Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: FTL  (Read 47147 times)

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
Re: FTL
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »

I think this no intentenal by the dev but I was in the engi cruiser and either my attack drone or it's laser hit a breach missle as it launched destroyed it and my drone which gave me enough time to escape. Crazy

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2012, 12:33:44 AM »

I'm not extremely well informed, but I'm pretty sure collisions of shots and drones is intentional.

mercy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2012, 12:54:39 AM »

FTL had some exciting gameplay moments. However the fonts are microscopic for the not so young eyes, gave vertigo and headache. Also the crew sprites, actions are tiny.

Starfarer on the other hand can be played in 1024x768 where the small fonts become big enough to see without too much eyestrain. Big plus!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »

FTL had some exciting gameplay moments. However the fonts are microscopic for the not so young eyes, gave vertigo and headache. Also the crew sprites, actions are tiny.

Starfarer on the other hand can be played in 1024x768 where the small fonts become big enough to see without too much eyestrain. Big plus!

Strange, for me the capital letters in the smallest FTL font are about 5 mm high. SF has about 4 mm for big font and 2.5 mm for small font.

Resolution is 1920x1080. FTL runs in "Fullscreen - Stretch" mode.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Chancellor Meatsteak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »

You can adjust the font size in FTL by pressing the "+" and "-" keys.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »

If you had to fly one of the ai frigates which would it be. I would have the mantis ship with two mini beams and two heavy lasers 2 wit a human an engi and two mantis

Rowanas

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »

You can adjust the font size in FTL by pressing the "+" and "-" keys.

Ahha! Every one and then I accidentally hit something and the text goes all funny. Now I know!

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »

when waiting on the newest Starsector 0.6 I suggest you to refresh this game with THIS mod
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542
that will totally change the vanilla gameplay
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

snooze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2013, 12:27:53 PM »

Bought the game upon Steam release and have been playing it ever since. Now that I actually bought Starsector I reckon I'll be playing less FTL but that's all for the good.

Alfalfa

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2013, 05:01:12 PM »

I played this game non-stop for two weeks when I bought it.  I thought I was going to lose my soul to it, but then XCom came in and ninja'd it.

I don't really remember that month that well.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

I think this no intentenal by the dev but I was in the engi cruiser and either my attack drone or it's laser hit a breach missle as it launched destroyed it and my drone which gave me enough time to escape. Crazy

Intentional, and so awesome when it happens (and saves you, haha). Annoying when it is not useful, though.  :)

If you had to fly one of the ai frigates which would it be. I would have the mantis ship with two mini beams and two heavy lasers 2 wit a human an engi and two mantis
Huh. Not sure. None of them are as cool as the player ships. Also I don't have their loadouts memorized.  :/  I'd probably go something burst laser heavy, though. Love the pew pews.

EDIT: OH I just remembered a mantis I fought with dual burstys on it. Maybe mark 3's even. I'd fly that.

ALSO: I semi-necro'd this thread to say I FINALLY finished out beating the game with every single ship and variant this week on normal. Booyeah! Take that Engi and Crystal B's.  :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2013, 01:04:07 PM »

Congrats on finishing it! Do you have any mods you like to play with? I love the infinite FTL I think it's called, the one where there's no boss you just keep flying until you die lol

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »

Haven't tried any mods yet. Might try getting all the achievements next? I dunno. Been a grind beating with these last two ships, so may just fly casually for a while.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

MartinT

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »

My god this game is good. A must have for indie and strategy lovers.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]