Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1642989 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.2 (0.54.1)
« Reply #1575 on: September 21, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1576 on: September 21, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »

Trade system is pretty simple. And what is the most important - it is easy to use and to code. Player buys/sells what he wants with a single click. Text description can be screenshoted and compared to other stations for the purpose of finding the best trading routes. Cargo space and available credits are show in the window. All buy options have a check for available credits and wont show is you don`t have enough.

Curently all the factions bonuses to resources are already introduced (low-price XLE ores, low-price UIN high-tech stuff, ISA high demand for ores and etc).

BTW, i had to increase the cost of supplies and fuel.. Otherwise trading and roaming all over the sector was a bit boring with all that low-cost fuels/supplies.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:22:16 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1577 on: September 21, 2013, 07:20:46 PM »

Lol, you actually made it you sign :)

I`ve populated RSF and XLE sectors for now. Once i finish populating UIN, ISA and pirates with menaces - the mod will be released. Populating is not that time consuming and wont take long, but testing how it works - will.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1578 on: September 22, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »

Here is a concept of abandoned stations, wrecked stations and automated storage facilities.

These will be randomly distributed through the sector (each system having a chance of getting one of these with faction systems having better odds for storage facilities).

Abandoned stations can be reactivated for some components and supplies (the total amount will depend on players technical skills). You may find there some random stuff (weapons, ships, but mainly resources and supplies). You can also scrap it for large amount of components (station will be removed from the system).

Reactivated stations will be replaced by 'Your Storage Facility' which will allow you to store ships and cargo on it for free. Probably i`ll make it possible to convert them into mining facilities/orbital factories or even ship yards. Not sure about this though.

Wrecks will be a high-risk-high-reward type objects. You can send your marines/crew to investigate it and if successful (if your unexperienced crew wont trigger some really bad incident or just be killed by automated defences) - you`ll be able to pick some rich salvage or even a ship out of it. Wreck will be removed once you leave it.

Automated Storage Facilities will grant you free access to its storage and ship yard. BUT! Only if you will have a special ticket for it (or you can attempt to hack it). Tickets will be offered by the ASF if you have none (at a high price ofcause) or be obtained at trading stations (along-side other valuable special items).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:52:46 AM by Okim »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 22, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »

*wonders how any mod compilation will be able to compete with this so far*

I think Psiyon with Obsidian Void and Ascendancy is gonna be the only one to compete in any sort of fashion so far. Very much like the idea of being able to establish a home of sorts in any system with abandoned stations.

Aw, can I put up my half-joking request for a named sector again? :-[

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1580 on: September 22, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »

I`ve already answered your request - just tell me how to name it.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 22, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »

"Silent Lands" or "The Silent Lands". A border system that stood witness to a large skirmish between the ISA and the RSF, and then left abandoned to be infested with pirate activity and other such nasties which gave the rise to the naming of an otherwise unnamed system. I'd love for it to be a fringe UIN system (because I play the UIN almost religiously), but somewhere between the RSF and the ISA on the right hand side of the system would be a good place for it. Then it's still near the UIN  :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1582 on: September 22, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »

Silent Lands sounds good. I`ll put it somewhere above Grant - a bit deeper into unclaimed space.

EDITED: to be precise - it will replace the current Shi system there. And that one was actually planned to be a badlands systems with some wrecks (a couple of them).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:46:55 AM by Okim »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 22, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »

Heres a list i got for all systems on SC2, they are based on actual real star systems, might help you figure out what to name them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgj5ph70y8s62p4/AllStarSystemNames.txt
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:30:55 PM by silentstormpt »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1584 on: September 22, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »

Thanks. That`s surely will be useful.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1585 on: September 23, 2013, 05:58:15 AM »

Tested my first abandoned station and various options of reactivating it (in Silent Lands system, btw ;) ).

There are 4 options:

- simply spend a hell lot of resources and large chunk of fleet`s CR.
- get the same procedure, but at greatly reduced cost of resources and CR (if you have enough skills in field repair OR computer systems).
- activate a station almost for free (if yo get advanced field repair AND computer systems skills).
- plug in a Station Control Chip (that can be bought for 20000CR at ship yard).

In any cases a newly activated station will get a Station Control Chip in its cargo. The chip can be removed and reused elsewhere, but the station will immediately reset its activation status to none (blocking cargo, refit and mothball options). Station can be reactivated later by any means listed.

I`ll add some experience bonus for different activation options, but surely nothing will be granted for chip plugging in )))

eizen0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 23, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »

Is there a way to download an older copy of starsector?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 23, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

Unless you have it or someone is generous enough to give you a download of it, no.  I do keep a record of all the versions since the last time this game was called Starfarer, but I don't have it on me right now.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 23, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »

Well that's not strictly true - you can still download 0.54a.1 and possibly earlier from the blog posts - I don't know how far back they go, I am assuming they will be dead links at some point... But one version back is working at the moment

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 23, 2013, 01:51:53 PM »

So what can we do with this station? Can we spawn fleets from it or something? I would love some fleet controller mod like action in here
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 281