Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638811 times)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 9.1 (21/3/2015) [0.65.2a] - new RSF 'doctrine'
« Reply #3900 on: May 05, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »

I`m a bit away from SS modding right now as i got my full time eaten by Space Engineers and Kerbal Space Program.

But i do wait for all these new features that Alex shows us! Transponder thingy will drastically change how the Ironclads feels. Especially when you will confuse a large freighter fleet for alien abductors ;)

BTW, i wonder if it would be possible to transmit a 'wrong' ID?

Like show as a large fleet, when you're a small frigate?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: May 05, 2015, 07:18:01 PM »

I`m a bit away from SS modding right now as i got my full time eaten by Space Engineers and Kerbal Space Program.

But i do wait for all these new features that Alex shows us! Transponder thingy will drastically change how the Ironclads feels. Especially when you will confuse a large freighter fleet for alien abductors ;)

BTW, i wonder if it would be possible to transmit a 'wrong' ID?

Like show as a large fleet, when you're a small frigate?

I think he means a fleet showing different ships than the fleet is actually composed of until they get close. So a large fleet of cargo ships approaches you, and you find out that it's actually not cargo ships at all once they get close to you.

I've been messing around with the weapon data to try and rebalance a lot of the weapons, since the change to ballistics, some weapons are pretty strong (Boltguns/Boltcannons, for example) and some weapons are just almost strictly worse than others (many UIN ballistics). Been trying to keep each factions weapons still unique. RSF weapons end up with higher sustained DPS (since they shoot faster, and I don't think they reload any faster). XLE weapons stay roughly the same, high DPS, low ammo capacity/reload speed. UIN weapons have low capacity but good sustained damage, and ISA weapons have high capacity/low reload speed, since I'd assume that ballistics are just for cleaning up after their missiles.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: May 05, 2015, 07:48:40 PM »

Man, I haven't played this mod in a long time!

I sincerely hope this mod is being kept up to date. I'm thinking of making a lets play again :3

A let's play of the current version would be cool!

I've been messing around with the weapon data to try and rebalance a lot of the weapons, since the change to ballistics, some weapons are pretty strong (Boltguns/Boltcannons, for example) and some weapons are just almost strictly worse than others (many UIN ballistics). Been trying to keep each factions weapons still unique. RSF weapons end up with higher sustained DPS (since they shoot faster, and I don't think they reload any faster). XLE weapons stay roughly the same, high DPS, low ammo capacity/reload speed. UIN weapons have low capacity but good sustained damage, and ISA weapons have high capacity/low reload speed, since I'd assume that ballistics are just for cleaning up after their missiles.

Maybe try sending those to Okim to implement/ get values from?

Also I think he means is it possible for a fleet to appear as another faction.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3903 on: May 05, 2015, 10:43:31 PM »

Was thinking exactly about fleets showing different composition. Like aliens 'hiding' under the disguise of their last victim or patrols deliberately transmitting a 'juicy freighter' transponder ID to lure pirates. Or ISA infiltrators raiding RSF space under RSF IDs.

Once you get close to such fleets their IDs suddenly changes to original showing a proper fleet composition.

I`m asking Alex if it would be possible to implement. Will keep you posted.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: May 06, 2015, 04:09:01 AM »

I feel like I came to a decent place in terms of balancing ballistic weapons. Each faction has strengths and weaknesses in their ballistic weapons, so instead of mounting the strongest ballistic weapon, hopefully you pick based on how you plan to use the ship.

ISA ballistics have moderately high DPS, and high capacity (generally 30 seconds sustained fire) but fairly bad reloading ability. The idea was that much of their damage comes from missiles and energy weapons, so ballistics are generally for finishing off weakened enemies, or fighting an outnumbered enemy after the initial missiles have been fired. The large rotary guns now fire a burst of 20 rounds, and have high DPS to make up for their craptacular range. Hopefully it makes them an option at least.
RSF ballistics have lower end DPS, but good sustained damage, meaning they are a good fit for the rapid fire of RSF ships.
XLE ballistics have not changed too much, they are still the high DPS, low capacity weapons.
UIN ballistics have low capacity, but fairly quick reloads, to fit their brawling style that fortress shields provide. I also renamed some of the weapons whose shell weights didn't really make sense (a 60 lb shell is roughly what goes in a 4 inch cannon. A 2000 lb shell is more like what would go in a 16 inch cannon).

If anyone wants to take a look, you can download it here: <Snip, I'll be making a thread for this soon(tm)>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:13:29 PM by Pushover »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3905 on: May 06, 2015, 04:55:04 AM »

Khem.

Why don`t you go and make a new mod thread instead of posting your balance vision/tweaks here?

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: May 06, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »

Sorry, I'll move my stuff into its own thread. I guess I should add a bit more content before I do.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3907 on: May 06, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »

Thanks.

To clarify - i`m not againt any changes or balance tweaks for my mod. I`m just for making it in a proper way.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: May 10, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »

Excuse me if these have already been mentioned; first time back in the thread since the big overhaul.

Ordering a Novgorod cruiser displays a message stating you bought a fighter squadron with a zero on the end; the cruiser is properly delivered.
The Stiletto gunship's description ends with "making the Rapier a highly customizable combat ship."
The Barnaul energy cruiser has 4 flight decks. As this matches the Astrakhan carrier, I assume it's in error.
The patchnotes say "13. removed any instances of FTG stations/depots" but I still see a few "resupply depot" stations that cannot be interacted with.
The Rostov-E description still claims it has a shield.

EDIT: Man, my signature is holding viciously true as I try to get an Astrakhan.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:25:14 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Sanguinius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: May 11, 2015, 02:04:10 AM »

Hello, I just want to know if I can try to translate your Ironclads mod in french?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3910 on: May 11, 2015, 10:29:26 AM »

@ Sanguinius: If you are asking the permission - it is ok. But be warned that you`ll have to update your translation with each new Ironclads` update (well, not each, but still).

@OOZ662: thanks, will take a look.

Sanguinius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: May 12, 2015, 02:40:00 AM »

@ Sanguinius: If you are asking the permission - it is ok. But be warned that you`ll have to update your translation with each new Ironclads` update (well, not each, but still).

@OOZ662: thanks, will take a look.

Ok thanks!

And I love your mod!

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: May 15, 2015, 04:46:34 PM »

So I captured an AI ship and it continues to insist that i don't have enough crew for it (but I do). Is this a known bug or just me?

(I had a feeling that it might be a known bug so I searched this thread a bit but can't find anything)
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: May 15, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

I noticed when I un-mothballed a fighter squadron it refused to accept that I had crew for it until restoring the fleet CR at a planet.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: May 15, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »

I noticed when I un-mothballed a fighter squadron it refused to accept that I had crew for it until restoring the fleet CR at a planet.

I'm already docked unfortunately :/

EDIT: weird, although it has 0% cr it won't malfunction and says that it is at "standard performance". Guess it's intended

EDIT2: Nope, can't deploy it. :/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:15:57 PM by Jay2Jay »
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 281