Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642819 times)

Krippakrull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.1a (for 0.6.1a)
« Reply #1710 on: October 04, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »

I am just starting out too, though I can say that there is at least one in-system trade route on the map(is this by design Okim?)... Fuel is a non issue when you never have to enter hyper space. ;)

Will report back if I find any bugs, and mod seems awesome so far!

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: October 04, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »

I found a somewhat effective trade route in UIN space : Buy High tech components in Achilles and sell them at the Shipyard in Gianopolis, then buy weapon comps in said system and sell those in Achilles. Rinse and repeat :)

Also, a couple things for Okim :

In the Achilles system, the civilian base sells low-tech components which you can then sell at the security base orbiting the same planet. Is this intended ? It's very very easy to just buy a couple of micro freighters and grind that route till you're a millionaire.

Also, I'm getting many .null errors (the error screen didn't give me more info about them) when trying to access "more trading options" in several systems. SO far, I've counted the stations at Nexus, Centronom and Centauri, and the shipyard at Gianopolis. Oddly, the .null errors seemed to be more frequent when a Jolly Roger was in my hold.

Hope this helps :)

As a side note, I've had the possibility to play your ACM mods for both Aftershock and SOTS, and I got to say they're pretty much the best there is around. SOTS+ACM is probably the most fun I've ever had in a sci-fi strategy game !

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 04, 2013, 05:37:12 PM »

1, 2 and 3 DPs are forcing AI to not deploy anything in combat against single ship.
So? :D

The reason the Ox Tug is 2 DP and marked NO_COMBAT is because it should not be used in a fight.

Marking your mod's civilian, non-combat ships the same way and giving them similar DP costs is the way you ensure the enemy admiral AI is able to take the correct decisions vs engage or run away.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 04, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

How would one go about installing a Starsector mod that's in .exe form?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:27:25 PM by dogboy123 »
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 04, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »

You can always just right-click it and open with 7-zip.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 04, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »

You can always just right-click it and open with 7-zip.
Dur, I don't know why I didn't think of that. ???
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1716 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »

Starting tips for trading: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=114380;topic=431.1635;sesc=4c7148d458f87526c078073a19d36cc7

Mining. If you got only green crew - you`ll get a -20% mining efficiency. Regular uses basic values, veteran - a bonus +20% and elite - an even greater bonus. Rockmaster is the best miner regarding supply consumption. Other miners have worse supply consumption raising to 60 for XLE Python (however it gets the best mining efficiency in the mod).

The more miners you get - the better is the output and odds to find exotic ores. Overall mining efficiency less than 1 results in mining failures and mostly common resources. This can be profitable if you haul these commons to Pax system (max selling price for common minerals).

I`ll soon introduce a Mining scanner that will give an extra bonus.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1717 on: October 04, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »

1, 2 and 3 DPs are forcing AI to not deploy anything in combat against single ship.
So? :D

The reason the Ox Tug is 2 DP and marked NO_COMBAT is because it should not be used in a fight.

Marking your mod's civilian, non-combat ships the same way and giving them similar DP costs is the way you ensure the enemy admiral AI is able to take the correct decisions vs engage or run away.

I was unaware of this. Will try to do that for the next update.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1718 on: October 04, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »

I found a somewhat effective trade route in UIN space : Buy High tech components in Achilles and sell them at the Shipyard in Gianopolis, then buy weapon comps in said system and sell those in Achilles. Rinse and repeat :)

In the Achilles system, the civilian base sells low-tech components which you can then sell at the security base orbiting the same planet. Is this intended ? It's very very easy to just buy a couple of micro freighters and grind that route till you're a millionaire.

Also, I'm getting many .null errors (the error screen didn't give me more info about them) when trying to access "more trading options" in several systems. SO far, I've counted the stations at Nexus, Centronom and Centauri, and the shipyard at Gianopolis. Oddly, the .null errors seemed to be more frequent when a Jolly Roger was in my hold.

As a side note, I've had the possibility to play your ACM mods for both Aftershock and SOTS, and I got to say they're pretty much the best there is around. SOTS+ACM is probably the most fun I've ever had in a sci-fi strategy game !

Short trading routes are intended. Mostly for the case when you got ruined by some random pirate popping out of nowhere and blasting your shuttle with precios cargo. A way where you can continue playing without the need to restart.

Look at the bottom of the log file in starsector-core folder after you get a null error. By 'more trading options' you mean 'browse special offers?".

Just to make sure - there was a hotfix yesterday that fixes some errors - did you get it?

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 05, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »

I tried UIN skill and $ join after the Hotfix with new and old savegame .

I received a bulgaria but the station behave like i didnt enlist .

Didnt have time to tried other faction.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 05, 2013, 01:10:07 AM »

I tried UIN skill and $ join after the Hotfix with new and old savegame .

I received a bulgaria but the station behave like i didnt enlist .

Didnt have time to tried other faction.

I can confirm this. You can join ISA and problably RSF (haven't tested them yet), but not UIN. Judging from what Gabriel_Braun wrote earlier I presume that XLE doesn't work either.

Is there a another way to join? Paying any of them only seem to reset your relation, and I haven't found any "alien technologies" yet either.

Edit: Selling them a datacore didn't work either.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:19:19 AM by Jonlissla »

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 05, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »

Short trading routes are intended. Mostly for the case when you got ruined by some random pirate popping out of nowhere and blasting your shuttle with precios cargo. A way where you can continue playing without the need to restart.

Look at the bottom of the log file in starsector-core folder after you get a null error. By 'more trading options' you mean 'browse special offers?".

Just to make sure - there was a hotfix yesterday that fixes some errors - did you get it?

Yes, sorry, I meant "More trading options" :)

I'll post the log results next time I get an error, but truly that's the only bug I've found so far, mod otherwise runs smoothly for me.

And yes, I was running the hotfix :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1722 on: October 05, 2013, 02:17:38 AM »

I think i found the problem with joins and special offers. Testing its fix right now.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1723 on: October 05, 2013, 03:31:01 AM »

Ironclads v. 6.2 is ready now

It fixes military join procedure and should fix 'special offers' on civilian stations. If not - let me know.

What do you think about 'manual' type items that contain tips on various assets of the mod? Like a 'mining manual' that expains bonuses for mining efficiency and supply consumption. Or 'wrecks manual' that tells you how dangerous it is to board a wrecked station, but how profitable it can be.

These items would be put into player`s inventory on start up (taking no cargo capacity and costing a few credits). Or should i just write a manual for all the stuff in the mod in one file?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:35:07 AM by Okim »

Captain Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 05, 2013, 03:49:56 AM »

How about Galaxy Map and trade routes and charts for beginners? The Fuel is too expensive to blindly explore the star systems. 
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 281