Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638867 times)

Gibster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.1 (2014/5/5) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #2640 on: May 21, 2014, 07:41:16 PM »

Ok, I got 7-Zip and got it to work and, but now it crashes whenever I save. Help with that please?

Edit: Tried switching the numbers in the params document back to 512 and now it works. Interesting

2nd Edit: Ope, nvm, just got an incompatible save

3rd Edit: switched back 1024, now it works, still worieingly slow but it works
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:00:50 PM by Gibster »

RAMJB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 22, 2014, 06:17:18 AM »

Hi there.

Been playing StarSector for quite some time now and I just wanted to thank Okim for the awesome work he's done with this mod. There are a lot of mods for StarSector, I've tried most of them and almost every one of them is really really good...but I find myself going back to PI time after time and again.

I just love the faction system, ship models, weapons and dynamics, and the fact that you can do almost whatever you want and have success with it. If I was to critize something is probably the static nature of the map. It'd be really cool to see some (extremely difficult, expensive, costly and involved so it's rare yet still possible) way to conquer/take stations to switch their ownerships. Would make for a great money sink and challenge for the endgame when you already have a couple battleships in a massive fleet that just tears apart any oposition it finds. But I guess you can't have it all, right? :)

I've recently started a LP on it in my youtube channel - being the first one I do on StarSector I chose to go the easy way and jump into a military character right at the beginning (I think people like to see battles more than watching you trade and avoiding contact, but maybe in a future LP I'll go another route). Playlist is here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzUWGPCQJmpito8tN9vVEcOAUSKjc6y86

So if you want to link it in the OP, you're free to do so, Okim. Just has 2 episodes right now but this one will be a long one. I just love this mod. Thanks a lot for all the work and investment you've put on it.

Gibster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 22, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »

Hi there.

Been playing StarSector for quite some time now and I just wanted to thank Okim for the awesome work he's done with this mod. There are a lot of mods for StarSector, I've tried most of them and almost every one of them is really really good...but I find myself going back to PI time after time and again.

I just love the faction system, ship models, weapons and dynamics, and the fact that you can do almost whatever you want and have success with it. If I was to critize something is probably the static nature of the map. It'd be really cool to see some (extremely difficult, expensive, costly and involved so it's rare yet still possible) way to conquer/take stations to switch their ownerships. Would make for a great money sink and challenge for the endgame when you already have a couple battleships in a massive fleet that just tears apart any oposition it finds. But I guess you can't have it all, right? :)

I've recently started a LP on it in my youtube channel - being the first one I do on StarSector I chose to go the easy way and jump into a military character right at the beginning (I think people like to see battles more than watching you trade and avoiding contact, but maybe in a future LP I'll go another route). Playlist is here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzUWGPCQJmpito8tN9vVEcOAUSKjc6y86

So if you want to link it in the OP, you're free to do so, Okim. Just has 2 episodes right now but this one will be a long one. I just love this mod. Thanks a lot for all the work and investment you've put on it.

Hey RamJB, your video showed me this mod, I had already had this game for a while (since it was called StarFarer), but seeing that video and mod reinvigorated me  ;D. Proud subscriber now :).

xlandar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 23, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »

This mod is amazing! I love the ship designs!
Would it be possible for you to make a quick guide on how you create these ships?

ebigunso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 24, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the game doesn't allow me to upgrade a reactivated station even though I have 100 Low-tech 25 High-tech and 50 industrial components.
I tried putting it both in my cargo and station cargo but in either way the upgrade option is still grayed out.

I love this mod, please keep it up :D

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 24, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the game doesn't allow me to upgrade a reactivated station even though I have 100 Low-tech 25 High-tech and 50 industrial components.
I tried putting it both in my cargo and station cargo but in either way the upgrade option is still grayed out.

I think I encountered that before. Try getting twice that amount and try again.

ebigunso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 24, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »

I think I encountered that before. Try getting twice that amount and try again.

thanks, it worked with double resources except industrial components, which only consumed 50. It still is a bug though.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2647 on: May 25, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »

Thanks for reporting this one.

Just to be sure i`ve got it correctly - once you get 3 or more production skills that provides you with 50% discount on required resources for upgrade - you still get all options greyed out?

I`ve spent some time hunting this bug and what causes it. Guess what? I forgot to put "( )" in one of the conditions :)

ebigunso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 25, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »

I forgot, but I just looked in my character screen and I had it unlocked. So I think I did have it, not sure though.

Also I've got my hands on phase warping ships now, and it just decimates things :D
Just one problem though, now I have three of those in my fleet but they tend to phase into enemy ships or eachother and wreck themseleves... I've already reloaded the game few times by that happening. Can it be fixed somehow? I assume fiddling with the AI is really a though job but I'm sure it would greatly improve gameplay.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2649 on: May 25, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »

FFS Codex-class supply barge.

The role of this ship is simple - provide whatever cargo and fuel capacity a small FFS raiding party might need. Codex usually participates in the battle as its numerous small mounts provide a good anti-fighter and anti-missile coverage to FFS ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2650 on: May 25, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »

All ships in one post.

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 25, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

Beautiful sprites as always  :)

In one of your posts you mentioned the idea of adding new UIN fighters, did you have any specific role in mind ? Personally I find the existing ones are great against low-tech fighters thanks to their frag-based damage output, but somehow lack the punch to attack frigates or capitals. I think a bomber would be a good addition.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 25, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »

Beautiful sprites as always  :)

In one of your posts you mentioned the idea of adding new UIN fighters, did you have any specific role in mind ? Personally I find the existing ones are great against low-tech fighters thanks to their frag-based damage output, but somehow lack the punch to attack frigates or capitals. I think a bomber would be a good addition.

Agreed that those are some nice sprites.

I do agree that a UIN bomber using the UIN EMP torpedos or the plasma caster would be cool.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2653 on: May 25, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »

For UIN there are two main ideas - a bofors\frag miss armed heavy superiority craft (large boat with lots of guns like multigun corvette in Homeworld) and a torpedo bomber using the same hull. Both are drones.

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 26, 2014, 07:42:52 AM »

Love the idea of a corvette-ish ship ! Great news indeed  :)
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 281