Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1644664 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC, version 7 with hotfix (0.6.2a)
« Reply #2595 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:12 AM »

Black Widows` Widowmaker

Redwood Corsairs` Burglar

Blood Skulls` Skull Crusher

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »

Awesome. I quite like the look of the Burglar.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: April 22, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »

Can't wait to play with these new ships! I love all the small details.

gamewarlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: April 22, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »

Hi is it possible to get a mothership? I have been trying for days to get it but it doesn't seem possible ,or are there some secret recriminations? thanks for any help about is!

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: April 22, 2014, 09:42:41 PM »

Hi is it possible to get a mothership? I have been trying for days to get it but it doesn't seem possible ,or are there some secret recriminations? thanks for any help about is!
You can not capture AI or Alien ships.

gamewarlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »

You can not capture AI or Alien ships.

Why is that?  its a good end game goal ,to put all those hours in getting a op fleet is fun ,it not going to hurt the game at all.
By the time you get to that point you'll all ready powerful and its good reward for all that hard work.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: April 22, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »

Well in the case of an AI ship it would probably just be an entirety of cords and power lines, redundant systems, and small maintenance shafts big enough for maintenance drones to travel through and do their work, maybe a large central core region. As for an alien ship, I have no opinions other than "I have failed my people, commit self destruct." or something along those lines.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2602 on: April 22, 2014, 11:11:15 PM »

Yep, exactly what Piemanlives said. AI can`t be 'captured' and just blows up into piles of high-tech garbage which you can salvage.

Aliens self destruct on intention. 'No way anyone will get our hyper advanced techs' they say when manually overload their whatever-powercores. To bad for the them that they don`t realise that even a single chunk of their advanced ships provide much insight for human scientists.

gamewarlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: April 22, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »

ok i understand. T^T

so moving on has there been any thought about making a Dreadnought for the 4 main factions?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2604 on: April 22, 2014, 11:51:52 PM »

Nope. There is currently only 2 DNs in the mod. One is only present in the mission and the other is an alien Mothership which is not faction-related.

I kinda fail to see any proper role for such a huge ship. XLE and UIN aren`t fighting any wars and ISA has no use for large ships - they can pretty well fight with their fighter wings and current battleship. RSF had such ships, but managed to loose them all lore-wise realising their mistakes. These days they prefer to concentrate their military firepower on Novgorods and Kursks.

Aliens` mothership is a unique case as it fits pretty well the role that it has - a mobile base of operations and somewhat of an 'End Boss'.

It also is just too difficult to balance such ships.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:54:21 PM by Okim »

gamewarlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: April 23, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »

ok

Can you give the teleport spamming aliens a say 5 second cool down before they can use it again ?         

predicted answer is NO

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: April 23, 2014, 12:49:45 AM »

ok

Can you give the teleport spamming aliens a say 5 second cool down before they can use it again ?         

predicted answer is NO
Yeah, they're meant to be OP.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: April 23, 2014, 01:01:19 AM »

predicted answer is NO
You're probably right, but there are good reasons for him not to take most suggestions. I'm sure Okim has spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours creating Ironclads and thinking about how to make it as good as possible, so if he thinks something should be a certain way, he probably has very good reasons.

That's not to say modders and game developers don't welcome suggestions, but there's no justification for being bitter about it when they refuse to take them. I know you're probably not actually bitter, but statements like 'predicted answer is NO' tend to give that impression.

gamewarlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: April 23, 2014, 01:31:49 AM »

predicted answer is NO
You're probably right, but there are good reasons for him not to take most suggestions. I'm sure Okim has spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours creating Ironclads and thinking about how to make it as good as possible, so if he thinks something should be a certain way, he probably has very good reasons.

That's not to say modders and game developers don't welcome suggestions, but there's no justification for being bitter about it when they refuse to take them. I know you're probably not actually bitter, but statements like 'predicted answer is NO' tend to give that impression.

I apologize that was not my intent.

I'm sorry, but those damn things are soooo frustrating to kill!! I will be happy if it's 2 or 1 second delay.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2609 on: April 23, 2014, 02:32:41 AM »

Yeah, the answer is no. And the reason is simple - i don`t know how. There is probably a way to do that by increasing flux cost for it, but i haven`t looked into it.

And trust me - i hate them myself...

EDITED: looked into it, found that you can specify cooldown. Set to 1 second. Thanks for bringing this up.

You can manually do that in shipsystems.csv for phase teleporter.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:39:05 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 281