Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638519 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2190 on: November 04, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »

7 times with just Porcupine? Hmm... Will take a look.

EDITED:

Try adding this line "damage":250, to whd_purcupine.proj file in weapons/proj folder. Put it somewhere before ExplosionSpecs and see if it does anything in the game.

Its odd that it does not register the damage of the warheads.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:59:33 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2191 on: November 05, 2013, 04:11:29 AM »

UIN Manta megafreighter and size comparison with other factions large freighters:

Manta has a single fighter bay, a pair of hardpoint missile mounts, 6 small and 6 medium ballistic mounts. Its slow, but pretty well armoured (compared to other freighters) and can become a serious threat if equipped with military-grade missiles.

It is a capital ship, btw. The only one among civilian ships in the whole sector.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: November 05, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »

UIN Manta megafreighter and size comparison with other factions large freighters:

Manta has a single fighter bay, a pair of hardpoint missile mounts, 6 small and 6 medium ballistic mounts. Its slow, but pretty well armoured (compared to other freighters) and can become a serious threat if equipped with military-grade missiles.

It is a capital ship, btw. The only one among civilian ships in the whole sector.
Is it in? because that'll be my superfortress
Im always skint.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: November 05, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »

Try adding this line "damage":250, to whd_purcupine.proj file in weapons/proj folder. Put it somewhere before ExplosionSpecs and see if it does anything in the game.

Putting the parameter in the line directly above ExplosionSpecs doesn't stop the crash, unfortunately. I thought that maybe it was due to firing them point-blank and thus having the warheads split "out of the barrel" so I ran another simulation firing them from the edge of sensor range; I heard one bit of PD fire, one shield hit, then the game crashed.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

ChaseBears

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: November 05, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »

I got it, it's a formatting problem - a comma out of place and maybe some duplicate entries too. this file works when i test it (crashed before).

I also discovered that frag missiles lack a detonation sound~~
Code
{
"id":"whd_porcupine",
"specClass":"missile",
"missileType":"BOMB",
"sprite":"graphics/missiles/bomblet0.png",
"size":[9,11],
"center":[4.5,5.5],
"collisionRadius":9,
"collisionClass":"MISSILE_FF",
"explosionColor":[255,155,155,255],  # purely visual, will get a white additively blended core on top of this color
"explosionRadius":100, # purely visual
"behaviorSpec":
{
"behavior":"PROXIMITY_FUSE",
"range":80,
"explosionSpec":
{
"duration":0.1f,
"radius":180,
"coreRadius":60, # full damage within core radius
"collisionClass":PROJECTILE_FF,
"collisionClassByFighter":PROJECTILE_FIGHTER,
"particleSizeMin":3.0,
"particleSizeRange":3.0,
"particleDuration":1,
"particleCount":100,
"particleColor":[255,155,155,255],
"sound":"explosion_flak",
}
},

"engineSpec":{"turnAcc":0,
 "turnRate":0,
 "acc":0,
 "dec":0}
}
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:08:47 PM by ChaseBears »
If I were creating the world I wouldn’t mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o’clock, Day One!

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: November 05, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »

Yup, that's fixed it. Glad to have finally been helpful for something...and to have put it in the right place. :D
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 05, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »

This might just be me, but it seems like the stations don't restock.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2197 on: November 05, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »

Civilian stations restock with ships and weapons very slowly. Only trading station and security station as well as ship yard are being restocked at constant basis (cargo fleet per 1-2 weeks).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:01:36 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2198 on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:02 AM »

Progress update. What is in current dev version:

1. research stations that buy planet survey logs and alien tech, financial centers that buy valuables
2. ability to take a loan and put/take money from your international account
3. reworked trading system that no longer has 'easy ways' and is now a bit more diverse per station
4. planetary surveys, exploration and recovery operations (logs for surveys, chances to detect something interesting with a Planet scanner)
5. a 'lander' type 'flag' for all shuttles and other small ships (used in surveys and recoveries)
6. a journal with immense amounts of information (various achievements, lists of reactivated, salvaged, hacked stations, visited systems, surveyed asteroids and price table for each faction)
7. a description of trading system, factions and diplomacy in 'Ironclad`s Codex' page of the journal
8. a pair of hybrid ships (RSA and ISA) and a deadly Lancer Combat Drone wing for UIN
9. a new tug for RSF and megafreighter for UIN, reduced amounts of freighter copies (RSF and ISA now use just one type of ship per size instead of numerous copies of the same hull)
10. some fixes

I`ll try to prepare and test a 6.6 version of the mod until this weekend. There is plenty of stuff to test, so i might eventually fail to deliver the mod before the weekend :)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »

Do conversions appear only when you have what you need for them?
Does the Marauder Hideout have any conversions?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2200 on: November 06, 2013, 01:53:21 PM »

Hi.

1. dialogue options for conversions appear when you unlock access to them and when you have a proper ship in your fleet. Military conversion options wont appear until you joing that faction`s military forces.

2. Marauders do have conversion options. At least they should. But one again - those are only for pirate allies. Or should be at least...

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: November 06, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »

Do I have to be Allies with the Marauders, because when I pay to become a pirate I just become neutral to them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:12:25 PM by Toxcity »

Wraithbourne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: November 06, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »

Well, first post on the forum, I downloaded and installed this mod about 4 days ago, after some niggles with the saves (all fixed now thanks to the advice in this thread) I'm now having great fun with it, I'm running a save for all the factions and frankly I cant get enough of it. 

All the factions seem to complement each other very nicely, considering that you're seperating the factions more by fighting doctrine than what epoch of ship they make use of like the vanilla game does I regard that as a great achievement.  Its not perfect and theres the odd balancing problem here and there but for a WIP its a cracking effort.  The expansions to the economy work nicely and that the mod contains means of earning exp other than fighting is I feel an excellent addition, one that I fully expect will make its way into the vanilla game in due course.

One thing I would point out from a non-gameplay point of view is that quite a few of the descriptions for ships and weapons strike me as being a bit jarring and at times they just dont flow nicely and can sometimes be a bit jarring.  Now I'm well aware that the grammar nazi is one of the most loathed creatures of the interwebs but my personal opinion is that having everything properly worded and looking good adds a great deal to the polished feel of a game or mod, and also allows the player to slip into the world and lore of the game more comfortably.  From your own standpoint its readily apparent that you're actively working on additional content, code fixes and the like and such things are probably quite a way down on your to-do list.  However should you be seeking a proof reader to go over things for you I'm more than happy to help, just let me know :)

~Wraith

ChaseBears

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: November 06, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »

i'm about 1/3 of the way through editing all the ship descriptions xD
If I were creating the world I wouldn’t mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o’clock, Day One!

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 06, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »

I was going to offer to proofread as well, though last time I did that (on a SPAZ mod) I ended up not getting some of the modder's intentions correct and somehow managed to start a fight between the two people developing the mod...so...I've kinda been wary since. :o
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 281