Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 242713 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2015, 11:31:06 AM »

Not really a typo, but whatever: Neither the Gryphon's description not the description of its system make any mention that it costs 15%CR to use. They both just reference the flux costs, suggesting that the system has no other drawbacks.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »

Just now a bounty on one Conrad Mccarthy was posted. You know, instead of McCarthy. Can a typo be too insignificant? Maybe, maybe not 0:)

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »

When trying to open a comm link with a hostile faction but declines.
"It apprears that the enemy fleet doesn't feel the need to talk to you....(etc)"

Edit- I should mention I did have my mod enabled but I never touched comm dialog.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »

Codex text for brawler still says it can be deployed "indefinitely", which is no longer the case.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »

In person_names.csv, I'm guessing the second set of "future" names (with the non-European surnames) should be tagged "world" instead.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »

The Luddic path description has two short dashes, instead of one long dash. Also there are three "can" in the third-to-last sentence, one too many.

Same thing in the Dire Straits description, end of the third paragraph.

Fixed!

Not really a typo, but whatever: Neither the Gryphon's description not the description of its system make any mention that it costs 15%CR to use. They both just reference the flux costs, suggesting that the system has no other drawbacks.

(Going to let Alex figure out what he wants to do here.)

Just now a bounty on one Conrad Mccarthy was posted. You know, instead of McCarthy. Can a typo be too insignificant? Maybe, maybe not 0:)

Fixed! And fixed all Mc-something names while I was at it. Also found a bunch of legitimate first names not being used as such; fixed. (Also added a few more names while I was at it. And discovered that all the marines from Aliens are in there - I see what you did there Ivaylo!)

When trying to open a comm link with a hostile faction but declines.
"It apprears that the enemy fleet doesn't feel the need to talk to you....(etc)"

Edit- I should mention I did have my mod enabled but I never touched comm dialog.

Fixed!

Codex text for brawler still says it can be deployed "indefinitely", which is no longer the case.

Fixed!

In person_names.csv, I'm guessing the second set of "future" names (with the non-European surnames) should be tagged "world" instead.

Yeah. Fixed!

(Thanks for pointing these out, everyone.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2015, 03:03:32 PM »

Found three typos in the codex for weapons:
Missile pods mention being able to fire two missiles at once when both the harpoons and sabots fire four
Heavy Mauler typo: "...each shell ogive is charged..." I think the ogive is a typo
The Storm Needler mentions that it can fire almost non stop which IIRC was the old gun and now it can fire non stop as long as the ship can handle the flux
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »

Found three typos in the codex for weapons:
Missile pods mention being able to fire two missiles at once when both the harpoons and sabots fire four
Heavy Mauler typo: "...each shell ogive is charged..." I think the ogive is a typo
The Storm Needler mentions that it can fire almost non stop which IIRC was the old gun and now it can fire non stop as long as the ship can handle the flux

1. Fixed.
2. Ogive refers to the shape of part of the shell, apparently, so this is correct. (I learned something today!)
3. Fixed.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »

Again stretching the definition of "typo": All of Eventides descriptions reference solar shades, but only solar mirrors are visible.

Should we maybe have a distinct thread for lore/world-building inconsistencies?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »

Again stretching the definition of "typo": All of Eventides descriptions reference solar shades, but only solar mirrors are visible.

It's all about point of view ... I mean, there are a few narrow cones of space where they ARE shades, right?

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »

In the Kite description, first big paragraph, fourth line: space /aircraft instead of space/aircraft.
In other news, I just found an O version of this beauty and will use it to fly around in stile during battle and just observe the proceedings from my executive viewing dome 8)  

It's all about point of view ... I mean, there are a few narrow cones of space where they ARE shades, right?

Technically correct...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:05:08 PM by Gothars »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »

Gauss cannon still references depleted infernium.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »

Whoops, I totally forgot to put in the shades! Poor Eventide; bet they're all roasting on the sunward side.

(I'm cool with using this thread for inconsistencies.)

Gauss cannon still references depleted infernium.

Fixed!

In the Kite description, first big paragraph, fourth line: space /aircraft instead of space/aircraft.
In other news, I just found an O version of this beauty and will use it to fly around in stile during battle and just observe the proceedings from my executive viewing dome 8) 

I think Alex fixed this!

(Also I'm probably going to rename the O version to the S - for "stock" - version because the O and D are really hard to tell apart in the Orbitron font.)

Technically correct...

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2015, 12:51:12 AM »

According to codex, Heavy Machine Gun has double 'ram prevention'. Is it by any chance 'jam prevention'? Or does 'ram' has another meaning I do not know?

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

According to codex, Heavy Machine Gun has double 'ram prevention'. Is it by any chance 'jam prevention'? Or does 'ram' has another meaning I do not know?
It's "double ram" prevention.  The idea being you prevent two cartridges from being rammed into one barrel, which would result in Bad Things happening.

Maybe make it "double-ram prevention"?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65