Fractal Softworks Forum
August 22, 2017, 09:04:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: A True and Accurate History of the Persean Sector (8/16/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 73388 times)
Serenitis
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »

In name_gen_data.csv
line 919 (Big Ping)
A typo in the tags field: "plane" instead of "planet"
Embolism
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 07, 2017, 09:45:15 AM »

Missed typos in the latest build:

Spark-class interceptor: "... the chassis instead cradles a miniturized..." should be "miniaturized".

Warthog-class assault fighter: "Boasting superb armor with firewpower..." should be "firepower".

Pirate variant Afflictor and Shade-class frigates: "... much of the TriTachyon phase fleet was irreperably..." should be "irreparably", also "Tri-Tachyon" maybe.

Wayfarer-class combat freighter: "... the Wayfarer does not cut close the ruthless economy that would suite it for bulk trade..." should be "suit".

Valkyrie-class troop transport: "The Valkyrie-class ship a standard destroyer-sized troop transport..." should be "ship is a".

Aurora-class cruiser: "The shields are backed up by hyper-advanced flux dissipation system..." should either be "by a hyper-advanced" or "systems". "Most blueprints required to manufacture an Aurora-class ships..." should either be "an Aurora-class ship or "Aurora-class ships".

Gryphon-class missile cruiser: "... allowing for mid-battle replensihment of missile stocks." Should be "replenishment".

D-class hull descriptions: "Ships that would be decomissioned in quieter times..." should be "decommissioned". Didn't know about this one until it popped up as a spelling error when looking through the Mora (below). The more you know.

Cerberus-class combat freighter: "... filled with both danger and opportunities; The abilities of the Cerberus..." not a typo, but semicolon followed by a capitalised word.

Mora-class carrier: "... the Mora was nontheless decomissioned en masse as doctrine shifted to favour heavier guns..." should be "nonetheless" and "decommissioned".
David
Global Moderator
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »

Missed typos in the latest build:
In name_gen_data.csv
line 919 (Big Ping)
A typo in the tags field: "plane" instead of "planet"

Fixed these all up, thank you!
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:25 AM »

Brilliant has "No description... yet"

It doesn't appear in codex, but this could still be annoying with mods and/or when mousing over the bottom-left of screen in the Tab overview screen.

nomadic_leader
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2017, 06:13:28 PM »

The description of transplutonic ore/metal appears to be wrong. I'm not an expert I'm just gleaning this from wikipedia. Maybe this is an argument for just calling it Rare Metal.

Refined heavy and exotic elements including rare earths, actinides, and more exotic elements essential to advanced industrial and research applications.

Transplutonic means with a higher atomic number than plutonium (Z = 94)

rare earths: Z = 21-71  These are not transplutonic
actinides: Z = 89 - 103 These are fine
more exotic elements: Vague is always safe; these are fine.

It's fine if sci-fi makes up new terms. But I don't see the point of taking a real term, which this iscitation, and using it incorrectly. Starsector already does this with 'mothball' and 'skeleton crew,' and it's annoying.

David
Global Moderator
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »

The description of transplutonic ore/metal appears to be wrong. I'm not an expert I'm just gleaning this from wikipedia. Maybe this is an argument for just calling it Rare Metal.

Refined heavy and exotic elements including rare earths, actinides, and more exotic elements essential to advanced industrial and research applications.

Transplutonic means with a higher atomic number than plutonium (Z = 94)

rare earths: Z = 21-71  These are not transplutonic
actinides: Z = 89 - 103 These are fine
more exotic elements: Vague is always safe; these are fine.

It's fine if sci-fi makes up new terms. But I don't see the point of taking a real term, which this iscitation, and using it incorrectly. Starsector already does this with 'mothball' and 'skeleton crew,' and it's annoying.

Ah jeez, this is error due to a holdover from when it was "rare metals". We tightened the definition with the rename but I neglected to update the description. Will fix! (Because this sort of thing drives me crazy as well.)
Wapno
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »

The description of Neutrino Detector ability has "(...)and occasionally fleets - at exteme ranges" - the R from extreme is missing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:55:52 PM by Wapno » Logged
Wapno
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »

Got another one:
When you try to attack friendly independents with transponder on, the dialog will say "The the independents are not currently hostile, and you have been positively identified(...)". There's a double "the" at the beginning.
andre2
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:42 AM »

The Wolf frigate is listed 2 times under ship hulls in the Codex.
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2017, 04:01:09 AM »

In the process of testing a custom Scintilla (the destroyer-sized Remnant carrier) variant, stumbled upon this:

"The Scintilla light carrier is able to deploy two wings of drone fighters in combat. Although only able to mount light beam weapons, the Scintilal may bear a formidible missile loadout."

(Actually I only noticed the first one initially, but the text box I'm typing in here is showing "formidible" as a typo too, and I'm pretty sure it should be "formidable".)

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
David
Global Moderator
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »

Fixed all typos mentioned in the last four posts. Thanks AxleMC131, andre2, and Wapno!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
  Print  

Jump to: