Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638569 times)

Helios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.0 (0.54.1) Hotfix
« Reply #1320 on: June 02, 2013, 08:38:36 PM »

Thanks guys! Didn't really see any in-game mission, so guess I'll try the console commands mod. Hope the future version could make dreadnought obtainable, even of lore wise obsolete.
It's big, it's powerful, and it's unique, perfect candidate for flagship. With decent armor, lack of shield isn't much of a problem, not to mention you can install a frontal shield yourself anyway.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 02, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »

Alien Mothership is a similar kind of dreadnaught. Slow, unwieldy, unshielded, packs a silly amount of firepower in one broadside and typically there's only one in the system at a time. Why not try for one of those?

Helios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 02, 2013, 11:41:31 PM »

Alien Mothership is a similar kind of dreadnaught. Slow, unwieldy, unshielded, packs a silly amount of firepower in one broadside and typically there's only one in the system at a time. Why not try for one of those?

Already had one. The reason I choose Russia-class (and RSF in general) is because I prefer "BOOM" instead of "pew pew pew" if you know what I mean.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 03, 2013, 01:41:39 AM »

I think ISA ships would be a better choice if you want the "BOOM" instead of the "Pew" or BZZZZzzzzzz"  ;D

Helios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 07, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »

Oh my... I always thought the "Green Dragon" faction was some kind of friendly alien race, until I read the description in the original post, and realize they are in fact humans with would-be Asia/Chinese background.

I rarely make criticizing comment, but their ship design just doesn't make any sense, at all. While the other human faction have relatively plausible and rational ship designs, the XLE ship seems to be designed with only aesthetics (read: dragonish-look) in mind, and added functional parts later when they realize they can't survive on aesthetics alone. They didn't even do a good job on aesthetic either, their ship look outright alien to begin with. If they are indeed aliens then it would be okay, as you can't explain the alien mind. But they are designed by humans... guess their design bureau is filled with art school expellees.

On a side note, the Asia dragon looks nothing like XLE ships which they supposedly represented. They are more akin to fanged snakes rather than winged lizards. Google it if you are interested. Their faction name also puzzles me... "Xing" clearly means "Star", but I can't make any guess on "Lao". Amongst the commonly used words, it could either be "Old" or "Prison" or "Work", none of which fits the name of an empire. It would make more sense if it's "Liao", one of the ancient dynasty name.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:42:59 PM by Helios »

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 22, 2013, 02:13:11 PM »

Have a question. When you choose a faction on beginning, you can't change to be hostile to that faction, no matter how many you kill? I chosen a last options and am neutral to all, but friendly to pirates. But no matter how many i kill, they are still friendly to me.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:21:25 PM by miljan »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1326 on: June 22, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »

That`s how the 'friendly' work now in the game. I think that in original game you don`t have any friends actually, so Alex probably didn`t expand this side of diplomacy too much.

Zeratul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mother ships are weak
« Reply #1327 on: June 25, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »

I was playing the game for a good while and got to the Michigan class ship. I used it at first and thought of it as a very well rounded ship to use, After I got a few levels the thing turned into an extreme powerhouse that could wipe out Mother-ship(s) without having to vent its own flux, Either increase mother-ship(s) strength, by adding shields, and/or add more Hardpoints, or add large hardpoints with a larger selection of weapons, I would love to see this take effect, as it would be well appreciated

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:30 AM »

The Mothership eats practically any other ship normally. Your skills and the various benefits provided by them make killing the mothership a much easier task.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1329 on: July 09, 2013, 01:19:01 AM »

I`m releasing a new version. I can`t recall all the changes that i`ve made, but i can tell you that major changes of this update are:

- new AI ship and weapon
- remodelled RSF Moscow
- new sprites for ISA guns
- new sprites for RSF energy weapons

Archive can be found on the first page, as well as a slightly more expanded change list.

EDITED: Oh, i almost forgot that i`ve also added a new ship for Aliens - a powerful Alien Destroyer....

AI Decompiler:
Spoiler
[close]

Alien Destroyer:
Spoiler
[close]

New Moscow:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:27:33 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.2 (0.54.1)
« Reply #1330 on: July 09, 2013, 01:23:12 AM »

I`ve also updated links to Sprog`s videos (sorry, just had no time to add the last 3 to the first page). Enjoy them.

Captain Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 09, 2013, 06:07:59 AM »

New Moscow looks cooler than Old; Great Job Okim.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 09, 2013, 06:15:17 AM »

Btw i can make a plugin that destroys a husk ship depending on hull/faction, this prevents capture for example the rock fly and the ai/alien ships. Do you need it Okim?

echosierraalpha

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 09, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »

Hi!  ;D

I'm kinda new here, but I've been playing this game (and this mod) for the better part of a month. First of all, thank you for creating this wonderful mod Okim! Sorry to bother you, but unfortunately, I can't seem to launch the new 5.2 update. (the 5.0 was working fine for me) evertime I try to launch the mod, an error message pops up with the following message:

Fatal: A JSONObject text must end with a '}' at 77-3 [character 7704 line 1] Check starfarer.log for more info

help?  ???

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:29 AM »

Two things.
Firstly, the "have you dun goofed" question, did you completely remove the old folder and extract the 5.2 update into an entirely new version?
Secondly, can you give us the last section of your starfarer.log, it'll help find the cause much easier.
The log file can be found in the "starsector-core" folder. It'll be this file here. Though hopefully yours is not as bloated as mine.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 281