Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638638 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 1.1!
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 06:44:08 AM »

Some Ironclad and alien hulls/weapons:

New shotgun weapon:

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 07:52:30 AM »

Oh oh, is that a space shotgun of doom I see in that final screenshot?!?!?!   :o

That looks like some fun.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »

Its primarly role is PD. Good against fighters, great against MIRWs and torpedoes. Can quickly overload frigate-class ship if scores a good hit. But otherwise - much less powerful than flechette cannon :)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:16 AM »

Its primarly role is PD. Good against fighters, great against MIRWs and torpedoes. Can quickly overload frigate-class ship if scores a good hit. But otherwise - much less powerful than flechette cannon :)

Sounds pretty interesting!

Also, in case I haven't mentioned before, the Sword of the Stars mod in your link is my favourite mod of that game. (The only real downsides to it are the way planetary conquest magically makes the planet perfect for the conquering race and the way drones are implemented. Oh, and the guided torpedoes seem overpowered.)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2012, 03:34:47 AM »

Huh. I think the difficulty level "extreme" in the Beast Hunt mission where you kill four alien motherships seems off. I got an 84% score on my first try. Granted, I got it by by exploiting a combination of factors (the alien motherships' extreme slowness, the player ships' beam range that was longer than any but the alien ships' missiles which I could just wait until they ran out of) to keep it occupied and near full flux at all the time while a wing of bombers flew back and forth between a carrier and the enemy currently in the field to slowly but methodically reduce them to scrap metal. I lost two heavy fighter wings, a torpedo bomber wing and my initial ship. After losing my ship I transferred into the cruiser on the field and that lasted me the rest of the fight.

I wouldn't want to fight them with anything that didn't have a range advantage, however..!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2012, 11:07:27 AM »

It was set to EXTREME before i added gunboat and fighter to the Aliens. Now it is closer to extreme as fighters do a good job at tearing down your ships :)

A flight of these tears apart FRs and DEs in seconds. Especially heavy skimmer armed with two light pulse lasers and homming torpedo!

New light carrier codenamed Mule (based on Mauler hull):

BTW, i`m planning to remove shields from the ironclads and add more armor to them to simulate early tech-level of the 'humans' piloting them.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 04:34:33 AM »

Okay, that sounds interesting in the sadistic kind of way - when are you planning to release the new version with the alien fighters? (And you're right, it does sound like "extreme" would probably be a fitting difficulty description at that point.)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 06:03:15 AM »

I think I've pinpointed what it is about your ships' appearance that's bugging me. It's those red immaculate plates you're using. It's very weird in contrast to the rest of the ship's design and manufacture.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 07:48:10 AM »

Yes, those plates were the latest addition to the design before upload. A last-time scetch. Without those ships looked dull.

A new update is going to be available after i finish a set of new ships (e-fighter, bomber, lancer and crossbow gunships, light and spinal frigates, barrage destroyer) and rework shield/armor for clads...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »

New ships/weapons.

Hunter fighters with Unguided Rocket Racks:

Lancer gunships with two Laser Cannons / Laser Beams:

Crossbow missile boats with two Hunter x3 MRMs / Pilum x3 LRMs:

Blazer variants with Turbolaser Cannon / Laser Tri-Beam:

Dreadnaugh variants with Laser Tri-Beams, Heavy Laser Beams, Laser Beams / Turbolaser Cannons, Gatlinglasers, Laser Cannons:

This is a new DN that replaces old outgunned one ;)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:56:51 PM by Okim »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

Wow, talk about bristling with guns :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 12:51:38 AM »

ISA "Alabama" Class Cruiser:

ISA - Interstellar States of America. All Ironclad ships will be renamed and given to RSF (Russian Stellar Federation).

:)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2012, 02:43:55 AM »

You seem to be working towards a full conversion mod here. (Which, considering your SotS modding, may not be a huge surprise, but interesting nonetheless.)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 03:19:06 AM »

Nah, i`m just tunning my 2d drawing skills (Alabama is the first fully hand-made 2d image, which i`m proud of currently) :P

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »

Alabama was reduced to a destroyer size (it turned out that its actual pixel dimensions are equal to Mauler).

A new Missuri Missile Destroyer was added based on Alabama hull.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 281