Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: The Ludd Campaign: To the bitter end!  (Read 5721 times)

Admiralkio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
The Ludd Campaign: To the bitter end!
« on: November 03, 2015, 12:34:49 AM »

Hi all, long time starsector player here. I recently got back into the game with a few mods, namely SS+ and Nexerelin. This will be a series of AARs from the perspective of Colonial Navy Commander Alanis 'Triaus' Corvus.
Coming soon! (When im not on a tablet.)

Section one: Terehkov Base
I am Commander Triaus of the Colonial Navy. This log...is for record-keeping, and history. God knows i don't need it.

The Colonial Navy is, to most of the big players in the sector; a group of ragtag upstarts that are no better than pirates. I think otherwise. Most of us are former Luddites, fed up with the oppression of the Luddic Church and the Hegemony. We took what we had and fled to the Ender system, near the edge of the Axrelin cluster. At this point, few knew of us. Most still saw us with derision; until we kicked a bunch of pirates off a star-base.

Still, it earned us nothing more than a 'you exist' from the major factions; soon to be three instead of four. The Hegemony had started a war with the Luddic Church over trade disputes...and lost. They were driven from the cluster. Still, the joy of that was quickly lost when Luddic Church fleets began to get far too comfortable around Terekhov base, our only stronghold. Tensions heated and finally, the Ludds invaded.

We were lucky to escape with what we did. A Dominator-Class cruiser, ISS Hector, three Heron fast Carriers, ISSes Wasp-II, Essex-II, and Enterprise-II, and a full wing of fighters. Not to mention our most precious ship, a heavily modified Onslaught-Class: the Gilgamesh. Not to say that the Battle for Terehkov Base was easy for the Ludds; it took three Cathedral-Class ships to finally put the defending fleet down. Brave [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]s.

Still, we had a decent fleet when the survivors escaped, and we wanted blood. We lingered around the Aldous system for some time, biding our forces, waiting for a chance to strike back. Only was it when the Ludds captured the Tri-tach world Aurora, did we have a chance to strike and deal some damage. Unfortunately, the ISS Gilgamesh wasn't operational yet; lack of supplies had forced us to prioritize on other ships that were able to fight.
Our first few battles were unsuccessful, attempting to capture a Luddic station wasn't easy, mainly due to the response fleet...
We lost the ISS Hector after a Cathedral-Class shoved a plasma round up it's [EXPLETIVE REMOVED].

Still, we moved on and continued to fight. The Gilgamesh was finally brought to full combat readiness and equipped. We were ready to fight.
We started raiding Luddic patrols in Aldous, and finally detachments. The came to fear the ISS Gilgamesh.
That's not all, though.

ISS Triton uses the hulk of a disabled Cathedral-Class as cover.

Section Two: Darkstar Institute.
So things have finally come to a tipping point. The Tri-Tachyon and Sindarian Diktat have joined in an alliance. Not good news for us, but not bad news either. Mainly just a mundane occurance. Except they have both joined our fight against the Luddic church. We have continued to raid the Luddic Church's fleets and trade routes in the Aldous system and are close to making sure that they never return.

Our most recent assaults have drained the Luddic Fleet of resources and ships, leaving the worlds of Aurora and White Haven open to capture, with them, valuable infrastructure to the war effort. The fleet has set course for Aurora. We finally have the Gilgamesh fully kitted out, with her proper loadout that she was due to get before the invasion occurred.

Our recent losses have been minimal, thankfully. Mostly fighters and their pilots, but for every fighter they take, they loose a frigate, or a destroyer. Mostly an entire fleet. We recently traded in all our Herons for a Cathedral-Class...captured, of course. It should be able to cycle more fighters in and out of it's bays than our previous fleet, and the Redeemer cannon is a good fire support tool.

Our benefactors have been supplying us for some time now, based on the Franklin I Ledge station. Supplies and repairs, notably. The Gilgamesh has taken a lot of damage, but i'l be [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] if it hasn't taken down three Cathederal-Class ships by now.

CNS Gilgamesh, post retrofit, pre-loadout.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:29:04 PM by Admiralkio »

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The Ludd Campaign: To the bitter end!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »

where do you get the Gilgamesh?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »

Gilgamesh? SS+ Mod Bounty Ship (if you don't mind me telling of course?)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »

I actually figured it out you have to capture the mod bounties