Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2210871 times)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #1425 on: April 08, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »

Here's the new version of the ship with touch-ups and weapon spots.  The engine spots are on the lower wings and tail, with 5 total.  I think I may have to try putting more light over it to make it stand out a bit more.

Spoiler
[close]
EDIT: Here is the latest version, with some more lighting added.  Prooobably the final version unless someone points out something to change my mind.  :)
Spoiler
[close]

And to comment on the Destroyer Thule just posted:
It looks grim and menacing.  Not a ship I'd like to meet in a dark alley.
The lack of color makes it appear very stark, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe you should just do something creative with the super structure of your ship with the turrets and engines. Those wings for example.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 08, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »

i would also recomment increasing the saturation and brightness of the gold a little
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Arumac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

OK, this is the 'final' design for it; a fast versatile destroyer with 3 small universal hardpoints and 4 small universal turrets.  Probably most effective as close support or point defense, though it could use anti-matter blasters at the front for an assault role.
Sorry to take up so many posts in the thread to get this ship together, but people keep making great suggestions each time I think I'm done.   :)

I like it myself. Just some real minor tweaks, like the gold saturation, and thats about it.

Arumac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 09, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but these two are done now, and I wouldn't mind some feedback ;)

Spoiler

The Harasser light frigate. It has a hidden medium missile mount, as well as a small ballistic hardpoint. Basically its a fast, shieldless harassment frigate.

[close]

Spoiler

This is the Korban experimental weapon destroyer. Basically an unstable prototype energy generator with wings.
[close]

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 09, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »

looks good, i like the design.
needs some more shading though and you cannot (or isnt recommended to) hide a missle launcher.
the launcher will be hidden but the missles will still be visible through your ship.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 10, 2013, 06:18:06 AM »

Is this (this thread) only for Starsector related stuff?
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #1431 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »

I suppose 'non-sprite art allowed' could mean non-starsector. Keep in mind that people on this thread would (likely) be more adept at judging Starsector art. Just be sure to mention what it's for I suppose.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »

I suppose 'non-sprite art allowed' could mean non-starsector. Keep in mind that people on this thread would (likely) be more adept at judging Starsector art. Just be sure to mention what it's for I suppose.
That is why I'm waiting for THE THREAD BOSS (TheHappyFace) to replay  ;D
Creator of:

Silus44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 10, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but these two are done now, and I wouldn't mind some feedback ;)

Spoiler

The Harasser light frigate. It has a hidden medium missile mount, as well as a small ballistic hardpoint. Basically its a fast, shieldless harassment frigate.

[close]

Spoiler

This is the Korban experimental weapon destroyer. Basically an unstable prototype energy generator with wings.
[close]

The second ship appears not to have a firm edge on its wings.  That looks odd here, but it might look good against the dark background of space.
Maybe add a bit more shading on those wings; slightly darker dark areas might help the glow from the center and the blue lines stand out.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 11, 2013, 06:18:53 AM »

sorry this thread is in the modding section which is in the starsector section which means it is restricted to star sector only. :I
of course i would be happy to judge any non-starsector art but i guess you will then need to make a thread in the discussion section.

non-sprite art is all art related to star sector but not in sprite form, this can be faction emblems, portraits and such.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 11, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »

sorry this thread is in the modding section which is in the starsector section which means it is restricted to star sector only. :I
of course i would be happy to judge any non-starsector art but i guess you will then need to make a thread in the discussion section.

non-sprite art is all art related to star sector but not in sprite form, this can be faction emblems, portraits and such.
Ok boss. Sorry boss.   ;D

Ok ill make thread in discussion section then (then = when i make sprites) and i expect your judgment there, then :) And it wont be "big", things, just road, bridge, tree, river and mountain (that last i don't know how to make, dang it)
Creator of:

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 11, 2013, 11:53:20 PM »

Ship i am currently working on

Spoiler
[close]

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 12, 2013, 12:10:08 AM »

Ship i am currently working on

Spoiler
[close]

what will make it special ? i mean, you already have a lot of "flying saucers", so what will this hull in particuliar have that will set it aside from the others ?

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 12, 2013, 04:00:42 AM »

Judging by the amount of thrusters on that thing, i expect it to be some kind of ram-ship with some crazy burn drive system.

Still, this is maybe my favorite flying saucer ship from your mod Thule. Love all those tubes thingies.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 12, 2013, 04:26:33 AM »

Yeah, mix it up a bit damn you!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 482