Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638844 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 9.1 (21/3/2015) [0.65.2a] - new RSF 'doctrine'
« Reply #3885 on: April 21, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »

Yeah. Got my attention switched to Space Engineers for the past several month. Made these weapon mods recently for the game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429053416&tscn=1429629164
Oh, nice. Is the game good? I've been meaning to get it one day.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 21, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »

Have looked at it but have to say, it doesn't look ready enough for me yet.

I'm happy with Starfarer, STO and Rimworld right now but am hoping that FarCry4 makes it into the summer sale as it's been ages since I've played a AAA.  Hopefully GTA5 hits the PC market soon too but I've been so busy with university and the election recently that games have fallen out of my time-spending sadly :(

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3887 on: April 21, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »

GTA5 is already there. At least Steam got insta-spammed with tons of vids and screenshots with it.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 22, 2015, 12:52:44 AM »

Can confirm, 47 hours racked up in GTAV already on PC and spent far too much time on it already on PC. Was a rocky start for me though. My first triple A PC game and it hitched like crazy if I drove more than a couple ft down the road until I updated my drivers.

Yeah. Got my attention switched to Space Engineers for the past several month. Made these weapon mods recently for the game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429053416&tscn=1429629164

How're you liking Space Engies? I burned out on it pretty quick, couldn't deal with the complete lack of some resources in asteroids and instead having to resort to getting shot to hell in an attempt to grab those free floating ships for disassembly. Replicated any Ironclad ships like the Novgorod or the Kentucky?

Oh, nice. Is the game good? I've been meaning to get it one day.
It runs okay but it feels like Minecraft in space. Very bare. Trying to play at 1x is absolutely glacial, 3x still feels a bit off but 10x is just silly and even then, any moderately large project will still take an age to build. There's not much in the way of enemies, just the adrift ships and they never passed me by, they always floated on past from many kilometers away. And if you wanna go big on a project, the game will grind to slideshow fps when you look at said project so you can never really get past ships on scale with, say, the Rebel Flagship from FTL. When I last played, resources were very binary and arbitrary. You either found so much uranium that all your ships are fueled for literally years with everything running or you find none at all and you're carefully moving grams of the stuff into ships, just enough to try and hunt for more in futility. All the resources did that to me at some point. My ships were just the starting ships completely repurposed because it was the only way I could build something decently sized. Grind them down, break down all the materials in numerous assemblers then rebuild them as needed. There are a lot of mods, but nothing much in the way of say, Tekkit or FTB for Minecraft. Spent forty hours playing it then kinda just dropped it like a brick and haven't gone back.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3889 on: April 22, 2015, 01:06:34 AM »

How're you liking Space Engies?

I`m nearing 1000 hours mark in SE and 90% of this time is spent in survival with realistic settings (all speeds set to 1x). ~50% of this time is coop survival with 3 other buddies.

Initial survival (when infinite worlds were added) was harsh, but extremely entertaining. Spending 3 hours of constant search for a particular critical resource (in my case it was nickel required for motor parts) with no GPS and limited speed was a real survival :) Today things are much easier (unfortunately) - there are plenty of ores in rocks, there is in-built GPS system which you can use to mark locations, there are plenty of helpful mods and etc. They added oxygen which is an option in any new/old worlds and which adds a new stat that you need to worry about. They are about to release planets with atmosphere and gravity and are reworking netcode.

No replicas of any ships thus far. Was working on a Homeworld Taidani heavy cruiser, but it was a slow process and recently hit the mark where this single ship drops my FPS below comfortable 25-30.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:09:31 AM by Okim »

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 22, 2015, 05:31:34 AM »

Yeah, been keeping up with information but as I say, between university work and the looming election I've got virtually no time for sleep, nevermind games :D
Still, it's almost over with all reports due in 2 days and only 15 days until the vote goes to the polls!  Looking forward to when it's all over so I can get back to gaming and sleeping again, at least for a while lol

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 22, 2015, 06:01:50 AM »

A thousand hours, gawd demn.  :D

Haven't played in a while though, so maybe I'll go redownload it some time and see if it's easier to get started. Finding endless iron and no silicon or uranium really wore thin on me pretty quickly when infinite worlds were added. Planets sound interesting, oxygen just sounds annoying, I've already had plenty of incidents where I've been welding and left it too long before trying to scurry back to something to restore power. By reworking netcode, do you mean less of the spastic landing legs that destroy stations and catapult small ships into space at many meters a second?

I remember my method of "GPS" was building beacons with a solar panel attached to asteroids roughly every 10km (max beacon range) from the starting platform. Eventually just stopped doing that and went for a cruise instead.

Black Crag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 26, 2015, 07:40:35 AM »

Is there any way to get the dreadnought in your fleet?

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: April 26, 2015, 02:39:04 PM »

The dreadnought is for mission only, and never meant to be part of the campaign as far as I know. If you really want it in the campaign, you can download the console commands mod and get in campaign using that

Gamer101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 28, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »

I don't know if i did something wrong or if its a bug but i have no graphics for star systems or in battle. The background is just bright white.

I can still see planets/stations/asteriods/ships/etc. There is a background for hyperspace. The Game runs fine and everything works except this.

I have it changed so it runs through 64x system, deleted all my saves, reinstalled the game twice and its always the same. I'm probably just missing something but i don't know what to do at this point.

Black Crag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: May 04, 2015, 01:52:26 PM »

Is there a way to get a prototype ship like in old versions of the mod? i saw it in Ramjb let's play of the mod.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: May 04, 2015, 03:00:01 PM »

I sincerely hope this mod is being kept up to date. I'm thinking of making a lets play again :3
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3897 on: May 05, 2015, 12:19:48 AM »

Yeah. I have all the same hopes ;)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: May 05, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »

Yeah. I have all the same hopes ;)

Doh, Should've read the version number XD
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3899 on: May 05, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »

I`m a bit away from SS modding right now as i got my full time eaten by Space Engineers and Kerbal Space Program.

But i do wait for all these new features that Alex shows us! Transponder thingy will drastically change how the Ironclads feels. Especially when you will confuse a large freighter fleet for alien abductors ;)

BTW, i wonder if it would be possible to transmit a 'wrong' ID?
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 281