Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642975 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.2 (7/8/2014) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #3000 on: September 25, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »

With all the new economy system that is about to be delivered with SS 0.65a Ironclads will lose it`s current trading system.

This means that such station types as mining bases,  factories, ship yards and specific trading stations will no longer exist in the mod as all the per-station trade wont be possible with the new eco-system. The new relationship system will probably render such things as civilian/military markets an absolute feature due to the addition of weapon tiers and market produced ships (?). In this case all civilian factions will be removed from the mod due to loosing their current role.

In other words I have a feeling that the mod after 0.65 will just create a larger alternative to the current vanilla, which isn`t good. I just hope that I`ll find some way to make it differ a bit more than just by a few factions, monsters and conversions...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:56:10 PM by Okim »

arussian41

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 26, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »

So, created an account on the forums for this purpose, but I'm getting an error message that a sound resource is not found in the directory... super new to Starsector and don't know how to access the .log
sorry to inconvenience you...
It's just that this is the only mod that interests me.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: September 26, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »

With all the new economy system that is about to be delivered with SS 0.65a Ironclads will lose it`s current trading system.

This means that such station types as mining bases,  factories, ship yards and specific trading stations will no longer exist in the mod as all the per-station trade wont be possible with the new eco-system. The new relationship system will probably render such things as civilian/military markets an absolute feature due to the addition of weapon tiers and market produced ships (?). In this case all civilian factions will be removed from the mod due to loosing their current role.

In other words I have a feeling that the mod after 0.65 will just create a larger alternative to the current vanilla, which isn`t good. I just hope that I`ll find some way to make it differ a bit more than just by a few factions, monsters and conversions...

One thing I like about your mod though is that you can balance things to feel a certain way. Without other mods the factions feel much more distinct. Besides, you still have a monopoly on the only broadside-centric faction in all mods (I can't think of any others atm).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3003 on: September 26, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »

So, created an account on the forums for this purpose, but I'm getting an error message that a sound resource is not found in the directory... super new to Starsector and don't know how to access the .log
sorry to inconvenience you...
It's just that this is the only mod that interests me.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the game and have properly installed the game/mod.

Log is located in starsector-core. You need to post here the last several entries starting one entry above the ERROR.

arussian41

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »

I think I got it, correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a couple days since I was able to get some down time.

57317 [Thread-5] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_interface/ui_button_pressed.ogg]
58927 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sounds/fx/hits/hit_moderate05.ogg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sounds/fx/hits/hit_moderate05.ogg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.C.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.C.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3005 on: September 29, 2014, 11:34:15 PM »

I hope you are using the latest version of the game (i.e. 0.62a)? Otherwise it wont work for you.

Check if the game works without the mod.

arussian41

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 29, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »

It does indeed work without, I downloaded it from the main site.

Update: I uninstalled everything and re installed to make sure both the game and mod are of current version, still getting the same error.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:58:46 PM by arussian41 »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3007 on: September 30, 2014, 01:35:32 AM »

Can`t help you with this one.

Probably there is some other mod that you are trying to use alongside Ironclads that causes incompatibility problems. Or there is something odd with the game version you are using.

Mod has nothing to do with this sound file error that you get.

arussian41

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: October 01, 2014, 01:58:53 AM »

I figured it out: I'm ***

I downloaded from the Okim Studio site, the 4.3 version, and not the one posted (7.2) here in the forums...

My bad for being a dimwit. Carry on.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3009 on: October 01, 2014, 02:06:16 AM »

Oh. I forgot that I have that site over there :)

Glad you figured it all out.

arussian41

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »

*plays game*
This is great!

2173585 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 5, FP2: 8, maxFP1: 80, maxFP2: 120
2239420 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.CRPluginImpl.applyCRToShip(CRPluginImpl.java:337)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.RepairTracker.applyCRToShip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.ÔOÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.private.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.F.float(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.F.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.if$4.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

*** me.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:33 PM »

I can't recall if it throws a null pointer exception, but you can't be playing Ironclads, quit to the main menu, and start a new game without the game crashing. It's the most common cause of crashes reported here is why I bring it up.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3012 on: October 01, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »

Yeah. And that`s why I specially put this info in red on the original post of this thread.

No one seems to bother reading it :)

P.S.: this issue will hopefully got removed once 0.65a comes out and I update Ironclads for it.

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: October 02, 2014, 05:41:13 AM »

Fine job on the mod! Have been playing it for sometime now, and is a neat spin on the game!

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: October 03, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »

Been playing ironclad for a few weeks now, and i love it. the prototype for the RSF is amusingly broken with the right set up, Cant wait to see what you add when .65 comes out.

Also, went to look through your other works, saw you has some SoTS under your belt, and was wondering, ever thought of working on something for SoTS2? Or is that a game you don't plan on touching considering its...less than steller release?
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 281