Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 418448 times)

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 33) (TC Mod)
« Reply #975 on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:01 PM »

You didn't repair the CR at the Station before leaving?

And I presume we're talking build 33 here?

If so, can you package up the save-game and post it here?
I can't repair the CR, it says my ships aren't in need of repair and yes, this is build 33. As for my save, Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5951gw9sw4ui8qb/save_Chris_355222499531913480.rar. I hope it is the right file, I assume it is.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 22, 2014, 09:05:17 PM »

Will take a look at this :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 22, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

Your Annihilator's Mothballed, so it's not getting repaired :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 22, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »

Your Annihilator's Mothballed, so it's not getting repaired :)
Oh man, I feel so stupid! I completely forgot i had it mothballed when I went to repair it! *facepalm* Well, it worked, so thank you very much for your time. :) Also, been playing your mod for a bit and I must say, I am LOVING it! This is easily my new favorite! :D

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »

NP, glad you're having fun terrorizing the universe with the Glaug, hehe :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »

NP, glad you're having fun terrorizing the universe with the Glaug, hehe :)
I, myself, enjoy terrorizing universes. The Glaug make it more interesting and fun. :)

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 22, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »

BTW, although I did find a bug along the way*, this is why you buy Boarding Teleporters and Marines. 

I took your savegame, where you'd finally bought that Annihilator to go along with the Haunter and Collector, and I equipped it to be able to capture stuff it killed.

One Bounty mission later, look at my haul:

*don't use Boarding Teleporters with < 5 Marines or your ships will get screwed up.  Will fix that bug immediately.
Xeno's Mod Pack

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 22, 2014, 10:12:34 PM »

One Bounty mission later, look at my haul:

Holy! I never figured out how to use the Boarding Teleporters to my advantage. However, I did plan on using them and now I definitely intend to! o.O

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 22, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »

Might want to wait for build 34; that bug doesn't permanently screw up ships, but it does prevent them from working right until you've either reset the weapons or have saved, exited and reloaded.

Anyhow, I've tested out the idea of making Armor Regeneration have a finite pool of hitpoints it can restore that, once depleted, can no longer be regenerated quickly (i.e., making it possible to kill Glaug even with cruddy Frigates... eventually).  I need to test it a bit more, but I think it'll work.  If so, new build time.
Xeno's Mod Pack

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 22, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »

Anyhow, I've tested out the idea of making Armor Regeneration have a finite pool of hitpoints it can restore that, once depleted, can no longer be regenerated quickly (i.e., making it possible to kill Glaug even with cruddy Frigates... eventually).  I need to test it a bit more, but I think it'll work.  If so, new build time.
Aww, there goes my plans for a massive invulnerable Glaug fleet. xD But seriously, looking forward to future releases and new things. :)

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
ALPHA Build 34 Released!
« Reply #985 on: June 22, 2014, 10:41:33 PM »

Alpha build 34 is now available.  Should not require a restart.

Fixes:

1.  Big bug with Boarding Teleporters.
2.  Big (very old) bug with Hardened Electronics; it actually does what it says on the tin now.  Please let me know if it + Resistant Conduits is a problem.

Changes:

1.  Armor Regeneration eventually "wears out" after taking a lot of damage, instead of being permanent invulnerability under some circumstances.  This will allow low-DPS ships, like ships armed with Tac Lasers without Energy Pump, to eventually defeat ships with Armor Regeneration. 

Note that I'm saying "eventually", not "quickly"; if you're not equipping correctly to fight Glaug, it's still on you if it takes all day.  Really should make a LP at some point; nobody should be reporting battles that "take 20 minutes" if they're playing remotely correctly  ;)

Please let me know if this change needs buff / nerf; looks OK over here.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:46:04 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: ALPHA Build 34 Released!
« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2014, 03:14:23 AM »

I realize how much work goes into this mod, and I can only IMAGINE how difficult it is to keep updated. I do want to ask though, do you plan on adding more ships for the already existing factions and/or more factions? If you are planning to add ships to already existing factions, can I request an assault-style capital ship for the Glaug?

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)
« Reply #987 on: June 23, 2014, 04:33:02 AM »

Where are crash logs kept? I had a crash while in the middle of battle after updating to the new release. Not entirely sure what caused it, but I can only assume it had to do with the only mod I had installed. xD

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 23, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »

Where are crash logs kept?

If you browse to the Starsector directory -> starsector-core -> you should see at least one starsector.log file

The crash events should be among the very last entries in that file.

Richy.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »

do you plan on adding more ships for the already existing factions and/or more factions?
Yes, I definitely do!  The Glaug have been pretty slow to get new ships, because those are originals by me, rather than kitbashes, but I was going to do an assault carrier in the Cruiser / Destroyer range (they desperately need a small carrier) this week, using some new methods I'm looking at for doing original ship art. 

Anyhow, I can't promise you anything, but if the carrier experiment works out, I may very well do several new Glaug ships; what I'm going to try should shorten the production time a bit. 

So, when you say "assault-style capital" what do you mean?  Speed over durability?

Where are crash logs kept? I had a crash while in the middle of battle after updating to the new release. Not entirely sure what caused it, but I can only assume it had to do with the only mod I had installed. xD
Please let me know what you find- just copy-pasta the last bits of the log. 

If the bug is with the Target Pip mod... yeah, it's buggy with Vacuum atm, dunno whether I'll fix it or not, but probably.  I haven't ever tested with stuff like Omnifactory, tbh; I suspect it'd break five ways from Sunday, lol.
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75