Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420632 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.61a ALPHA build 8) (TC Mod)
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »

Most of them actually have 2 or more.  They're all very frontally-oriented, firepower-wise.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Draginea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »

Good, i love ships that are like that. Do they have massive burst damage?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 25, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

Unknown yet; still working on them :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Kazzthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »

First I want to say Thank you @xenoargh for such a great mod I think it clearly improves gameplay with it's unique & special features.

I have two isues here:

1.- I have tried to implement some stuff of my own, but I don't think I'm doing things right, since they appear to have cero effect (I think I'm doing something wrong in implementing my own ships)

2.- I don't know why, but the exigency ships take 0 damage plus 0 flux acumulation... I have the lazyLib activated as a mod, but it does not seem to work, mi hardly worked powerful fleet was taken down by a pair of those exigency ships  :-[ (I have tried some other mods & they just work ok, this is the only issue so far)

Aditional data: I don't have memory problems, I have installed & unistalled the game, tried it on the latest patch & played it in the
Starsector 0.6.1a version.

Thank you for your time !

P.S. Sorry for any Syntax or Grammar mistake, as a Mexican young business manager I tend to run in to some of those

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:33:42 PM by Kazzthal »

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 25, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »

Glad you're enjoying the fun!

Well, it comes with LazyLib already installed, so it doesn't need that... Exigency shouldn't take zero damage, but they should be hard to beat.  They're very vulnerable vs. Beam weapons, however, so try that :)

IDK, that may be a bug that creeped in with 0.62.  I'm going to have a new version out pretty Soon™, should resolve that; I'll test vs. Exigency in the meantime.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 25, 2014, 08:08:17 PM »

Oh, and!

I have tried to implement some stuff of my own, but I don't think I'm doing things right, since they appear to have cero effect (I think I'm doing something wrong in implementing my own ships)
So you've developed a .ship file and you've included new entries in ship_data.csv?  To get those ships in a Faction so that you'll see them in-game, you'll also need to make a .variant and put an entry in the Faction files for one of the fleets that's in the mod.  Adding new fleets won't work; you can edit what's there but you can't add new fleets without code changes (which means making a new .jar).
Xeno's Mod Pack

Kazzthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »

Wow ! That's the quickest answer ever !

Yes indeed I've already done almost all of that, I haven't mess with the fleets tho..

Thanks ! so if I don't integrate my ship in to a fleet it won't appear in the stations markets ? (LOL maybe I'll just leave it there & stick with your included eyecandy stuff I'm too lazy to become a java programer like  :P )

Also, I have run some test battles & yet the exigency frigates (and up tiers) do not take any damage, I was able to take down myself a mining pirate fleet (arround 8 ships plus fighters)

It is happening in my both installs of the game    Starsector 0.6.2a & 0.6.1a I believe I did something wrong, so I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the whole thing (game & mod) but the issue is the same.

Edit: Never mind, Iwas playing the wrong build of this mod, I fanally took some real damage... but after a loooong fight these exigency guys are really hard to take on
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:06:12 AM by Kazzthal »

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2014, 01:46:51 AM »

...and bump, for great justice.

Almost done with the release, which is saying a lot.  The AIs are all (finally!) done, but the customization system isn't.  Yes, "custom" AIs.  As in, don't like that your Frigate goes after fighters and other Frigates?  Want it to prioritize enemy civilian ships?  Just plug in a different AI. 

Not quite done with that part, but I'm pretty excited about what this stuff is doing already; prepare for things to get a bit harder, especially when fighters are involved.

Anyhow, I got Swift Launchers working again, woohoo, and I may even get in-battle captures working again, someday.  I also did the core rewrite of the FleetEncounterDialog tonight, so captures work like they do when fighting around Asteroids and all that- no more, "gee, you can only, maybe, capture this one thing". 

Oh, and please welcome the second member of the Neutron family, the Neutron Blaster, seen next to its smaller cousin:

Not quite done balancing these things yet, and I'll be honest and say that I'm hoping people use them a bunch and let me know if they're UP / OP or not, because thus far I'm pretty divided, as they're real, real situational.  They're really weird weapons, in that they're pretty much rubbish vs. shields and armor, but they do direct damage to Hull, regardless of Armor.  So they're kind of a direct counter to the armor regenerators that will be in this build and they kill Exigency pretty well, too. 

I think it's fair to say that this build has more balance-altering / breaking stuff than pretty much any other build of the mod, ever, and that's saying a lot, lol.  I am pretty eager to get it done-enough that people can give it a go, even though I know it's really not well-balanced yet.  Just a couple more things and it'll finally be ready :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2014, 04:47:42 AM »

...and bump, for great justice.

Almost done with the release, which is saying a lot.  The AIs are all (finally!) done, but the customization system isn't.  Yes, "custom" AIs.  As in, don't like that your Frigate goes after fighters and other Frigates?  Want it to prioritize enemy civilian ships?  Just plug in a different AI. 

Not quite done with that part, but I'm pretty excited about what this stuff is doing already; prepare for things to get a bit harder, especially when fighters are involved.

SNIPED

Huh?
You say it will be possible to individually set a "custom" AI behavior for every single ship in my fleet.
That would be awesome
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2014, 09:33:13 AM »

Yes, within some limits.  I'm not going to be offering you good folks a "programmable" AI; that's beyond my abilities.  But you can swap out AIs and alter their fundamental parameters.  For example, if you want a ship to kite at long range, there will be an AI for that.
Xeno's Mod Pack

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2014, 09:35:12 AM »

what's the dialogue/interaction for this going to be? and HOW SOON DO WE GET TO TRY IT?!?! lol I'm a little excited :-)

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »

It's going to use Hull Mods, so that you can do this in the Refit screen.  Keeps it as simple as possible.

When?  Soonish.  Exactly when?  IDK yet; I'm still polishing the Neutron weapons and doing final AI tweaks, amongst other things.  The new Faction and most of the strategic-level stuff isn't done, either; I kind of got mega-distracted when I decided that I just had to solve all of the problems with the Acanthus working the way it does (which pretty much required a new auto-aim AI and ship AI).
Xeno's Mod Pack

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2014, 06:41:56 PM »

looking forward to this!

Kazzthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2014, 11:09:05 PM »

Such great news!!

I hope we can finaly add some danger guns for the ecigency guys since the game goes easy on them, I tookk over entire fleets in my exigency game wiht only this 5 frigates & 4 destroyers, I mean it! It was carnage!

Let me tell you again man, this is my favorite mod for Starsector, I think it really improves the game I haven't played a single mod in wich fighters actually have a tactical role :)

Two questions anyway..

1.- Is there anyway to respawn asteroids ? (faction fleets deplet entire sistems in a mont or so)

2.- It is normal that the factions deploy in early game huge attack or defense fleets ? I think it would be awesome to have more "small" fleets that you could actually battle (some mining fleets match miitary fleets in numbers :O )   

Bucktail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 02, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »

I saved my game then got into a battle lost and went to reload my save and it won't load. This is the second time this has happened and I have reinstalled the mod and starsector and this is what the log says:

7114996 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_Dow_7604008204544150811...
7161645 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
7213148 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 36, FP2: 15, maxFP1: 300, maxFP2: 200
7249928 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 36, FP2: 15, maxFP1: 300, maxFP2: 200
7562537 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 36, FP2: 23, maxFP1: 300, maxFP2: 200
7803446 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading ..\\saves/save_Dow_7604008204544150811...
7841914 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
7842396 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Any way to fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75