Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1643099 times)

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2160 on: November 01, 2013, 11:13:42 AM »

I have a difficult time playing vanilla now, I just don't care for the ships at all.

Come on now, what's not to like about the Paragon, Dominator, Aurora, Astral, Odyssey, Prometheus, Eagle, Falcon, and other gems?
 Vanilla ships are beautiful, and shouldn't be dismissed every time a shiny (in this case blinding) mod comes out.

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 01, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »

Okim, what exactly is the point of all the different freighter variants? I mean yeah, some of them have more cargo capacity and bigger price tags, but the difference in prices is so minor that there is really no point to buy the lower capacity versions when an alternative is available. As it stands it is only annoying every time I have to open the codex and look up whether I'm looking at the only version worth buying or there is a better one somewhere.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 01, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »

Cool stuff with the journal! Have you considered releasing a "Ironclads lite" version with less systems for those of us who can't play this marvelous mod due to save issues? This is purely out of self interest :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2163 on: November 01, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »

You can`t play even with Java-64 and modified vmparams? Or you just have no 64 rig?

Okim, what exactly is the point of all the different freighter variants? I mean yeah, some of them have more cargo capacity and bigger price tags, but the difference in prices is so minor that there is really no point to buy the lower capacity versions when an alternative is available. As it stands it is only annoying every time I have to open the codex and look up whether I'm looking at the only version worth buying or there is a better one somewhere.

There was a hope that Alex one day will release an ability to specify a sprite per variant so that you can pick a colour scheme when editing a variant. So that`s why there are so many RSF/ISA freighters and no multiples of UIN and XLE ones.

I can always cut the amount of freighters down to 1 per ship size (1 Fatboy, 1 Crawler-XT, 1 Mule, 1 Ox, 1 Donkey etc).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:56:35 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2164 on: November 02, 2013, 04:34:20 AM »

Ok. Some screenshots of journal demo version:

1. main screen: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/journal_main.png

Contains no info and just options.

2. finances screen: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/journal_fin.png

Shows variois financial info and mined resources.
Has options to show any faction`s prices per station: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/journal_price.png

3. sector screen: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/journal_sector.png

Shows some info of your achievements in exploration of the sector.
Can show surveyed asteroid fields wih their locations and deposits. Can also show wrecks and reactivated stations.

The main feature of this page is nearby stars option that shows the closes systems within 6 light years.

4. diplomacy screen: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/journal_diplo.png

Pretty simple function - shows your relationship with all factions.

5. statistics screen: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/journal_stats.png

For now it just shows how many ships in fleet points you have killed per faction.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2165 on: November 02, 2013, 04:39:16 AM »

Journal is accessed by pressing 'j' key from hyperspace or normal space in campaign (nearest stars are shown only when in hyperspace).

Plans are to store not just reactivated station data, but also 'known locations' that are collected when you enter the system with abandoned station.

Prices are final, but the screen might eventually get updated when ever you visit a station (so from the start of the game it contains only your starting faction`s price lists. Not sure if i`ll do that actually.

I`ll add some pictures probably of modified sector map (like showing bubles with names for factions or station icons for wrecks/depots/abandoned stations etc). Not sure though.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 02, 2013, 05:03:01 AM »

Dreadnought mission just a suicide mission.You cant attack the dreadnought because map is too small, ships are destroyed by astreoids or ram to dreadnought.Your fleet never survive

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 02, 2013, 05:47:10 AM »

I flew the dreadnaught
No abilities
Just
Sheer
Cannons.
Barely any speed too
I took out the dreadnaught easily too,
You take down its shields smash its defences and let thee...
                                            B202 bombers do the rest of the work!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2168 on: November 02, 2013, 05:51:53 AM »

I flew the dreadnaught
No abilities
Just
Sheer
Cannons.
Barely any speed too
I took out the dreadnaught easily too,
You take down its shields smash its defences and let thee...
                                            B202 bombers do the rest of the work!

It has no shields...

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 02, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »

It has been almost a year since you started making Ironclads, but you haven't made the mod title image, also, wanted to ask if you could try the OnHitCrit script, i feel it could spice up the combat a bit--
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:22:34 PM by silentstormpt »

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 02, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »

It has no shields...

Doesn't really need them either, I cheated myself one once. In the simulation I spawned all ISA ships an a UK and destroyed everything without even taking significant armor damage. It can easily solo system defense fleets or the alien mothership and is absolutely unbeatable with high combat/technology skill.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2171 on: November 02, 2013, 01:35:37 PM »

It has been almost a year since you started making Ironclads, but you haven't made the mod title image, also, wanted to ask if you could try the OnHitCrit script, i feel it could spice up the combat a bit--

Do i really need an image for the mod? That is something i don`t want to bother. Mod is recognisable without it.

OnHitCrit is an utility mod, isn`t it? If not - well, not a priority at all.

P.S. and its 2 years actually ;)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2172 on: November 02, 2013, 01:36:07 PM »

It has no shields...

Doesn't really need them either, I cheated myself one once. In the simulation I spawned all ISA ships an a UK and destroyed everything without even taking significant armor damage. It can easily solo system defense fleets or the alien mothership and is absolutely unbeatable with high combat/technology skill.

That`s why it and mothership are not playable in campaign.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 02, 2013, 02:04:06 PM »

You can`t play even with Java-64 and modified vmparams? Or you just have no 64 rig?

I have a 64 bit rig, 64 bit JRE6, and vmparams set to 2048 - I can load games for a little while as long as I have the sounds off, but after 4,5 saves (not sure if its number of saves or length in game, maybe 3 months?) it runs out of memory on load. Very sad too, as I absolutely love what you've done with the mod and sprites.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2174 on: November 02, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »

Hell i wish i could play for 3 month in the game...
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 281