Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638539 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.5 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2115 on: October 26, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »

Sounds like a neat idea, and I could see how that would hypothetically work.
I have a unrelated question though.
How do you join the special ops?

There wont be any spec ops. The ability to ignore rel hits is now Scrambler`s only.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 26, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »

Ok then! Were do you acquire the scrambler?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2117 on: October 26, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

At pirate bases, but its not orking properly for now (it still can insta-disengage your less-than-50-FP fleet from mostly any battle).

Supernova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 26, 2013, 10:54:07 PM »

Hey Okim, while playing the mod, just got my first destroyer fully outfitted, and I had two other frigates in my fleet. I was able to draw a rockbug next to a system defense fleet, have it get injured, then kill it myself when it ran away. Netted me something like 1.2 mil. Which then shot me to late game where I now can take on just about anyone. I don't know if this is something you want to be able to happen or not but it can, albeit with a little luck and mcgyvering.

On a separate note I love the look of the charger missiles, they are just so cool.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2119 on: October 26, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »

In 6.6 Rock Fly gives less parts and these parts now cost less credits.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 27, 2013, 05:17:25 AM »

In the near future....

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2121 on: October 27, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »

RSF Kerch Prototype destroyer based on AI technology. This nimble DE is a true killer...

1 large and 3 medium energy mounts, high energy focus, built-in expert systems and advanced sensors. Good flux, good speed, good armour.

Only availabe through buying for alien tech at research stations (for friends only). In combat can`t be salvaged due to quantum detonator that instantly destroyes the ship should it be disabled.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 27, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »

one word... OMGYES!  ;D

darkova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 27, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »

will there also be hybrid tech weapons available for each faction or is that a bit later?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2124 on: October 27, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

will there also be hybrid tech weapons available for each faction or is that a bit later?

Nope. While the idea is nice - i have almost all the standard weapon ideas in the mod. So adding new weapons with just defferent sprites is a bad idea.

However there are planned some 'joint-project' weapons. For example - RSF Charged cannons (408mm and 50mm) are the result of XLE sharing their ideas with RSF. XLE Ion-Pulse Cannon is a result of RSF giving their Ion techs to XLE.

There are going to be ISA gauss gun and rail accelerator and UIN Plasma Caster and Plasma Spitter. All these toys are high tech and not used on faction`s ship (except may be for some high-payed mercs and military elite).

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 27, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »

RSF Kerch Prototype destroyer based on AI technology. This nimble DE is a true killer...

Spoiler
[close]

1 large and 3 medium energy mounts, high energy focus, built-in expert systems and advanced sensors. Good flux, good speed, good armour.

Only availabe through buying for alien tech at research stations (for friends only). In combat can`t be salvaged due to quantum detonator that instantly destroyes the ship should it be disabled.

If it's really nimble and fast, maybe it could get away with having it's large mount be a hardpoint and getting a few more medium/small mounts in return?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2126 on: October 27, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »

Than it would be a Kursk mk2-mk3 and that`s not a goal.

This ship is hard to obtain and it must be much better than other DE-sized ships. And it isn`t that fast actually :)

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 27, 2013, 03:19:48 PM »

'Second stroke today'

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 27, 2013, 06:04:04 PM »

Than it would be a Kursk mk2-mk3 and that`s not a goal.

This ship is hard to obtain and it must be much better than other DE-sized ships. And it isn`t that fast actually :)

Yeah, there's a big gab between "fast" and "fast enough to properly use a hardpoint weapon" (which the kursk certainly isn't).
But I guess it's not nearly as nimble as the alien destroyer (which used to be the ship of my choice in 0.54). Still going to be a blast to fly I'd assume.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 27, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »

Hmm.... I've taken the steps on the front page and also replaced the jre with a 64 bit version (and increased the memory to 2gb), but I'm still getting a memory overload. Interesting that its an overload in the garbage collector... Are there any other measures I can take to overcome this? I love this mod, but can't load the saves :P. (Also, what the heck could be taking up 2GB of memory? Thats a huuuuge amount of memory. I'm guessing that something in the Java loading routine is making and 'deleting' (removing last reference) many copies of objects without letting the GC run.)
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 281