Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420853 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)
« Reply #1065 on: July 11, 2014, 08:27:08 AM »

Don't remember. I used the file search function in Notepad++, to find "Credits" or "Wages" or something like that.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 14, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »

Never mind just increased the price of germanium and tech
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 15, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »

Tried to modify the skilldata.java and it had no effect. I also compiled it and placed it in the vacuum jar, also no effect. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I also use this modified batch file, and run it through the starsector-core;

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms512m -Xmx8g -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=mods -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher

Not sure if that would do anything, as I can modify the exerelin files and everything is just fine. There's something I'm missing.

Anyone?,....... helooooooo?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:03:27 PM by dogamusprime »

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 21, 2014, 02:11:52 PM »

I'd like to comment: great mod!  Had a lot of fun using a frigate fleet to mine asteroids and run around.  I did find a few bugs though:

1) Tow Cables don't work
2) Crash to desktop bug: Sometimes, deleting a user-made ship variant will cause the game to crash immediately.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 21, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »

@enigma74
I can confirm both of these.
The variant bug seems to require that you have a ship based on that variant. I am unsure as to whether or not it is a bug in vanilla.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 22, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

Hey all, sorry for the lack of responses, went on vacation :)  The Boss mechanics are largely done; "just" need to finish working on ship integration and weapons and all that, and I can push out a new release :)

@Medikohl:  Awesome!  I love those Punk Junkers :)

Tried to modify the skilldata.java and it had no effect. I also compiled it and placed it in the vacuum jar, also no effect. What am I doing wrong?
Not sure; the XMS changes shouldn't be necessary, though; currently Vacuum doesn't need any memory changes.  What do you see as the crash report in the log?  That, and what are you changing, so that I can try and replicate here?

Crash to desktop bug: Sometimes, deleting a user-made ship variant will cause the game to crash immediately.
Vanilla bug, will be fixed in the next build of Starsector.  IIRC there is a thread describing how to replicate (i.e., what not to do), will try and hunt down a link for it later on :)

Still hunting for the location
If you want to change the cost for Crew... that's handled in scripts/world/systems/UniversalSpawnPoint.java, in the payDay() function.  I'll probably lower the weekly costs a bit for the Easy level of play, and raise it slightly for Hard. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:26:38 AM by xenoargh »
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 22, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

i raised the price of germanium a bit so i could get better ships early on. it took a while to find the setting.
its helpful though

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:13 PM »

For the next build, besides the Boss mechanics, I wanted to finally getting around to do something with the shader stuff.  Working on making the ships look pseudo-3D here.  After a lot of messing about with it, I think it's starting to shape up; this isn't final quality but it's getting there. 

What do you folks think?  It took quite a bit of work to get to this stage, but I think it adds a bit to the graphical experience, by making things feel 3D.  Now that I've got it this far and have a pretty good grasp on the tools and techniques I think I'll need, I think I can make it work pretty well and give the mod a pretty unique look.

Xeno's Mod Pack

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »

I have to admit, the way 3D is done in this instance is not quite as aesthetically pleasing as it could be. You know it just doesn't look 'right'?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 01, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »

Yeah, there are a lot of little issues with it. 

Some of it's just the state of what I've done thus far; for example, I probably need to re-do the normalmap for the Annihilator again, it's proven pretty difficult to get that one right and the lighting still feels crummy.  I just did the Crusher with the same method I used on the Swimmer, and it came out much better.

Some of it's just inherent to making things that are, in actuality, flat, feel 3D; there are uncanny-valley issues when apparent heights and all that don't work out.  Like with the shot of the Eagle; there the Thumpers / Chainguns feel a lot "taller" than the Eagle and the other turrets, which isn't ideal; it's an issue that can't really be avoided entirely, though. 

Other than weapon heights, most of it would be cure-able if I was starting over again and working with 3D models from the start, because that's pretty much the only way to do this properly.  But the time investment is a no-go; I had a hard enough time digging up the time for this mini-project.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »

After testing and doing further revisions, I think that this tech, while interesting, is a poor fit.  I got it working better, but I'm still not very happy with the final results; the way it works is pretty limiting and I can't quite get the look I want.  No fault of DR's; it works basically like it's supposed to; unfortunately, it just doesn't do what I need it to do, and I don't think it can without significantly more access to the drawing process inside SS.

Anyhow, I'll try to find time for other shader-related stuff when I can, after I get this release done :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 20, 2014, 12:41:56 PM »

Hey there, back again with a bug report.

I was trying to take over an enemy station with my combat character in a lone Conquest, and I was hacking away at the larger 'city' stations (not the Jeans, I forget what the citylike ones are called) and the game CTD'd.

I checked the log and this was the error:

Code
771719 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.weapons.ai.StandardPDAI.advance(StandardPDAI.java:296)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Not sure what caused it, only other time it crashed like this was when I was fighting a techmining fleet while grinding blueprints.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 21, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »

Sorry about that bug and the late response; IRL has been... busy for the last couple of months.

I'll try and push out a release sometime; perhaps over the next week or so, and will hunt that bug down.  Probably a simple issue in the AI related to the optimization stuff I did the last few builds.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Noxxys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »

Hi. So I tried this mod with easy difficulty. I have a destroyer, and the first fight with pirates (a few frigates and fighter) is a dead-end. The frigate can't kill me and I can't kill the frigate. After 20 minutes of fight I gave  up. It seems that both of our hulls are regenerating and the weapons don't enough damage to hurt them significantly. What's going on there?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 23, 2014, 06:13:00 AM »

If your opponent has Regenerating Armor, you're going to need to wear it down, which works differently than vs. traditional armor.  Alpha strike weapons work better for that job, as they're capable of killing enough armor sections to prevent the regeneration from occurring quickly enough to fix up the armor.  Basically, it's not a dead-end, you just need to use the right tools for the job. 

That, and take full advantage of the money you get with an easy start; you have enough to buy decent loadouts or purchase a third vessel to assist, or both.
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75