Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1644508 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.2 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2250 on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:29 AM »

Does it really matter what`s left in there? ;)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 11, 2013, 06:19:07 AM »

In the new update the Burlack towing ship doesn't have the Tow Cable mod.

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 11, 2013, 06:39:26 AM »

If it gives you 20 Aptitude Points at game start or otherwise breaks the game in more subtle ways, yeah. Just figured I'd give you a little heads-up that there might be more leftover stuff in there.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 11, 2013, 07:22:28 AM »

Pretty sure ship_data.csv in hulls is a necessary file for any mod that adds ships or modifies existing ships' stats.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 11, 2013, 07:52:25 AM »

If you have a 32 system - i can`t help you.

If you have 64 system - than you need to download and install this on your PC: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre6-downloads-1637595.html Pick the last one download (Windows x64)

After the installation go to the folder where you installed it (by default its program files/java) and find there a JRE folder. Copy it.

Go to Starsector folder and find there the same JRE folder. Rename it to something like JRE-32 (mostly to make it a back up). Paste JRE that you copied earlier.

Then edit vmparams and set first 512 to 1024 and second 512 to 2048 (in case you have previously modified those to 1024 and 1024 replace the second 1024 with 2048).

This should allow your saves to load.
If you're 32bit, you can change vmparams still and lower the min-max memory usage to 512-512 so that the game won't gladly eat up so much memory by loading big saves or mods (or often times, both)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2255 on: November 11, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »

Put at the end of the file these strings (including ','):

"builtInMods":["tow_cable"],

And blame Trylobot for not supporting builtinmods ;)

P.S.: don`t put the last sentence into the file...

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:56:23 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2256 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »

If it gives you 20 Aptitude Points at game start or otherwise breaks the game in more subtle ways, yeah. Just figured I'd give you a little heads-up that there might be more leftover stuff in there.

This file surely not gives you any Aptitude points. The player generation plugin did that, but in current dev its fixed. That csv i`m using to quickly get a reference to what is where (my Russian Excel does not support csv files with ',' as separators due to ',' being a main devider to floating values here and uses ';' instead, so that`s why there is a converted file to achieve what i need).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2257 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:24 AM »

If you have a 32 system - i can`t help you.

If you have 64 system - than you need to download and install this on your PC: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre6-downloads-1637595.html Pick the last one download (Windows x64)

After the installation go to the folder where you installed it (by default its program files/java) and find there a JRE folder. Copy it.

Go to Starsector folder and find there the same JRE folder. Rename it to something like JRE-32 (mostly to make it a back up). Paste JRE that you copied earlier.

Then edit vmparams and set first 512 to 1024 and second 512 to 2048 (in case you have previously modified those to 1024 and 1024 replace the second 1024 with 2048).

This should allow your saves to load.
If you're 32bit, you can change vmparams still and lower the min-max memory usage to 512-512 so that the game won't gladly eat up so much memory by loading big saves or mods (or often times, both)

Wait a second. This will work with Ironclads and allow the game to load its huge saves? Hm... Nope, it wont...

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »

Put at the end of the file these strings (including ','):

"builtInMods":["tow_cable"],

And blame Trylobot for not supporting builtinmods ;)

P.S.: don`t put the last sentence into the file...

Thanks for the fix.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 11, 2013, 10:22:06 AM »

The Journal link to "Ship Conversions" links to the Mining entry.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2260 on: November 11, 2013, 11:30:44 AM »

Thanks.

There are another issues with the journal i`m aware of. For example - depot and storage stations list are bugged, systems not showing both depots and storage stations, some missing "(" and other symbols in texts and lists etc. Just telling that i know some problems exist with this new feature.

BTW, how do you find the Journal? Was it worth the effort? What it needs?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »

I noticed when joining the RSF military that the list of rules stated to not allow attacking "RSF ISA civilians." Is that a typo or are RSF military players not supposed to be stalking the ISA convoys around for supplies and fuel? ;D

There was something I thought might be nice in the journal, but I can't remember it now. Must not've been very important. Otherwise, the journal is pretty spiffy.

The issue is that Java runs out of available memory space trying to load the save, so halving the available memory only aggravates it. In my case, the saves were right on the edge of playable in the last version; if I'd been playing more than around half an hour I'd have to restart the game or the memory leaks would be enough to prevent the save from loading. With the addition of three star systems and the journal it seems to have pushed above that point and now loading becoming impossible is a matter of time.

Again, I'm unsure why Java can't use 2GB of RAM on a 32bit system like everything else, but I'm sure that comes down to me not knowing anything about Java besides that most games written in it (lookin' at you, Minecraft) are much more resource hungry than other equivalents but also seem much easier to mod/interact with the code without specific developer programming.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2262 on: November 11, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »

I kinda feel sorry for making something that kills the joy of some people just by being too huge  :(

Camael

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 11, 2013, 11:47:26 AM »

Awesome... uh.. but... scrambler device still does nothing about relationship hits.  Would be reaaaally awesome if it did. You know... convoy raiding in friendly systems and stuff... sooo... pwetty pwease? Fix it, yes?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2264 on: November 11, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »

That`s odd. It worked in my case against allies. Probably something somewhere is not properly triggered. Will look at it.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 281