Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1644659 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.1 (0.51a NO campaign)
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 04:10:22 AM »

They are constantly respawned.

And they are just plain deadly. Even a single frigate can be a serious threat to destroyers.

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »

Dont make the aliens despawn just have them suicide into large fleets--it will be annoying to hunt after that bastard alien MS that got away and having it despawn on you.
I was playing an older version of this mod that somehow worked in the campaign and managed to capture a MS - the enemy fleet didn't have enough DP to get it out b/f the end of the battle ;D. The only problem with choosing weapons for it is finding ones that have enough range to be useful -although I find putting tachyon lances in the large slots works quite well  ;).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »

Yes, it needs some careful planning.

Aliens will get some more love after i launch the campaign. They will get a destroyer-carrier, a drone wing, new pulse, blast and beam weapons and some missiles. Also Mothership will be redrawn from scratch.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »

Version 2.2 is avaiable:

1. campaign is once again up and running. It has a new system called Barbard`s Star with RSF colony, orbital base and small ISA outpost in outer space. Both factions have convoys that carry lots of guns and supplies. Aliens appear ocasionaly and raid the system. Whenever an alien fleet appears in the system - you get a notification.
2. added freighter to ISA and tanker to RSF.
3. some minor changes to weapons and ships.
4. Clean mod install is necessary to use it properly!

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 2.2 (0.51a with campaign)
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:03 PM »

The new version of the mod crashes, apparently just before the main screen would open.

18262 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.corvus.Corvus]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:205)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:157)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java, Line 37, Column 27: Redefinition of local variable "token"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9014)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2228)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$3700(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$7.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:2141)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:1771)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2144)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2105)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:1946)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:789)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:464)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:357)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:312)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:319)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:288)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:203)
   ... 5 more

I used no other mods and haven't messed around with the files in the core game.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:41 AM »

I hope that i didn`t miss the new version of the game after 0.51a? :)

Found the problem. Its a last-time addition of various spawn points. Didn`t test it befor uploading. My bad.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:12:52 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2012, 01:21:21 AM »

Put this file http://okim.nickersonm.com/SF/Corvus.java into data/scripts/world/corvus folder.

Also make sure that you have a clean install of the mod. Other versions have some core files that may cause further problems.

P.S.: archive is now fixed.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2012, 05:11:08 AM »

Cool, works now! And your mod definitely has a pretty different tone to it - being outnumbered seems to be a lot more brutal than it is in the base game, although compensated by how the different ship sizes are also radically more diverse in terms of combat power than those of the base game.

For future releases, would it be possible to randomise which faction the player starts friendly to? Only being able to play on the side of the RSF is a bit limiting, after all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2012, 06:14:24 AM »

This still isint compatible with the other, campaign mods, or is it?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2012, 06:25:43 AM »

Yeah, once i`ll get a new pirate faction - only they will be your enemies. This will give you an ability to chose your enemies once you`ve done with the pirates and aliens. (BTW, i can`t destroy the alien mothership. With its plasma cannons and torps my capitols can`t get close enough to make a blow. And fighters while being a very effective anti-shield measure - are easily destroyed by various beam weapons).

Can`t say for sure about compatibility. This mod is intended to be a stand-alone mod - most of the ships and weapons are less powerful than in vanilla. Besides, it uses a modified Corvus file, so its probably incompatible with the others.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2012, 08:15:05 AM »

Now that i think of it, the way this mod looks alot like this mod for Sins of the Solar Empire:

http://www.dawnofvictory.com/

Maybe this will help u out making the mod since the actual background would work on Star Farer

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it seems to me that the RSF station at least doesn't seem to get new ships added to its selection. Certainly I haven't seen a single new destroyer or cruiser class appear on the station. (Which was unfortunate since I lost my only carrier and had to fight my way through the ISA to buy a carrier from them.) Also, apparently, no capital ships at all available for purchase.

I'm not sure if this is as intended, though - maybe the intention is simply to make the player capture what they need? (Speaking of which, I captured an alien frigate, and while it definitely has its downsides - chiefly its fragility if overloaded and the length of time its flux vent takes - it's a ***-powerful craft!)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »

One successful burst from twin alien lasers bring even an armored RSF destroyer on its knees :)

Currently cruiser is the largest available ship to ISA and RSF. There will be another energy-based cruiser for RSF and probably a new cruiser for ISA specializing in heavy weapons. Not sure how battleships will look like, but i`ll eventually remodel the RSF dreadnaught some day :)

About ships and supplies. IIRC there is a slight chance for a ship to appear in cargo manifest of supply fleets. I saw multiple fighters and some destroyers appear. It is most noticable with ship types that have several classes (RSF frigates with its 4 variations).

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »

Hey i was wondering if its possible to make a new star system so I could add this awsome mod to my Minimash. This is more of a overhaul then a normal mod XD.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

Well, IIRC currently there is only one star system in the game.

In any case combining Ironclads with any other mod will be problematic as ships and weapons are balanced within the mod and are performing quite poor against original ships.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 281