Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 420814 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum / Exerelin (new 0.61a ALPHA build, pg 15) (Total Conversion)
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »

Did you download the really-early-alpha on page 15, or the main page?

The main link is for the 0.54a version. 

I haven't updated that yet, as the 0.61a release is still not quite ready for prime-time :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Draginea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

I played the alpha and its still amazing.

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »

i am using the newest lazylib 1.6b and with the alpha i get the following on starting starsector:
Spoiler

26352 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore can not access a member of class org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib with modifiers "private"
   at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   ... 7 more
[close]

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »

You're not supposed to use LazyLib, it's already pre-installed with the mod.  It's a stand-alone TC, basically :)

And in other news, players can now tech-mine formerly-inhabited planets and build Stations if they have enough credits (and I have the hard parts of rebuilding OrbitalStationDialogs figured out, so I think I'll be able to tackle doing things like diplomacy, shutting players out of Stations that are unfriendly, and taking over Stations after epic battles at some point soon).  

Oh, and I got through the very basics of dealing with battle interactions (losing ships, capturing enemy ships after battle).  Therefore, the proposed re-write of the Capture mechanics (and generally taking a fresh look at how battles work) looks doable, albeit this side of things is still mainly vaporware other than some fun things that are now working... but I can't be bothered to spoil the surprises, heh.

There!  That looks like enough stuff to give up my leet tag  ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:19:23 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »

ok got it working,  but there's no one to fight.  (only huge fleets wandering around, no small or even medium sized fleets)

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »

Yeah, I know; I did warn people that it was very alpha and all that- it's not really representative of what I'm doing with this.  I wouldn't have released at all, but people sounded like they wanted to play it, even rough, so I let them.

Anyhow, your problem is really temporary in nature, even in the alpha build.  Mine asteroids.  Sell Germanium.  Buy ships.  Pick fights with huge fleets.  If you lose, you still win- you gain XP either way, so you may as well fight it out, mine more asteroids, power up, repeat :)

The structured stuff is what I'm working on now- being able to actually do anything that's vaguely like a game.  When that's done, it's time to think about game balance and the difficulty ramp and all that stuff.  What you're seeing now is just early framework stuff, basically- just a tech demo of the procedural-generation code that I cribbed from Exerelin and the veeeeery early version of what I have over here, in terms of fleets running around and Doing Stuff.
Xeno's Mod Pack

drakhades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 01, 2013, 06:08:12 AM »

ahh, i didn't know i could mine stuff, so i'll try again!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »

Ok... I tried the boarding shuttles to take some ships. I had a carrier, i had marines and 4 boarding wings against 1 Gemini at 12% cr. I carefully used the freezing rays and ion guns to immobilize it and waited for my shuttles to capture it.

They blew it up. Those idiots.

So what am i doing wrong? I tried several times to board an enemy ship with those and nothing work, they are just firing with their machine guns and that's all.  Am i missing something?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »

That feature doesn't work at all right now, see the bug report in the Modding section.  I'll probably disable them before I put out the next release, as I'm fairly certain they can't be fixed in 0.61a :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum (new 0.61a ALPHA build) (Total Conversion)
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »

OK, I've pushed out the very first official 0.61a Alpha for this mod.  This is the first official release since 0.54a, and it's taken a lot longer than I wanted it to, but it's finally ready for some initial playtesting :)

Main download link has been updated.  

Huge changes to the mod in general; if you want to run an empire, you can now do so, albeit still in a very very Alpha way.  Much work still needs to be done!

I've very reluctantly dropped 'Exerelin' from the official title here, to avoid confusion.  I was pretty reluctant to do this, as I feel like the mod owes its life to Zaphide's project; until he showed up, I lacked the know-how to figure out how to do things like this and wasn't motivated to learn enough deep Java to pull it off.

And yes, I forgot to disable the Boarding Shuttles and a few other things like that have escaped my attention. I'll fix that in the next release.  Sorry if that causes annoyance / confusion.

Oh, and... I'd like some art / design (as in, lighting and other asset mastering) help, maybe?  If intrigued, PM.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:36:59 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (new 0.61a ALPHA build) (TC Mod)
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2013, 12:45:07 PM »

I forgot to note that Exigency Incorporated, as depicted, is not necessarily their final form, in terms of the art and other aspects of that Faction. 

Consider them as being Very Temporary in form atm, with a major upgrade to them coming in a month or two.  They'll also have a special system for how they arrive in the game, to reflect their backstory.

I've left them essentially unchanged for now, however, because I think they're fun and interesting to play with and this is largely a public test of the early framework and mechanics.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »

Expanded Magazines seems bugged. Does not always give +100% capacity.

Assault gun goes from 2000 shots to 2040 shots.

Interference between various hull mods not clearly explained.

Hardened shield seems to increase efficiency by 75%.

Did kinetic and Explosive damage get reversed? Graviton beam seems insanely ineffective. Will look at rest of posts to see if explained.

I believe I ran into a weapon bypassing my shields. What was it? EMP of some kind?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:18:58 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »

There was a bug in Expanded Magazines.  Fixed.

I'll explain the Hull mod exclusions better; that's probably pretty confusing :)

Hardened Shields description is wrong.  Fixed.

Kinetic / Explosive relationships remain the same; what's different is how much damage certain combinations will take (from any source, at least for now).  Neutronium Plating makes a ship incredibly resistant to Kinetic damage.  

This is a theme that will probably get expanded upon; now that we can change damage various types do to Armor and Shields, it'll be fun to add some new ways to resist damage, so that players and AI ships can be customized and play a bit more paper-rock-scissors games with one another.

Some weapons are shield-piercing.  Some weapons can do damage to un-shielded areas even if the shot strikes the shields.  Some weapons will cause EMP surges that will cripple a ship that's not equipped to defeat them.  Some weapons destroy other weapon shots.  Some weapons automatically kill incoming missiles.  Some weapons will freeze, push back, or otherwise manipulate enemies.  All part of the fun ;)

Oh, and also, yes, I'll try and write up the weapons / systems / whatever that are still missing descriptions.  I always get to that after I've settled on the "role" for that weapon and the special rules, if any.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:38:23 PM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2013, 10:10:51 PM »

New build up.  Appears to be savegame-friendly, at least for now.  The next build is almost guaranteed to break saves, but that's why it's Alpha :)

Expanded Magazines bug is fixed.

Hull Mod exclusions explanations fixed.

Hardened Shield bug fixed.

Weapon / Ship / System descriptions added / fixed.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2013, 10:59:57 AM »

Put together a ship-art page, showing some of the ships :)
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75