Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2210762 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #1905 on: July 23, 2013, 11:01:20 AM »

If you're looking for a coding project, let me know, I was going to try and find time to build a couple of big features before 0.6a but I suspect Alex will beat me to the punch :)

That's why I stick to vanilla features, you never know the direction the game is going :D.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: July 23, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »

Alrighty, while I have no idea what my release schedule might be, I have at least been thinking about Shadowyards during my sabbatical.  Have some concepts for a couple logistics type ships:

Spoiler

The Solidarity is a general purpose transport ship which is used for transporting modest amounts of cargo and personnel; she is rather fast for her size and uses a drive boosting system to help help evade pursuit.

The Lambent is the smallest Tanker produced by the workers co-op/rogue state Shadowyards Heavy Industries, and is mostly notable for being completely automated, though a small passenger berth is maintained in case of emergencies.

Both vessels are of destroyer size and are common utility ships used by SHI.
[close]

I will probably be changing the Solidarities engine section a bit and making it blend a bit more with the main hull.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #1907 on: July 23, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »

Very nice drawings. And knowing your other ships I can safely say that these will be kick-ass as well. :)

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: July 24, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »

@MShadowy
I have not much to say, maybe the tanker can use some more plating to make it resemble the others more?
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #1909 on: July 27, 2013, 02:50:44 AM »

I'm making some new, really tiny factions that'll hopefully add to keeping space interestingly busy.
Free Miners Guild;
Spoiler
[close]
This faction only has a fighter wing, 2 freighters and this bulky mining vessel. They'll be neutral and go about their own business.

Nexus:
Spoiler
[close]
A drone faction, they'll only have a frigate, cruiser and capital ship. All have ridiculously weak firepower on their own, they rely on their drones, which are horribly weak as well, but simply won't run out anytime soon.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »

I love the Miners look. I hope we'll see more ships type.

And for the Nexus, try not to make them too fast. It will quickly become annoying to run after something that can send tons of drones across the map. But otherwise yeah, they looks very cool.

Also maximilianyuen, this ship will be part of the Valkyrians or is it for another faction of his?

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #1911 on: July 27, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »

Nexus would take up little logistics/FP as well? If they aren't very strong, making them balanced by making their numbers insane would be interesting.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 27, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »

Feeling a bit down, so I did some work on the Lambent.

Spoiler
[close]

Slightly modified the design, hopefully the silhouette works.  As usual she's at about twice the size the final will be, she's likely to be a bit stubbier than the medium tanker.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 27, 2013, 04:49:58 PM »

Very nice MShadowy. It has a very distinct silhouette, setting it apart from your other ships, while still maintaining that Shadowyards look.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »

Got one of the flying wings done-ish. 

Here's the Acanthus, a Pirate vessel:

Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 27, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »

Oh, I quite like that ship.  Very interesting design; The ruddy vs bronze hull plating contrast works pretty well; additionally I rather like the greebliness of her shape.

Nice work!

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: July 27, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »

Yeah, I kinda picked that one first, simply because it was the most greebly of the new bunch; took forever to go from the pencil sketch to clean.  Figured I might as well get it knocked out before I tackled the others.  Not entirely happy with it, a couple of things went awry, but most of the things I'm not happy with are probably not fixable at this point without going back quite a bit so I'm probably going to call it done :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 27, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »

On a somewhat unrelated note, I finished the sketches for the first couple pages of an info-graphic kinda thing... but I don't think I'll continue it.

Probably would be more efficient just to type things out...

Spoiler

[close]

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: July 27, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »

Ermehgerd. Awesome. Bravo, dear shadowy! You are a special part of this community who contributes more that just a mod. You really enjoy fleshing out your lore, and take the time to support it with extra goodies like this comic-thing. You have my respect and adoration.  :D

Anyways, on the topic of artwork: Great job, of course. I really think that this would look excellent colored and polished some more. I know this is a personal problem, but I had a little bit of trouble trying to read some of the speech bubbles.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 27, 2013, 10:50:59 PM »

Thanks, I'm glad you like the thing.  In truth I'm a bit fond of it as well, but making these is pretty tedious.

As for the lettering, sorry bout that.  My handwriting is kinda bad...
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 482