Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How do you feel games, and by extension, gamers are treated in the public eye?

Persecuted
- 1 (2.6%)
Frowned Upon
- 21 (53.8%)
Indifferent/Neutral
- 16 (41%)
Regarded Fondly
- 0 (0%)
Celebrated
- 1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Public Perception of Videogames  (Read 15414 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Public Perception of Videogames
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »

Actually, no, i haven't noticed. All things destroyed would bring equal joy to me. Actually, punching people for me is less fun than watching an entire building get destroyed (provided they do it good)

Rowanas

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 02:18:54 AM »

Well, fair enough. Most people, when angry, would rather smash something than watch something get smashed.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »

In the absence of hunting our own food, killing buffalo with a rock or warring with another local tribe, we're going crazy. It's part of the reason why psychological disorders are so common in the West, when Kenyan tribesmen are doing just fine.
What about people who develop psychological disorders because of violence? And who's got the right to say that the Kenyans don't get upset when someone is killed, or when they kill?
They're not exactly fine if they're killing one another....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:17:02 PM by GUNINANRUNIN »
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

The guy who voted celebrated lives in Korea

Rowanas

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »

In the absence of hunting our own food, killing buffalo with a rock or warring with another local tribe, we're going crazy. It's part of the reason why psychological disorders are so common in the West, when Kenyan tribesmen are doing just fine.
What about people who develop psychological disorders because of violence? And who's got the right to say that the Kenyans don't get upset when someone is killed, or when they kill?

Of course not. I imagine that most of them have compunctions about killing people and would rather not, but the simple fact is that they're just not suffering the sort of psychological pressures that life presents without a decent outlet.

As for people that go psycho because of violence, again, some people do, that's not really an issue. Not everyone is well balanced, or a perfect example. The 1st world/3rd world psychological affliction divide is clearly documented.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »

Of course not. I imagine that most of them have compunctions about killing people and would rather not, but the simple fact is that they're just not suffering the sort of psychological pressures that life presents without a decent outlet.

As for people that go psycho because of violence, again, some people do, that's not really an issue. Not everyone is well balanced, or a perfect example. The 1st world/3rd world psychological affliction divide is clearly documented.
I see. Thank you for clarifying.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.
Pages: 1 [2]