Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75

Author Topic: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)  (Read 418495 times)

Noxxys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum - Build a Stellar Empire. (0.62a ALPHA build 34) (TC Mod)
« Reply #1080 on: August 24, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »

Thanks. I chose the easy start and didn't have the same problem. Combat is very different from vanilla, still getting used to it. I really started to enjoy it when I turned the dev mode on to be able to zoom further. It's quite hard to play without this.
Keep up the good work

Draginea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 28, 2014, 08:14:11 AM »

Was this mod abandoned? Its been over a month since the last post...

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 28, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »

No, it's just been reeeeeally slow lately, due to RL.  That, and I figure that the mod's basically going to need a rebuild in various major areas when 0.65's out, so my incentive to update is low right now.  So I'm kind of tring to get a few things done with it and have been polishing things and doing a bunch of small rebal (I've made time for some playthrough this week), but I'm nowhere near a release just yet.

Anyhow, it's not dead, just slow.  Found time to do some sprite work with Medikohl's stuff as the base.  Here's the Castellan; a Punk Junker drone-tender.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 28, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »

That landing strip (?) on the left looks out of place, but otherwise it's quite nice.

Draginea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 29, 2014, 03:55:27 AM »

That's good to know. This is by far my favorite mod for Starsector.

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 29, 2014, 06:09:56 AM »

Snap! ;)

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 29, 2014, 07:16:20 AM »

Snap! ;)
I wish he made a Lite version of this mod that basically does everything except change the weapons and the way flux works.  (I like building stations, the new skills, and the ability to conquer others)  I feel a little to unstoppable and the fun of it doesn't last long.  Is there another mod that does that?
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 29, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »

I doubt if people will be feeling "unstoppable" after the next build, if I can ever get it to the point where it's release-ready.  It's going to do something... unique... to deal with player power.

Exerelin and Uomoz's thing offer various flavors of station management, so yeah, there are multiple flavors of that out there.  That said, the power factor feels about the same, it's just much, much slower because you're not able to grind as fast.

That, and if you've gotten up to the point where you're taking on Stations... IDK about you, but I rarely feel godlike taking those on, at least not if I have to care about profits.  Even with super-ships and super-weapons, tanking through the center parts of Stations is pretty tough.

I think that the key issue there is that, by the time you can do that, you've amassed so much money from doing bounty missions that you're basically set, so I may start charging maintenance fees for ships past Destroyers or something to provide a higher money drain at higher levels or something :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:19 AM »

Oh, and... I saw a request for a Frigate with a Gauss lol.  

Why not?  

A Frigate that can one-shot push anything short of a Cruiser into Overload sounds like what the Junkers might try.  I'm just imagining whole packs of them as an endgame strat, lol; it'd be like siccing packs of chihuahuas on leopards.  Or like their fighters writ larger.

It'll be fun coming up with a unique disadvantage to that.  Maybe the recoil spins them like tops.

And here's the drone that the Castellan launches. It's a big sucker with some fairly serious armor and some shield-killing ordinance.  Hope that makes the long runway make a little more sense; I wanted players to get a sense of "hey, this might do something cool, drone-wise" rather than, "oh, wow, it has some puny drones you don't even notice in a serious fight".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:03:25 AM by xenoargh »
Xeno's Mod Pack

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 29, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »

I doubt if people will be feeling "unstoppable" after the next build, if I can ever get it to the point where it's release-ready.  It's going to do something... unique... to deal with player power.

Exerelin and Uomoz's thing offer various flavors of station management, so yeah, there are multiple flavors of that out there.  That said, the power factor feels about the same, it's just much, much slower because you're not able to grind as fast.

That, and if you've gotten up to the point where you're taking on Stations... IDK about you, but I rarely feel godlike taking those on, at least not if I have to care about profits.  Even with super-ships and super-weapons, tanking through the center parts of Stations is pretty tough.

I think that the key issue there is that, by the time you can do that, you've amassed so much money from doing bounty missions that you're basically set, so I may start charging maintenance fees for ships past Destroyers or something to provide a higher money drain at higher levels or something :)
Uomoz's doesn't really offer any station management aside from joining a faction then getting hated on by almost all of the others.

Exelerin's is a bit better, but it doesn't let you build new stations...

Thinking about this is making me want to fire up X3:Albion Prelude again...
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 30, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »

Did some cool optimization stuff with certain types of spammy guns and stuff whose projectiles move quickly.  Fixed the Tow Cables bugs.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Codyrex123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 01, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »

Slight probem. when i go to run this mod it says Fatal: Ship hull spec [buffulo] not found! I dont know or understand why.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 01, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »

It's not updated for 0.65a yet, sorry.  I have no idea when I'll update; it appears that a lot of core things got broken this time :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Codyrex123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 07, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »

Still cant wait.... New update thou Yay... Except that the leading pip mod is probly not updated yet DX lol

Ghostsniper64

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 03, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »

Have to say that I love the mod and I can't wait for it to be updated  :), but I also have a question. On the largest map size, are there supposed to be that many empty systems? I have 9+ empty systems and it kinda makes me wonder why there is so much empty space. I know it could be saved space for when the player puts down stations, but still.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75