shields.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: February 19, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »

It just crashes during campaign map generation
My game crashes when loading the campaign to :'(
Ok. Seems that Alex changed something code-related, probably that`s the result of transition to a newer java.

As a workaround go to data/campaign/events.json, find there 'rep_tracker' event and uncomment the first 'script' line (remove #). Then comment the second 'script' line.
This will allow the campaign to launch.

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: February 19, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »

Ok. Seems that Alex changed something code-related, probably that`s the result of transition to a newer java.

As a workaround go to data/campaign/events.json, find there 'rep_tracker' event and uncomment the first 'script' line (remove #). Then comment the second 'script' line.
This will allow the campaign to launch.
Yeah, that worked :D Tnx for solution :3

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: February 20, 2015, 10:39:01 PM »

Hi,

I must be blind, where is the changelogs? I need to know what was added or changed in the last 2 versions  :)

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.6 (3/2/2015) [0.65.1a] 0.65.2 compatible
« Reply #3687 on: February 20, 2015, 11:06:41 PM »

Just noticed, the Hammerhead-U (UIN big freighter) should probably have 1000 cargo space to be like the others, not 125.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3688 on: February 21, 2015, 02:13:29 AM »

Hi,

I must be blind, where is the changelogs? I need to know what was added or changed in the last 2 versions  :)

"Installation" part of the original post.

Clauth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.6 (3/2/2015) [0.65.1a] 0.65.2 compatible
« Reply #3689 on: February 21, 2015, 09:38:17 AM »

Hi.

I have a problem, when i launch the game with this mod, the game crash.  error: "Fatal:JSONObject ["cost_frigate"] is not a number. Check starsector.log for more info.

This is my starsector.log: https://www.mediafire.com/?7ykdi36azr694yt

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 281