Author Topic: FTL  (Read 47201 times)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
Re: FTL
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2012, 01:16:02 PM »

WOHO yeah finally ^^ + i got type B ship :D
but i tell 'ya teleporting is rly a KEY but i read here somewhere that killing all the crews mothership goes auto pilot so i left 1 guy ^^

& here we go again <Whoosh>

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:17:33 PM by theSONY »
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »

Do you guys want me to post s here?

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »

arg you beat me to the crystal cruiser.

I've being trying to get the cruiser while getting the "United Federation" achievement.

Rowanas

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 05:19:21 AM »

I've finally perfected "the medbay gambit". It's my new foolproof method of taking control of ships.

1: Beam crew aboard
2: Wait for enemy crew to engage.
3: When enemy crew leave to heal at the medbay, let them go, even beam your own dudes back to rest at your medbay.
4: Fire at enemy medbay, bomb it, hull missile, whatever you have at hand, but assign all of your weapons to it.
5: Enemy crew pray to their impotent gods and die.
6: If enemy crew remain, they'll go and repair the medbay. Beam or move your boarding party to the medbay and finish them all off.

There it is. The medbay gambit. It works like a charm, although the boss requires too much focus elsewhere to be able to reliably bombard the medbay, so I just beam my crew into the weapons sections and blow those all up.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2012, 07:20:48 AM »

I've finally perfected "the medbay gambit". It's my new foolproof method of taking control of ships.

1: Beam crew aboard
2: Wait for enemy crew to engage.
3: When enemy crew leave to heal at the medbay, let them go, even beam your own dudes back to rest at your medbay.
4: Fire at enemy medbay, bomb it, hull missile, whatever you have at hand, but assign all of your weapons to it.
5: Enemy crew pray to their impotent gods and die.
6: If enemy crew remain, they'll go and repair the medbay. Beam or move your boarding party to the medbay and finish them all off.

There it is. The medbay gambit. It works like a charm, although the boss requires too much focus elsewhere to be able to reliably bombard the medbay, so I just beam my crew into the weapons sections and blow those all up.
I may just have to try that, on a related note, i just realsised how awesomely op drones are in the mid-game

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »

just for the info: there is anti personnel weapon "bio laser" or something like that & its works like a charm ^^
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

just for the info: there is anti personnel weapon "bio laser" or something like that & its works like a charm ^^

I found the fire beam to  be even more efficient at killing crew, since they can't even heal if you set the medbay on fire. If you have that and a Stoneman boarding team it's just perfect.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2012, 10:15:27 AM »

Just got the Engi Cruiser. Has anyone ever tried a multiple ion weapon build? Coupled with a veteran weapons crew and anti-ship drones its amazing. The Mk II's have a four second recharge time and smash anything that isn't a drone (three power requirement though. ouch).
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »

Yeah I actually beat the boss for the first time with a similar build on a vortex. It's crazy how fast they shoot with a two star weapons officer.  D:
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »

It's crazy how fast they shoot with a two star weapons officer.  D:
Does filling the veterancy bar once (so its green) give you any bonuses at all, or does the bonus only take effect once its full yellow?
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 10:28:53 AM »

There's a level of bonus at each level. So you get a small bonus even with no experience, a better one at green, and the highest at yellow.

You can mouseover the crew member to see what the current bonus is (while they are at that station)

EDIT: Ugh...   the forumites at ftl are insufferably stupid...   D:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:11:31 PM by icepick37 »
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »

EDIT: Ugh...   the forumites at ftl are insufferably stupid...   D:
It seems that is mostly due to the fact that they don't understand that this game isn't supposed to be winnable 100% of the time, and the game isn't supposed to just hand you everything. My personal favorite is the people that were asking for an easier easy mode.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »

Mostly it's this one guy (who I have since ignored) who just drivels on and on like he is so much smarter than everyone. But all he says is stuff my spoiled two year old says all day.  :p

Also there's the same crap suggestions in every single thread on the forum. sigh...

Popularity is it's own curse it seems.  :/

I am being a whiner. Mostly to illustrate though, that the starfarer community is great and I love you all.  :D  I hope we can keep sanity up to and through starfarer's release, haha.
- Voltaire

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »

:D  I hope we can keep sanity up to and through starfarer's release, haha.

...haha, hahHahaHAhaHAHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHHaaarrrghmpf
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 04:07:03 PM »

... Mostly to illustrate though, that the starfarer community is great and I love you all.  :D  I hope we can keep sanity up to and through starfarer's release, haha.
Actually you guy's arn't THAT good. I mean, the suggestion board is full of some... uh... sketchy ideas. I mean, has anyone seen Achron? Achron and it's fan base, now those guys are something. You'd have to be if you're playing a strategy game based on time travel and paradox's.
Personally I give starfarer's community a 7 out of 10.
With Achron's community (at least when I was there) a 10/10,
and the blizzard support forums a 0/10.
Forged alliance forever gets a 4 out of 10. Mostly because they have a very authoritarian way of looking at issues. It's just freaky.

I still haven't managed to get the united federation achievement.

update: Got the red tail!

Tough little ship achievement. I had 2 health and a crippled enemy ship. I let the boarders blow up a system, then jumped back to a station for full repair. Har Har Har.

update2: IF I DON'T WIN I'M GOING TO BE SOOOOO FREAKING MAD.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:40:39 PM by Ghoti »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10