Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638834 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 4.1 (0.54 with campaign)
« Reply #945 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »

ISA Kansas-class heavy cruiser. Has 4 large energy turrets and other stuff. Slightly less effective as its former version. Compared to Germany heavy cruiser an Dragon as those are the largest cruisers in the mod.

Now the last one left - the mighty Michigun BB. That`s gonna be tough.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:28:48 AM by Okim »

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 20, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »

The new ISA sprites are awesome :o.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
New ISA ships
« Reply #947 on: December 20, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 21, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »

Nifty stuff.  I suspect the Kansas may replace the Germany as my go-to end-game flagship; that looks like it'll make for a really nice energy weapons platform.  Well, as long as it's got fortress shields for its ship system, but that seems to be standard equipment for high-end ISA warships.

(I tend to ignore the ballistic slots on the Germany; ammunition limits are so last-century.  Heavy lasers and particle cannons and beamers... makes for a pretty solid setup, though I do have to spend some of the Germany's forward medium slots on point defense - typically dual blaster turrets.  I've been avoiding using alien weapons this playthrough; makes things more interesting.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #949 on: December 21, 2012, 11:30:28 PM »

Well, as long as it's got fortress shields for its ship system, but that seems to be standard equipment for high-end ISA warships.

Well, no more :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #950 on: December 22, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »

ISA Michigan battleship. The new version has a built-in Plasma Burstcannon that fires plasma bolts (large variant) in a very rapid succession. After it fires 12 shots it reverts to the basic plasma cannon`s rate of fire (regenerating each ammo at 1 per 2 seconds rate).

Comparison to RSF Moscow battleship and in-game shot.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:22:51 AM by Okim »

Cypher

• Ensign
  • A spacemarine penguin. Because I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 22, 2012, 05:08:12 AM »

I hate to be a grammar-nazi, but shouldn't the battleship be a Michigan, not a Michigun?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #952 on: December 22, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »

Thanks. The long sleepless night of making this BB is to blame for that ;)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 22, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »

The new Michigan looks awesome - though I'll miss having three large guns right up front where I can get full benefit of their range.  Lots of medium slots for particle cannons, though, yay!

Finally got to play around with the new Dragon class cruiser - wasn't until level 43 that I got one delivered to the station (at which point I immediately realized "Oh, hey, they have some of these in the random missions, don't they?").  The turret arcs are... odd, and, at least with the guns I've installed, cause the AI to try and broadside things instead of actually pointing its front at the target.  Also had some issues with the central medium turrets (equipped by default with smart rockets) not firing at targets in front of the dragon at all, despite being just barely capable of doing so.  Adjusting the turrets to have a bit more overlap to the front fixed both issues.

The large hardpoint looks like it's out of position - I'm guessing it just never got re-adjusted after you swapped from two hardpoints to one?  Of course, if you're planning on installing a built-in weapon of some sort here, then it hardly matters if it's off a bit now.

The choice of small ballistic slots with flak cannons also seems odd, given that the XLE has both of the best small energy point defense guns in the game.  It works; just... seems odd.

As for armament... I know you've said the charged boltguns / boltcannons are a temporary placeholder, but I feel they're a particularly poor choice for this hull - they're very flux-hungry, and the poor dragon barely has the dissipation to support a single such weapon, nevermind six of them.  Replacing those with 408mm shrapnel cannons backed by a mix of 50mm dual cannon and 125mm battlecannon results in a vastly more effective design.  (I actually prefer shotgun drivers, but thought it made more sense to use guns made by the XLE's allies.)  If you then also replace the microlaser arrays with beamers, you have enough ordnance points left over to add an integrated targeting unit, the XLE's signature insulated engine assembly, and one flux capacitor.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #954 on: December 23, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. I`ve reworked the cruiser a bit. And btw, XLE got some new weapons - a heavy magna that fires up to 4 shots (medium-sized variant fires just a single shot now) and a charged rocket launcher set that delivers energy damage.

I`ve also reduced effectiveness of linked beamers and microlaser weapons to match their cost. And there are also two new autocannons for RSF...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #955 on: December 23, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »

Just came to tell that Wyvern made a fix for an unusual supply control bug. I`ll upload the new version with it in few days.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #956 on: December 24, 2012, 01:02:04 AM »

Does anyone need my old RSF/ISA sprites? I don`t want to erase them because they took some time and effort to create, but i also don`t need them any more. So if anyone interested - i can share them.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 24, 2012, 01:13:52 AM »

You could post them here

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #958 on: December 24, 2012, 04:59:05 AM »

New pirate sprites. This one is a Raider-class gunship. All 3 sprites are used in game (as 3 versions of the same hull). They differ only by weapon positions (not types and sizes).

You can easily see what hull those ships are based on :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:02:59 AM by Okim »

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 24, 2012, 05:18:11 AM »

Wow, these look fantastic.

I hope that there'll be more (and more endgame-y) ships available for the pirates after the rework, but seeing how much effort you're putting into every single one of these it'd probably be asking too much to create new ones on top of reworking the old ones.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 281