Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638853 times)

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.0 (0.54.1) Hotfix
« Reply #1305 on: May 25, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »

Nice. A destroyer/cruiser to go with the 5 frigates. The AI fleet shall reign supreme!

EDIT: Are you going to possibly include start options for Aliens or AI? Possibly behind several "are you sure? This will destroy game balance for you" dialogs.

Omez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 25, 2013, 11:00:14 PM »

I feel like a lot of the medium missile slots are really lackluster in comparison to their large missile slot brethren in terms of ammo capacity. One of the more extreme examples is the Barracuda Mk. II where the large slot has 20 ammo for 18 OP but the medium version only has 2 ammo for 10 OP. Just a big difference I noticed when I went from slaughtering pirate fleets in my Connecticut and then trying to do it in a Belgium. That is more of the Connecticut being too strong but still (Fast Missile Racks and a Large Missile Slot on a Frigate is the bane of shield-less ships everywhere)

Great mod though, it is easily my favorite. Keep up the good work :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1307 on: May 26, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »

Yeah, i`m slowly getting closer to missile rebalance for the mod. Med launchers will probably cost around 3-6 OPs depending on missile type. Wasps etc. will cost 3, Eels - 4, Barracuda mk.1 - 5, mk.2 - 6. Hunterkillers - 6.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 27, 2013, 08:34:52 AM »

A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 27, 2013, 11:10:08 AM »

well i've installed and played the mod for a few hours now. i guess i'll just have to say you're a ***

Spoiler
i don't think i'll ever be able to return to vanilla. my life would be so empty without the tri-barrelled 125mm battlecannon WHY IS IT SO GOOD
goddamn russia you make some nasty weapons
[close]

Zmok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 27, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »

(Fast Missile Racks and a Large Missile Slot on a Frigate is the bane of shield-less ships everywhere)

Not only shield-less. RSF had a hard time enduring endless streams of engine-hitting missiles :-)

Replacing Fast Missile Racks with different ship system would be the easy solution. But I think more interesting would be equiping default variants with better point-defense and flares/drones, so they wouldn't be such an easy prey. Fighters guarding ships are also capable of shooting down missiles.

Missiles could differentiate warring factions. For example: ISA with smart long range multistaged missiles and RSF with many cheap quick boats packed with torpedos charging enemy capital ships.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 28, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »

Part 7 of the Ironclads playthrough, Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/hmxLrodUsOc
- Albert Einstein

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »

"Strange AI ship, more than capable of defending itself

Not long after the purple curiosities that were the Disassemblers began to appear, larger ships began to accompany them. While neither ISA nor RSF intelligence branches have given names to these new robotic ships, preliminary reports have shown that these ships carry improved armament over their smaller cousins. Both the ISA and RSF have given instructions to their patrols to steer clear of these AI ships until their mission can be determined."

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1313 on: May 30, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »

Oh, yeah. I forgot that you are supposed to make the descriptions for the Ironclads ;)

Thanks for reminding me. So... how is it going?

And btw, this one is DE sized and it is some kind of heavily armed scout.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 30, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »

Oh, yeah. I forgot that you are supposed to make the descriptions for the Ironclads ;)

Thanks for reminding me. So... how is it going?

And btw, this one is DE sized and it is some kind of heavily armed scout.

they look rly cool.
did i told you before how i like your sprites ? yeah i think i already did ;D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1315 on: May 30, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »

Thanks ;)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:49 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Helios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 02, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »

Had some great time with this mod, kudos Okim!

Fun moments:

Not long after the beginning, some RSF defence fleet managed to capture an Alien Mothership. Lucky bastards.

Also get my self a little pet. Didn't even thought it was possible, but it happened anyway.

Driving around in this "ship" is some real fun. With a whooping 1000 OP, I can fit every single ship module available into the poor thing, and still have lots of unused OP. Sadly it has no customizable weapon slots. And this thing can also carry 1000 crew, just imagining the scene put a grin on my face... Now I wonder if that Omnifactory is really THAT omni...

One last thing: How do you get the Dreadnought? It's in the database but I can't find it anywhere. Does it randomly spawn in the shop, or I have to do something on my part?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:15:53 PM by Helios »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 02, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

The dreadnought is mission only, you will have to mod it in yourself if you want it in the campaign.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 02, 2013, 12:13:12 PM »

You might notice the Dreadnaught looks distinctly different to the rest of the RSF fleet. All RSF ships looked like that. ISA ships looked different, too. When Okim redid all the ships, he left the Dreadnaught out. I don't know what his personal reasons were, but I think he gave a lore explanation, stating the RSF felt the Dreadnaught was rather unnecessary. The Moscow fulfills their powerhouse needs.

One minute, I'll go dig up the post if I can.
EDIT:
And speaking of the Federation (the Russia-Class Dreadnaught now), it doesn't exactly fit the style of the RSF anymore.  While the rest of the federation moved on, the dreadnaught failed to update. ;D

Yeah, that`s why its present in only one mission. And that`s why it dies there. Dreads are a failure in modern space navy. They are too costly in terms of maintainance and are quite vulnerable due to the lack of the shields.

And I haven't tried putting a Rock Fly through the Omnifactory, can you imagine the MESS that'd make inside the station?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:18:47 PM by Silver Silence »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 281