Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420588 times)

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum / Exerelin Alpha 1 (Total Conversion)
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »

Looks great man.  ;D
You even kept the naming scheme, sweet  ;)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »

New build up.  REQUIRES RESTART.

Fixes:

1.  Various small issues with the economy.
2.  Several internal bugs (that you probably never noticed but were there nonetheless).

Changes:

1. Buffed Med Laser / HIL a little bit.
2.  Small buffs / nerfs for a few more things.

Adds:

1.  New Faction, the Punk Junkers.  They are soooo punk-rock, man.  Well, that, and deadly dangerous ;)
2.  Some early work on a new Faction, Exigency Incorporated.  They're still missing their trademark System and a few other details aren't done yet, but they're in and will get into the campaign soon.
3.  Triple Plasma Blaster; triple your fun!
4.  Various other minor stuff I can't be bothered to remember atm :)

Anyhow, more work will be put into the various new Factions joining the party as soon as I have some time :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »

Code
106342 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6
 java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinData.getAvailableFactions(ExerelinData.java:170)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinUtils.getStationOwnerFactionId(ExerelinUtils.java:255)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.OutSystemStationAttackFleet$1.run(OutSystemStationAttackFleet.java:92)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.??0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.return.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.this.do$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Happens reliably upon loading my save with the latest version of Exerelin & LazyLib.  Save loaded fine until the game crashed at end of a battle - yes, I'm save-scumming, because I have absolutely zero clue what the ships in the mod can do yet.  Figured attacking a glaug mining fleet with two ships left in it when I have a cruiser ought to be safe... but...

Would have attached the save file, but apparently even compressed it's far too big.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2013, 04:57:40 AM »

Elite and veteran wages are ridiculous, they are not worth it at all, actually I am just selling them all the time replacing them with regulars.

Had 3 ships, wages -12 000 for crew, +5000 income, really doesn´t worth it.

And suggestion: Less EMP cascades getting through shields, or just boost engines EMP resistance.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:17:15 AM by Ravendarke »

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2013, 05:28:32 AM »

yeah found that a problem, perhaps have it so the income increases some how to balance out this problem, like some sort of, when (x) amount of days pass increase pay by (y) amount or something but with this long play periods may get excessive...
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2013, 06:35:34 AM »

Had 3 ships, wages -12 000 for crew, +5000 income, really doesn´t worth it.
Well... hmm.  I really haven't found that to be a serious problem, if you're using all the sources of income well.

For example, if you spend the early-game mining Germanium or Fuel, you can build up 100K before wars get going in earnest.  During war, if you're not making 100K / day, you need to be more aggressive.  If you're having income problems, use the Storage Facility; you don't pay for Elites in storage.

I don't want players to ever feel that they can just sit around with a multi-capship fleet full of Elites; just like the real world, that should be out of reach for all but the most successful privateers.  I can drop it by a bit and we'll see how it goes, but I've run a fleet with a battleship and a couple of nice cruisers without serious problems, I just had to find and win a major battle daily :)

On EMP, it's one of the things you need to hard-counter depending on which Faction you fight, and EMP's one of the signature weapons of certain Factions.  That said, I'm not sure the balance is right on that or on Plasma, though, so I'll nerf EMP a bit for the next build :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:52 AM »

For example, if you spend the early-game mining Germanium or Fuel, you can build up 100K before wars get going in earnest.  

This might need a some kind of manual...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:43:24 AM by Ravendarke »

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »

It doesn't seem to punish you for going into negative credits, so once you get your perfect fleet you can pretty much ignore the whole thing. But early on, if you screw up and get too many elites then you can find yourself in a hole with a small ship and no real way to build up.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »

Yeah, I don't have punishment mechanics built yet; I was going to make your crews abandon you if you ran out of money, and set the floor at zero, or even charge you interest (and have Tri-Tach send some 'enforcers' to collect on your late payments, heh).

This might need a some kind of manual...
I agree, but the framework's still very much WIP at this point; it's very much Alpha atm :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »

Yeah, that´s fine, just my suggestion is that you could mention how mining work here. Well, I have found out (tho it is first time I played a mod with mining so that´s why I am kind of surprised). But you should still just mention if industry skill affect it anyhow and such things in OP.

Just suggesting.

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »

Idunno, it just seems that the wage system is oddly harsh, it kicks you when you are down and leaves you alone when you are doing great.

Also, do factions actually take other stations? I have yet to see it.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »

They should, over time;  I may need to adjust how often they try to do so, though; will look into that :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2013, 01:57:27 AM »

New build. 

Changes:

1.  Crew wages for Elites / Veterans have been halved.
2.  If you run out of money to pay your crew, you cannot go lower than zero credits.
3.  If you run out of money to pay your crew, they will abandon your cause.

That pretty much finishes out the wage system; people cannot go < 0 on credits, so they can't effectively lose the game. 

However, if you get too many high-end crew, you're going to start having serious problems meeting payroll, your crew will abandon you, you won't have enough crew, etc., etc.

The only issue with this is the game's auto-promotion system;it means that if you want a high-level fleet and fight battles daily, you're going to need to swap crew a lot... or get Making Do asap, since that's one way to avoid pricing your fleets out of reach.  Another option I may explore is giving players a skill tree that deliberately lowers the rate at which crew gets promoted, or even set that to zero and make buying high-level crew the only way to get them.

Haven't nerfed the ion-cannon type weapons yet.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2013, 01:37:03 AM »

New build.

Adds:

1.  New mini-faction, MesoTronik's Exigency Incorporated.  They're a little sparse on ships and gear atm, but they're really quite interesting.  Their ships don't come with shield generators and are massively lacking in customization options, but do come with a Repulsor Field system that, as the name suggests, shoves things away, plus a few more neat toys.

It's quite fun to use the Repulsor, and the AI uses it fairly well.  They aren't remotely balanced yet otherwise, so expect them to get a bit harder.  Hopefully the author will complete a few more vessels to finish out the lineup :)

2.  Various cool stuff under the hood that I haven't gotten to do much with... yet.  Looking forward to working on another set of Thule's ships :)
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75