Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638815 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.1a (for 0.6.1a)
« Reply #1740 on: October 05, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »

Same here.  Can you upload as a normal ZIP or RAR instead of an executable?  There are too many issues with non-installer execuatables anymore.

Sorry, but my current system has only 7zip.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.2a (for 0.6.1a)
« Reply #1741 on: October 05, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »

7-zip can make standard .zip :)

P.S. version string in mod_info.json says 6.1 still.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:42:57 AM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1742 on: October 05, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

6.21 is about to be released with a fix to level-up problem.

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 05, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »

I tried to right click it but their was no option to open with so I couldn't use my winrar :/
How is this version different the first hotfix worked perfectly.

Sidie Hawkton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 05, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »

Got a fatal null using 6.2...
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.m.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oOOO.addOption(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.IroncladsStationInteractionDialogPlugin.optionSelected(IroncladsStationInteractionDialogPlugin.java:1602)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.O00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1745 on: October 05, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »

1, 2 and 3 DPs are forcing AI to not deploy anything in combat against single ship.
So? :D

The reason the Ox Tug is 2 DP and marked NO_COMBAT is because it should not be used in a fight.

Marking your mod's civilian, non-combat ships the same way and giving them similar DP costs is the way you ensure the enemy admiral AI is able to take the correct decisions vs engage or run away.

Where did you get that 'NO_COMBAT' tag? If you mean 'CIVILIAN' tag in hull.csv (like OX in core uses) - all my ships already have this and 1,2,3 DP just make AI to withdraw without deploying anything.

What is the real problem with 5 DPS per freighter? AI runs away from your fleet or what?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1746 on: October 05, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »

Got a fatal null using 6.2...
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.m.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oOOO.addOption(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.IroncladsStationInteractionDialogPlugin.optionSelected(IroncladsStationInteractionDialogPlugin.java:1602)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.O00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.oOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Where did you get it? Station, faction, conditions. This error indicates something wrong with strings file, but its huge and more specific info would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 05, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »

Where did you get that 'NO_COMBAT' tag? If you mean 'CIVILIAN' tag in hull.csv (like OX in core uses) - all my ships already have this and 1,2,3 DP just make AI to withdraw without deploying anything.

What is the real problem with 5 DPS per freighter? AI runs away from your fleet or what?
Yeah sorry I meant CIVILIAN, I got confused with a similar usage tag in another game I used to mod for.

CIVILIAN has no impact on how the enemy admiral AI considers the ship when deciding to attack or not.

This is why the civ destroyer-sized cargo ships in the stock game take 5-6 DP (Buffalo Mk.1, Tarsus) and the frigate civilian ships take 2-3 (Dram, Ox).

It should be used purely as a measure of combat ability, so that you don't get things like a 5-dp combat frigate running away from a shuttle with 1 light gun mount. If that's happening, and it is, you know the DP is set wrong.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1748 on: October 05, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »

Well, as i wrote before - all freighters are civilians and setting DP below 4 seems to confuse AI somehow. So for now the minimal DP will be set to 5.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 05, 2013, 01:22:03 PM »

I'll wait till that's fixed then, its frustrating enough finding fights without fleets running away because of my mighty cargo ships.

CAPFlyer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 05, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »

Same here.  Can you upload as a normal ZIP or RAR instead of an executable?  There are too many issues with non-installer execuatables anymore.
Hey Okim for some reason your latest hot fix for you installer isn't working for me. Saying that my version of windows wont work with it.

Right-click on it and use Winrar or any other extract software.

WinRAR does not give the option to open with right click.

BTW, I'm using a Windows 7  64-bit OS if that has any bearing.

Mavolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 05, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »

WinRAR does not give the option to open with right click.

BTW, I'm using a Windows 7  64-bit OS if that has any bearing.

open winrar then just find the file you want to unzip instead. that was how i did it

Bucktail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 05, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »

Instead of the enemy stations activate their weapons and are going to destroy you unless you pay a fee or leave you could possible fight it. A big battle against the station and the station would be a giant ship that can't move but has high shields and hull with lots of weapons and you would get a reward for beating it. And there would be different stations like a military outpost would be a lot harder to beat instead of a mining station.

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 05, 2013, 06:40:49 PM »

Instead of the enemy stations activate their weapons and are going to destroy you unless you pay a fee or leave you could possible fight it. A big battle against the station and the station would be a giant ship that can't move but has high shields and hull with lots of weapons and you would get a reward for beating it. And there would be different stations like a military outpost would be a lot harder to beat instead of a mining station.

I wish we could but I don't think the game has that capability ATM. :(

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 05, 2013, 07:25:50 PM »

I wish we could but I don't think the game has that capability ATM. :(

I believe the API actually does support that kind of thing now. We can start arbitrary battles from within a custom interaction dialog (InteractionDialogAPI.startBattle()), so the mod could create a special fleet that contains the station ship, then start a battle with it if you choose that option during the conversation. Then use the InteractionDialogPlugin's backFromEngagement() method to determine the outcome of the fight and give the relevant rewards/penalties.

Or at least, that's how it appears to work when looking at the API. I haven't actually messed around with interaction dialogs much yet.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 281