Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642063 times)

AsterPiano

• Ensign
  • AKA TheLochNessCheeseBurger
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.1 (14/11/2014) [0.65.1a compatible]
« Reply #3225 on: November 23, 2014, 02:34:58 AM »

I like this mod and all the ship designs, weapons, lore etc. But the sector feels really desolate, as in, not much going on. I've found that stars can often have very little going on, maybe just one or two little patrols, and stations sometimes have no supplies when I get there. Also, after playing for a while, I was having trouble finding pirates to get money/supplies to have my fleet function, and when I did find a good target I rarely got more than 20 supplies, which was barely enough to get my ships back to max CR (I think someone pointed this out before), so I had to fly back to a friendly station, sell the weapons I got, and buy more supplies, which made getting money quite difficult. I would love it if I could happily sit around in a single star system because there's a steady flow of hostiles and a good a mount of resources at the station.

Also, when will you release the fixes and stuff you've been doing? Like for the Argos shipyard/communication array overlap. Is it already somewhere where you can just get the fix or is it just going to be in 8.2 (or whatever you choose to name the version)?

Zelphir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: November 23, 2014, 05:38:07 AM »

thanks for the reply I wish you much luck and little debugging

Edit: @TheLochNessCheeseBurger

considering supplies: I have noticed that the planets are not connected to the stations like they are in vanilla and that sometimes the planets themselves are overflowing with supplies so stocking up on them when you can is paramount.

considering desolate stars: as he just answered in my post I am going to bet this has to do mainly with no ship scripts yet so they are just following basic orders from vanilla or perhaps no orders at all and just park in orbit.
 Okim:
i need to set up other stuff before i dive into coding fleets
I am going to guess he used a broad statement simply because there is a lot to do before this is resolved.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:44:31 AM by Zelphir »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3227 on: November 23, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »

Ok. Finished spriting the FTG ships.

They have 3 destroyers (1 with bays) in their possession, 10 frigates (1 with bays), 3 fighters, 12 freighters (ferries, haulers, tankers and shuttles) and 4 utility ships - miner, repair ship, tug and a scanner ship.

Overall there are 32 ships in total for the faction making it the largest so far. Other factions will actually use some of these civilian ships and will have them for sale (mostly depending on faction of ship`s origin).

Here are the utility ships:

"Harvester" mining ship, "Scrapper" repair/construction ship, "Prober" scanner ship and simply "The Tug". Shades of poo will differ depending on faction due to the original colour schemes being too different from one another.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:39:20 PM by Okim »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: November 23, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »

Heh, Shades of Poo.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: November 23, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »

I'm still not sure if he's *** at the comment or actually finds it hilarious?  "50 shades of poo" might make sense if he adds a few more in though haha!

Seriously though:  come on Okim, I want to stay loyal but soontm might lead me back to testing Rimworld A8 :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3230 on: November 23, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »

I`ve resprited the whole faction. Just let me provide these sprites with proper hull files, variants, descriptions and put them in campaign.

I can`t even launch Starsector right now as i have no files and variants for the WHOLE factions due to these changes.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: November 24, 2014, 02:28:54 AM »

You're a spriting machine :D

-Edit:  That's a compliment btw

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: November 24, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »

I'm want clarification on a few things if you don't mind.

1) Will you keep the civilian/military status for the player? I enjoyed being locked out of the faction and not having access to the good stuff until i could finally muster the resources to get into it.

2) Apart from the aliens and the AI, what have you planned for the late game? Honestly I was hoping that after I joined a faction's military I'd have the chance to actually contribute to the war. Sure I can snipe a fleet here and there but it's not like that will change any territories.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: November 24, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »

Damn you Okim. I can't play the original game anymore because of this mod. :D

Zelphir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: November 24, 2014, 08:53:19 PM »

1) Will you keep the civilian/military status for the player? I enjoyed being locked out of the faction and not having access to the good stuff until i could finally muster the resources to get into it.

2) Apart from the aliens and the AI, what have you planned for the late game? Honestly I was hoping that after I joined a faction's military I'd have the chance to actually contribute to the war. Sure I can snipe a fleet here and there but it's not like that will change any territories.

I don't know if its possible to do this but I like the old system to a degree, I would prefer if it was a bit more nuanced as in if your not part of a military you can still get access to military grade equipment like the stuff with the "friendly" context, but unless I join I cant get any of the better stuff "cooperative" maybe?

the second one I am not sure I have an opinion on.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3235 on: November 25, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »

1. doesn`t the current relationship system provide what you ask for? You get junky stuff right away with slowly progressing to some more effective and deadlier stuff as well as some better ships. Getting in good terms with a faction right now is problematic - there aren`t any significant ways to improve it right now (no faction-based personal bounties, rare standard bounties, almost no hostiles to kill in faction systems and etc.). Eventually I`ll get back pay-for-friendly and pay-for-truce methods of improving rep based on current reputation level.

2. you mean colony capturing/station destruction? There is a way to make station combat possible, but it is a bit too time consuming and difficult to code, so I wont be interested in doing so right now and in some near future.

I don't know if its possible to do this but I like the old system to a degree, I would prefer if it was a bit more nuanced as in if your not part of a military you can still get access to military grade equipment like the stuff with the "friendly" context, but unless I join I cant get any of the better stuff "cooperative" maybe?

the second one I am not sure I have an opinion on.

Again - getting to cooperative means that you killed a ton of faction`s enemies in that faction`s space. Right now there aren`t many enemy fleets to farm relationship on.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:22 AM »

Okim, have you changed anything about the way your mod works?

my own modification of your mod (adding a new faction, 1 system and 6 ships) used t works flawlessly, but my lastest attempt to integrate fail miserably and I cannot locate what is causing the issue.o

Is there anything in regards to how the factions and economy work now that I should know?

Looking at the log, aside from an error I notice a lacking SpecStore line for my faction
Code
4116 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/neutral.faction)]
4117 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading neutral faction
4117 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/RSF.faction)]
4118 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading RSF faction
4120 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/ISA.faction)]
4121 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading ISA faction
4122 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/XLE.faction)]
4123 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading XLE faction
4124 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/UIN.faction)]
4125 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading UIN faction
4126 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/FFS.faction)]
4126 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading FFS faction
4126 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/player.faction)]
4126 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading player faction
4130 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/independent.faction)]
4130 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading independent faction
4131 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/pirates.faction)]
4132 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading pirates faction
4133 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAMES\Starsector 6.5\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads2 (data/world/factions/VNS.faction)]

Aha..looking into the economy.jar, I see the system and some others things are defined in there... so there's no way easily add my own stuff..
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:29:07 AM by TrashMan »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3237 on: November 26, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »

A faction needs to contain everything that 0.65 faction have. This includes faction flag, specific faction names with/without prefixes and a whole bunch of ship roles. Aside from that you don`t need anything else.

As for markets - you just need to add the system that contains your planet to the starmap files. In addition you need to create a market for the system and add it to economy file.

Adding market to a planet is simple - just copy/paste any markets and replace the entity type with your planet/station unique id specified in system`s file.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »

Hmm...
- VNS faction file made (+ all graphics), added among the factions in factions.cvs
- VNS single system made in econ, added to economy.json
- strings edited, descriptions for everything (ships, stations, planets, weapons) added, faction ship names added
- all ship and weapon graphics added
- Ships hulls and variants added. Weapons and modules checked to be from current Ironclads
- system added to starmap.json

Am I missing something?

EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK.
Thanks Okim. The only thing not working is one hullmod.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:48:13 PM by TrashMan »

Jsay19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »

Hmm...
- VNS faction file made (+ all graphics), added among the factions in factions.cvs
- VNS single system made in econ, added to economy.json
- strings edited, descriptions for everything (ships, stations, planets, weapons) added, faction ship names added
- all ship and weapon graphics added
- Ships hulls and variants added. Weapons and modules checked to be from current Ironclads
- system added to starmap.json

Am I missing something?

EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK.
Thanks Okim. The only thing not working is one hullmod.

Hey Trashman, I searched for VNS and found your Sub-mod. Seems dead though, you still working on it? Looks pretty good.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 281