Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Maneuvering Jets problem  (Read 1649 times)

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
Maneuvering Jets problem
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »

Alex, I think I might have found a bug: If your Maneuvering Jet engines are disabled, your turning seems to be impeded/lopsided even after your Maneuvering Jets are deactivated.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Maneuvering Jets problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »

Or it may just be the rapid change in maneuverability that is tricking you :)

Also: What is the deal with this topic? First it was in Announcements, and now its a sticky bug?

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 02:28:12 AM »

Or it may just be the rapid change in maneuverability that is tricking you :)
No, I'm pretty sure it isn't. Fire up a Falcon and pit it against a Mule. Hold fire. Turn the Falcon around, and as the Salamander missile is coming, turn on Jets. Let it hit a Jet (and only a jet) and then wait until Jets turn off. Don't move in the meanwhile

Your Falcon should be very sluggish on turning and/or it should be turning on it's own, even with only the main engines on. I just tested it. And I'm pretty sure it's not just me.

Also: What is the deal with this topic? First it was in Announcements, and now its a sticky bug?
It was originally in the announcement thread for 53.1a because I thought it was okay, but Archduke Astro didn't think so. So he moved it here. For some reason, that left a spare thread there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:30:53 AM by Tarran »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:20:24 AM »

Thanks for the report, good catch there :) Appreciate the detailed instructions to reproduce, too. Looks like it wasn't taking into account whether the disabled engines are "active" or not when determining their contribution to heading drift - fixed.