Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1638487 times)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.2 (7/8/2014) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #3015 on: October 21, 2014, 12:56:27 AM »

Man, you're going to have a field day with this new update I feel.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3016 on: October 21, 2014, 01:04:46 AM »

Oh, nice. 0.65 is out...

I`m a bit too busy until November, so no Ironclads updates until then :P

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3017 on: October 21, 2014, 05:00:40 AM »

Been playing ironclad for a few weeks now, and i love it. the prototype for the RSF is amusingly broken with the right set up, Cant wait to see what you add when .65 comes out.

Also, went to look through your other works, saw you has some SoTS under your belt, and was wondering, ever thought of working on something for SoTS2? Or is that a game you don't plan on touching considering its...less than steller release?

Sorry for long answer.

Regarding 0.65. Well, now when it is out and I played it a bit I can say that its going to be less painful to rework Ironclads for it than I expected.

Regarding SOTS2 - not planning to touch that game at all. I can`t even force myself to play the vanilla game  - so harmful was my release experience with it.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: October 21, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »

Yeah, SOTS2 was a bit painful, I was really saddened because SOTS is absolutely fantastic.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: October 25, 2014, 05:09:10 AM »

I recently started flying the Order-class frigates from the green faction in Plex starsystem, whose name I forget.

I have been checking there often and they don't seem to resupply ships for sale there.  It's been something like 6 months of in-game time and no new ships.

I noticed something else strange, while frequenting Plex Starsystem looking those frigates.  When I buy up all the fuel there, and hit escape to exit back to the station menu, 250 fuel appears in their stock again.  I can keep repeating this for as much fuel as I want.  Is it supposed to do that, or am I encountering a bug?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3020 on: October 25, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »

Well, you can forget about that as Ironclads you have now will die once i start updating the mod.

Almost everything that we have now in the mod is obsolete with new economy system present in 0.65a update.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: October 25, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »

@Okim:
I realize that.  However, I have an embarrassing amount of time and energy invested in my current campaign, so I am not all that anxious to start over, haha.
I guess I need to get used to the idea.  I'll probably try out the new Vanilla game, as well.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to do any balancing of ships, weapons, or hull mods with the update?
I've spent tons of time testing out different load-outs.  Certain weapons are, I would say, about twice as good as anything else you could put in that slot.
I don't want to suggest that my favorite guns get 'nerfed', but I think others could be brought more in line.

Also, and I think this might be a Starsector issue more than Ironclads, I feel like fighters and bombers are too good compared to frigates.
I fly an ISA fleet and there's no point fielding a frigate unless I feel like flying it myself.  Fighters and bombers are just plain better, and FAR less trouble to deal with.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: October 26, 2014, 03:34:41 AM »

i agree. i currently use 2 cruisers, a carrier and as many fighter and bomber wings as i can have with losing too much cr.
i have a isa fleet as well.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: October 26, 2014, 04:05:12 AM »

It might be an 'issue' with ISA fighters specifically, if it's really an issue.  I know ISA is meant to have the best fighter squads.

The ISA Heavy Fighter Wings (the ones with 3 ships, 2 Auto Blasters each, and shields) completely wreck other fighter squads, and I've watched a single fighter wing kill frigates without taking any losses.  Even if they did take losses they'd be replenished by a carrier, whereas the frigate they killed is just dead.
Plus, fighters have the advantage of being effectively immune to friendly fire and collisions.  They never get in the way, like frigates do.

That said, maybe frigates are just early game ships.  Once you can field a carrier, fighters are the way to go and it's working as intended, i don't know.

The ISA Heavy Fighter wings don't appear in the Simulator so I can't test them against a variety of frigates in a more controlled environment.

As for frigates, the Order-Class frigate is absolutely a beast with a good setup.  It's a really fun ship, but they can die when the AI flies them, unlike fighter squads with carrier support.
After flying the Order for a bit, my beloved Kentucky-Class Cruiser seems so sluggish.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: October 26, 2014, 05:11:27 AM »

The ISA generally have the best fighters, as the main battle ships of the ISA themselves lack any sort of armor.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: October 26, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »

Additionally, frigates typically have higher burn than the carriers that carry the fighters... I'm not certain that applies as much in Ironclads as it does in vanilla as I'm not that familiar with ISA fleets, but I believe so.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3026 on: October 27, 2014, 06:39:14 AM »

Ok, guys. My Lords Of The Stars events have passed and I can now focus my attention on Ironclads. I must confess that I forgot almost everything code-based that I once created for the mod, so I have no desire to 'mod the mod' in order to update it to 0.65a features. This means that I`ll start from a scratch with nothing except for the basics taken from the current version (ships, guns, variants, major factions and overall map composition).

The goal for now is to set up the economy system as it is now in vanilla game. I`ll start from adding all RSF, Marauders and Crimson Skulls pirate systems one by one with all the basic market conditions scattered between systems and see how it works. Probably I`ll stick for the vanilla trade goods for now, but this doesn`t mean that I wont add back the original goods from current Ironclads.

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: October 27, 2014, 08:10:03 AM »

I don't envy you, good luck and god speed!

PerfectDeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »

Ok, guys. My Lords Of The Stars events have passed and I can now focus my attention on Ironclads. I must confess that I forgot almost everything code-based that I once created for the mod, so I have no desire to 'mod the mod' in order to update it to 0.65a features. This means that I`ll start from a scratch with nothing except for the basics taken from the current version (ships, guns, variants, major factions and overall map composition).

The goal for now is to set up the economy system as it is now in vanilla game. I`ll start from adding all RSF, Marauders and Crimson Skulls pirate systems one by one with all the basic market conditions scattered between systems and see how it works. Probably I`ll stick for the vanilla trade goods for now, but this doesn`t mean that I wont add back the original goods from current Ironclads.

Godspeed! =]

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

Looking forward to it!
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 281