Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 418509 times)

Szpakuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum / Exerelin Alpha 1 (Total Conversion)
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2013, 04:14:34 AM »

How do you mine? I tried some ways but still dont seem to get how Im supposed to do it??? :-\

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2013, 05:57:05 AM »

Make that fighter launcher with a opening platform for a fighter

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »

is there someway to take over abandoned outposts ?  ???
Not just yet, other than your side occasionally launching an invasion fleet.  TBH, this is something I'd like to do but haven't had the time; I'm still working on the core battle gameplay stuff :)

How do you mine? I tried some ways but still dont seem to get how Im supposed to do it??? :-\
Buy any of the fighters that are marked "(Miner)".  Currently, that's the Prospector and the Bat.  

Fly to an asteroid by clicking on it (big ones work best) and wait.  You'll eventually mine some Germanium :)

You can also mine Fuel from planets marked "Gaseous".  This is more reliable than mining Germanium, but it tends to make a bit less money over time.

Make that fighter launcher with a opening platform for a fighter
That should be possible, but I haven't looked into how weapon animation code works yet.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:18:17 AM by xenoargh »
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »

OK, got most of the missile code done.

1.  Harpoons just got a straight buff, mainly to hitpoints, so that they get through PD a little more often.  This may / may not make them OP vs. Frigates, but we'll just have to see.
2.  Pilum gets AOE via script; has a bonus to damage vs. drones and fighters and kills nearby missiles in a moderate radius.  Not terribly useful against anything shielded larger than a fighter, but a cluster of Pilums can kill an entire Wing if they all go off, so they're moderately useful again.
3.  Still working on the Salamander; basically, I'm going to make it a stand-off system that checks whether it has a nearby target whose heading is roughly the same as the missile.  If so, it releases a bunch of EMP strikes.  This and some hitpoint / speed buffs makes the Salamander able to do its job as the engine-killer again but with a higher chance of success, since shield rolling will only help so much.
4.  Buffed the Sabot's hitpoints, but not the damage.  I don't want the Sabot to become ridiculously OP again like it was early on :)
5.  No change to the Hurricane yet, haven't decided what would be interesting to do with it.

Also did various work on ships, filing them out with Hull Mods and suchlike.  The Paragon has been buffed further, probably beyond what a player can ever put on it- the ship that's supposed to be the ultimate tank deserves some love and boss-like goodness, imo, instead of feeling like such a fragile glass cannon :)

Oh, and!  Does anybody have any opinions about what, exactly, the Odyssey needs?  I think it has the same "meh" issues the Conquest did.  I'm thinking that maybe I'll further buff its Flux Dissipation rate and throw it a few OPs so that it can be decked out in the full Beam Boat panoply without being so fragile.  I'd rather that it was mildly OP than how it is now; my experience has been that it's a ship with HEF but I can always safely ignore it if I own a serious tank.  If anybody has a good build for it (in this mod, mind ye, since balance is totally not Vanilla) that might serve as a good template or has ideas, please feel free.  

Will also be finally getting around to drawing a new sprite for the Tachyon Lance, too.  It's my least-favorite weapon sprite and I want something that goes better with Tri-Tach themes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:05:47 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2013, 09:09:07 PM »

New Tachyon Lance sprite:

Obligatory teaser (note that I need to do some work on those hardpoint positions, they aren't quite aligned perfectly atm):
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »

New stuff from me / MesoTronik.  New weapon, the Repulsor Beam.  Like the Repulsor System, it shoves stuff away.  Unlike the Repulsor Beam, you don't have to be flying an Exigency ship to have one.  Also in this build is the Exigency Vindictive, which is a nasty little weapon.

Anyhow, I think this is about it for the build, so I'll wrap it up and ship it out soonish.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »

New build.

Adds:

1. Exigency Yria Frigate and Glynado Interceptor.
2. Repulsor Beam weapon, Vindictive chaingun.  

The Repulsor Beam, as the name suggests, pushes ships and other objects (including missiles) away from the source.  Push speed is relative to how close you are to the target.  It's very useful for pushing enemies away if trying to kite (or just keep that Onslaught from getting into super-death-spam range), if used well.

Changes:

1.  New sprite for the Tachyon Lance.
2.  Buffs to several Tri-Tachyon ships in terms of OPs, to reflect their high level of technology.  Paragon got several buffs to make it a better tank.
3.  Lots of changes to missiles.  With the exception of the MIRV, I think they might all be worth using again.  
Breakdown:
Spoiler
  • Pilum does AAA coverage over a wide area, like a flak gun, but with slightly different tuning.  Really useful for fighter killing.
  • Harpoon got buffed HP.
  • Salamander got buffed HP, speed, maneuverability and last but not least, a script that detects when it's behind a target and then fires off EMP at the engines.  Pretty useful missile again :)
  • Sabot's second stage got HP buffed.
  • No changes made to Hurricane MIRV or to the Reaper family.
[close]

4. New way to launch fighters!  The Swift Interceptor Launcher is a one-shot "missile" system that launches a tough, well-armed fighter.  You can use it once per battle.  The Swift is available in various places at a reasonable cost, and mounts on any ship with a Large Missile slot.  BTW, that means that yes, Dominators can become impromptu fleet carriers ;)
5.  Buffs to HIL, Tachyon Lance.
6.  Exigency SABOT cannon is now shield-piercing.

Fixes:

1.  Several small issues with the Repulsor.  It now affects Asteroids and Hulks, amongst other things.
2.  Disabled a lag-inducing script for certain missile behaviors.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:47:49 AM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »

Got done detailing out one of Thule's Farscope ships, which I have christened the Cousteau.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:33:56 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »

Changed my mind about the name, came up with a reasonable theme / lore for these guys.  Anyhow, this is the Carson:

Xeno's Mod Pack

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »

Those look really nice,

Also, check out the Crit System i redone a few weeks ago, it fixes some problems with slower RoF getting over 5% crit damage, adds Crit messages with different sizes depending on the weapon size and RoF, it also adds the possibility to have some projectiles with a certain IDs to bypass shields. I didn't fix the fire black smoke effects, but since this mod is already really heavy on the PC, might as well remove it for now...

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »

I'll definitely check it out :) 

I never did get around to making sure that high-ROF weapons ended up even lower on the curve, and they're pulling crits way too often atm, which in turn doesn't help with the "strain the PC" issue, as the text display is pretty expensive code.  Should probably put that on my list for this weekend.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »

Got it fixed up, it's working correctly and we'll see quite a few less Crit! on the screen now.  

Lost a few operations along the way, so it's about as efficient as it can be, short of building it as a projectile hit script.  Tempted to see if I can do that via includes / extends at some point to avoid having to scan through every projectile.

[EDIT]Rats!  I left a crash bug in the build.  Sorry, everybody, Exigency's Repulsor Beam weapon was added in at Late O'Clock.  Oh well, I'll roll out a fix tonight.  Was going to do something with the MIRV anyhow.[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:07:56 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »

The Sweeper.  For when you really need to clear a room.  

Been thinking that the Medium / Large fixed-mount weapons need some nice heavy ballistics, so I'm going to make a simple shotgun simulator for this one, which will be a Medium slot*.  For the Medium and Heavy slots, I really think that there needs to be something like the Railgun, but haven't decided what, yet.  Granted, there really aren't that many ships in the mod that can take fixed-mount Large, other than the Aurora, but that's always subject to change.

*Subject to testing; after all, that is a gun bigger than a lot of fighters there...

Oh, and new build is up.

Fixes: 
Crash bug with new Exigency weapon.  Oops!
Bad mathematics in the critical-hit code that prevented it from working correctly.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:23:22 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »

Are Shade phase frigates and Falcon cruisers supposed to auto-repair in battle?  (Edit: Perhaps since they have automated repair systems... If that's the case, could you change the description of that subsystem to mention it does that please?)

I worry that perhaps somehow the Exigency biohull is (invisibly) being applied to all vessels...

(Also I suck at this mod - the fact that none of the ships you can buy come with any hull mods wheras ALL of the enemy ships have just about everything they could possibly benefit from doesn't help... I'm assuming that -is- somehow intentional though?)

One minor bug: Wasp fighter wings have the Stabilized Shields hullmod... but, they don't have shields.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:08:32 PM by Darloth »

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »

Well as this is total conversion if you plan to use original sprites you should probably add them some more sharp details to fit with rest of added ships (mainly to Try tachyon ships, apart from Odyss)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 75