Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2222878 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #6960 on: June 22, 2017, 05:26:20 AM »

Sprite Judgement NOT on the top page?

Disgraceful!

WIP Venture (GM)

Is that a good amount of back armour? The grey is going to be replaced with greebling, giving it a sort of 'backend of shade' look.

Was also thinking of sticking a medium mount on the back, but I don't think I will...maybe?
Well, already two medium on the back, you can put a launch bay maybe ?  Or just greebling for say than this guy have a small more energy flux or cargo!, if you add a launch bay, he go have no cargo for fuel or supply.

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: June 22, 2017, 04:53:29 PM »

Well, already two medium on the back, you can put a launch bay maybe ?  Or just greebling for say than this guy have a small more energy flux or cargo!, if you add a launch bay, he go have no cargo for fuel or supply.

Apologies, forgot to explain.

The Venture (GM) is going to be an 'anchor ship', so to speak, for my race car faction the GMDA. While all the other ships are GOTTA GO FAST, with high speed and maneuverability in exchange for low armour, vastly reduced cargo and fuel stores, and practically non-existent CR peak time, this one will be (comparatively) slower and have a longer CR peak time. So while all the other ships are crashing and burning, this one will still be around to give them fighter cover. It'll be a lot more expensive to deploy, recover and maintain however, as it's supposed to be a heavy 'capital' cruiser.

Right now I was thinking three flight decks out the back (IE the really dark grey bits), 2 Ballistic mediums on the outer wings, 5 small composite turrets, and two medium hybrid hardpoints on the front. Was originally thinking of sticking a medium energy turret on the back to add more tactical variety. Now I'm thinking two medium missile hardpoints, in the larger grey 'voids' on the back between the blue armour, pointing out at 45 degrees, and changing the front hybrid hardpoints to ballistic.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: June 23, 2017, 03:43:29 AM »

Sprite Judgement NOT on the top page?

Disgraceful!

WIP Venture (GM)

Is that a good amount of back armour? The grey is going to be replaced with greebling, giving it a sort of 'backend of shade' look.

Was also thinking of sticking a medium mount on the back, but I don't think I will...maybe?

I spy GMDA Cruiser.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

JaneDoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: June 23, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: June 23, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »

Shading is too dark making the weapon mounts stick like a green thumb.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6965 on: June 23, 2017, 03:47:04 PM »

the turret mounts feels out of place.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: June 23, 2017, 04:15:59 PM »

(-image snipped-)

I adore the graceful compound curves of that hullform. The contour shading does a marvelous job of displaying the three-dimensionality of the ship. The overall effect is reminiscent of the egg-carrying mystery freighter from the "Alien" movies. I'd like to purchase a fleet of about 20 of these...do you accept cash, or credit?  ;)

Turret sprites may very well need to be customized instead of using vanilla sprites. Likewise for a touch less shadow density around the perimeter. This would add a great deal to the "realism" and believability of the ship. Such turret changes would make it mesh better with official hull sprites on account of "doing its own thing" in a way that's vanilla-inspired, without being merely vanilla-duplicated.

Ummmm...is it too soon to beg for more hulls of this same graphical standard? Streamlined styling and heavy use of the z-axis for the win! (Please?)
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: June 23, 2017, 04:52:08 PM »

That ship is sexier than anything I can ever come up with.

Try custom weapon mounts though. They stick out quite the bit. Other than that, this is one of the best sprites I have ever seen.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: June 23, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »

This thing looks so weird it almost looks like the Doom cruiser a little bit

JaneDoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: June 23, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: June 24, 2017, 12:24:44 AM »

Those mounts look a lot better, also looks like the engines could use a minute 3D treatment like how the rest of the ship looks.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: June 24, 2017, 10:20:50 PM »

I feel that it's shading is too harsh and needs a lower contrast, specifically the shadows are a bit too dark. Otherwise it's got a very nice alien feel to it.

In other news, while doing the Venture (GM), I noticed that the original GMDA ships were not up to snuff. So I did some tweaking. The Hammerhead at the bottom the original inspiration. Thoughts?

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: June 25, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »

In other news, while doing the Venture (GM), I noticed that the original GMDA ships were not up to snuff. So I did some tweaking. The Hammerhead at the bottom the original inspiration. Thoughts?

The changes on the frigates are spot on. They have the right shading that blends along with its mounts. Saturation overall is smoother and more level-headed which makes them proper rivals to the Tri-Tachyon.

The destroyer is more front-facial as the build stands for. Personally, it actually seen like the entire outer chassis was 3D printed and planted on top of the hull which is a good thing for a high-tech faction.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: June 25, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »

The destroyer is more front-facial as the build stands for. Personally, it actually seen like the entire outer chassis was 3D printed and planted on top of the hull which is a good thing for a high-tech faction.

If you mean top right, well, it's supposed to be a modified Falcon, so it's actually a light cruiser. As for the 3D printing look - it's kind of what I was aiming for. These ships' armour is essentially there to look good, not to be that functional. My question is: do they look too 'cartoony'? It was a common complaint when I released the original version.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: June 25, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »

My question is: do they look too 'cartoony'? It was a common complaint when I released the original version.

By my standards, no. The smoother shading helped the edges a lot in keeping the sprite too gritty to look at.

The destroyer still needs some work blending in with the vanilla parts. The lowest bow section (from the very top) had its midtones seemingly overused unless it is colored that way while the upper part within that section still felt cartoonish in a way since the paint somehow obscures its pigment from the rest of the ship. But overall it is decent.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 482