Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420546 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 17) (TC Mod)
« Reply #735 on: May 06, 2014, 05:03:31 PM »

That is technically not a bug, but I need to adjust where they're going better.

Got the other bugs fixed, checking out the Monitor to make sure it's OK here now.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 18) (TC Mod)
« Reply #736 on: May 06, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »

Build 18 is now available.  Thanks for all of the quick bug-hunting, everybody :)

All reported bugs fixed.  The weird issue with ships starting off the border should not happen in the campaign.
Flux Drain system is now more visually obvious.

This patched build should be savegame-compatible with build 17.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 18) (TC Mod)
« Reply #737 on: May 06, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »

Build 19.  Caught the issue with collision avoidance, which effected all big ships; fixed it.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 19) (TC Mod)
« Reply #738 on: May 06, 2014, 09:46:49 PM »

Oh, and lastly, before I call it a day...

Dmaiski, the inaccuracy problem you're talking about is directly related to the problem of "tolerance"; basically, I added a fudge-factor so that the AI would shoot when targets get within 60 degrees, because otherwise the fixed-mount weapons weren't firing often enough.  This is a big problem with things like the frontal-mount weapons on big, wide ships like the Dominator, where they simply aren't able to bring all their weapons to bear on targets.

However, this leads to certain slow-firing weapons missing a lot, since they're firing a little too early.

Some thoughts on that; since it's not possible to dynamically alter the weapon arcs, perhaps the best fix is to simply get rid of the "tolerance" kludge and to make all arcs have a minimum value that will allow all of them to engage properly.  I just haven't done this because it's not as visually pretty for fixed-mount stuff, but that really is the best, fairest solution.

The other solution is to set the tolerance for slow-firing weapons to zero, so that they're forced to fire only when it would actually be able to hit.  I may try that first and see if that works well enough.

Anyhow, please let me know if you find any other bugs; I want to work on integrating that giant boss thing and maybe, just maybe, work on integration with that new shader system- I think that's going to take a while, though, so I'm inclined to make sure we're bug-free first.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 20) (TC Mod)
« Reply #739 on: May 06, 2014, 11:13:05 PM »

Build 20.  Definitely bedtime now, lol. 

Improved auto-aim accuracy for slow-firing weapons; things like the Gauss should work reliably now, without missing wildly due to bad tolerance values.  The only exception I made for this is beams and missiles, mainly to cover rocket pods.  Built-in, slow-firing rocket pods, on the other hand, will perhaps not fire like they should, since they're all lumped into BUILT_IN.  This effects only one ship in the game (the Demander) so, eh, whatever.

Fixed a bug where weapons would register targets but never complete aiming under weird circumstances.

Neither fix is totally optimized; this added two math steps to each n^2 cycle through the all-powerful vacuumIsInArc(), which is bad practice, considering how hard I had to work to get it so clean... but I CBA to fix it properly tonight.  Still, it's an improvement :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 07, 2014, 04:17:03 AM »

Not sure if this is already on your radar/hit list:

- Lost a battle (my first one lol! :D) hit [Esc] then it crashed.

Extract of Starsector.log:

1175618 [Thread-5] DEBUG data.scripts.plugins.CombatRadarPlugin  - Creating new list with ID 1
1175635 [Thread-5] DEBUG data.scripts.plugins.CombatRadarPlugin  - Deleting old list with ID 1
1175635 [Thread-5] DEBUG data.scripts.plugins.CombatRadarPlugin  - Creating new list with ID 1
1184100 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [shuttle] not found for faction [player]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [shuttle] not found for faction [player]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.ÖØÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Think it's looking to give me a shuttle to restart with and can't find it??

Richy.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 07, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »

Hrmm.  That's a weird one.  There isn't a "shuttle" entry in that list.  I wonder if that's hardcoded :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 07, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »

Got it; grep parser replaced "shuttle" line in the JSON with "independent_shuttle", which caused the crash, as the "shuttle" field is hard-coded.  Fixed build comin' up in a few moments :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 07, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »

Build 21 is now available.

Fixes crash when player has lost all ships in their fleet.

Should not require a restart.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 21) (TC Mod)
« Reply #744 on: May 07, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »

Crashes with Radar mod, and it disables Target Leading Pip when you enable it.

Code
24785 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["enemyMissileColor"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["enemyMissileColor"] not found.
at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
at org.json.JSONObject.getJSONArray(JSONObject.java:482)
at data.scripts.plugins.CombatRadarPlugin.reloadSettings(CombatRadarPlugin.java:130)
at data.scripts.VacuumModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(VacuumModPlugin.java:385)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 07, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »

Combat Radar is already installed- I'll look at that bug but basically, you don't need it, it's already there. 

I have no idea about the Leading Pip thing, talk to the author.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:37:27 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 07, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »

Ah,that explains it. Thanks
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 07, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »

Build 21 is now available.

Fixes crash when player has lost all ships in their fleet.

Should not require a restart.

You sir are a star ;) Thank you!

I only wish my ISP were as quick as you at responding to problems...damn degrading connection :'(

Richy

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 07, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »

The earlier versions of the Target leading PIP and Combat Radar were incompatible with each other. Both the Radar and the PIP were updated to no longer conflict.

I am going to assume that the radar that is integrated into Vacuum is not based on the newest version.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 09, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »

Yeah, and without spending time looking at a diff, I have no idea what was changed by whom and when.  I'll ask LazyWizard when I get a chance, probably it's something pretty simple.
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75