Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1643373 times)

eizen0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.3 (0.6.2a)
« Reply #2415 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:15 AM »

So is there a reason that the Xiao Lung Navy option doesn't star you off with a combat ship AND a shuttle like the other 3 factions? Or is this a bug?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2416 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:02 AM »

Bug. Easily fixed - open CharacterGenerationPlugin (scripts/plugins), find there 'else if (response == NOOB)' and remove extra '3' from 'if (factionpick == 33)'.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2417 on: January 27, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »

I`ll be releasing a new update today. While its being prepared and tested i`d like to post a changelog here:

1. Max1045 scouped the description, tips and some other texts fixing quite a bunch of errors and typos
2. As a reward for his work Max gets a new neutral system named after him (Van Raden) with either a wrecked station or abandoned station in it
3. adjusted all missions` asteroid field sizes and density (significantly reducing asteroid hazard) as well as heights (maps now have more space for ships to jump in)
4. updated some fleet encounter scripts to match changes of 0.6.2a
5. added a new 'civilian-grade' weapon for XLE that replaces Streamguns on all their 'civilian' ships. Its an auto-fire weapon that is slightly better that 42mm advanced autocannon
6. removed Serpent from XLE civilian ships list making it unavailable for player until he joins XLE military (pirates and XLE fleets still use Serpents!)
7. fixed bug with XLE Navy starting option not properly providing a player with a military ship
8. fixed a bug with neutral faction not getting hostile after attacking its fleets
9. reduced mass of all frigates (this will force them to avoid asteroids)
10. added phasing cloaks to all AI ships, added AI ships to simulator

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: January 27, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »

I`ll be releasing a new update today. While its being prepared and tested i`d like to post a changelog here:

1. Max1045 scouped the description, tips and some other texts fixing quite a bunch of errors and typos
2. As a reward for his work Max gets a new neutral system named after him (Van Raden) with either a wrecked station or abandoned station in it
3. adjusted all missions` asteroid field sizes and density (significantly reducing asteroid hazard) as well as heights (maps now have more space for ships to jump in)
4. updated some fleet encounter scripts to match changes of 0.6.2a
5. added a new 'civilian-grade' weapon for XLE that replaces Streamguns on all their 'civilian' ships. Its an auto-fire weapon that is slightly better that 42mm advanced autocannon
6. removed Serpent from XLE civilian ships list making it unavailable for player until he joins XLE military (pirates and XLE fleets still use Serpents!)
7. fixed bug with XLE Navy starting option not properly providing a player with a military ship
8. fixed a bug with neutral faction not getting hostile after attacking its fleets
9. reduced mass of all frigates (this will force them to avoid asteroids)
10. added phasing cloaks to all AI ships, added AI ships to simulator

Damn. Dealing with the AI just became challenging.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2419 on: January 27, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

You asked for it (not you specifically) - you got it :)

They`ve got some unusuall phasing glow sprites that are using their armour shape as glowing parts. Looks nice and alienish somewhat.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.4 (0.6.2a)
« Reply #2420 on: January 27, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »

Updated Ironclads to 6.6.4.

Here is an archive: ironclads6.6.4.rar.

There might be bugs in campaign - i haven`t tested it much. If there are any - please report them here.

NOTE: no new content except for XLE medium ballistic weapon and phasing cloaks for AI.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.4 (0.6.2a)
« Reply #2421 on: January 27, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »

Found a major, but relatively hidden bug. Scripts didn`t update to the 0.6.2 in full capacity resulting in missing loot, statistics and other major fleet-size influenced stuff.

Hotfix is here: http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/jar.rar

Unpack it into mod`s folder overwriting the existing JAR folder in it...

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.4.1 (0.6.2a)
« Reply #2422 on: January 27, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »

With the AI update (which is great btw), is the Kerch also going to change (Phase Cloak instead of 360 shield)?

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: January 27, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »

Wow i go to work and come back to this.... :o... now i actually want a snow day :-\.

I found... not in the new update but previous version that attacking your own factions fleet and any other does not change diplomacy and make them enemies to you. Only diplomacy that seems active is whether you in RSF or ISA and that static in my game.

I asked for more challenging AI..... and i'm so glad OKIM delivered. 2 thumbs... 2 toes up  ;D.

And i second toxcity's suggestion. While i rather like the way the Kerch is currently... for lore and logic sake, it should phase.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2424 on: January 27, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »

It wont. RSF got better reactors from AI techs and they put these to fix what they believe to be their major weakness - front shields and low flux.

XLE ship will get cloaks...

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: January 28, 2014, 01:36:40 AM »

Still planning on having this mod take the backburner for a while?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2426 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:25 AM »

I`ll slowly put XLE and UIN prototype ships into the mod, but surely there wont be new major content like station construction/upgrades or capture until Sector gets its mining/trading and other stuff.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:16 AM »

Sounds good. Makes more sense to form a really solid base (ships, weapons, etc) that won't be broken by the games progress anyway. If you want me to write anything for it, or revise something you've written, just shoot me a PM.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2428 on: January 29, 2014, 08:14:14 AM »

XLE Salamander-class Prototype Phase Drone Carrier.

Drone pods are on the tail. Phase generators are on the wings (those silver tubing and vents) and are going to glow bright green-yellow. Six antennas on the frontal wings are transponders for drone controllers.

Drones will be armed with either beamers or microlasers - a haven`t decided yet. Their function is going to be defensive - since salamander has no small mounts and lacks flares - these drones will be very handy.

Salamander has two med missile hardpoints on the prow, two med energy turrets on the wings, one large energy 360deg turret in the middle and one back-facing energy med turret right behing the large gun.

That`s a pretty deadly ship and is worth befriending XLE military.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2429 on: January 29, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »

Salamander in game.

Drones are armed with beamers. There are 6 of them forming a 'delta' formation in front of the ship (rear part is protected by microlaser array). 6 more drones are housed in drone bays for quick replacement.

Main guns are Ion-Pulse Cannon (which is a much more powerful than the one used in 6.6.4), a pair of Magna Cannons and Charged Rocket Launchers. As i already said - the rear arc is protected by Microlaser Array.

Best tactics so far is to head-attack frigates and desroyers and orbit anything that is larger and slower. Drones can be set to roam, but at a limited range. Loosing drones is fatal against any missile/fighter heavy fleet.

Salamander under my control managed to kill Kentucky cruiser one on one. Good speed allowed me to stay away from its guns, while large gun coverage provided an ability to fire Ion-Pulse Cannon at any direction.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:56:10 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 281