Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 242904 times)

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #450 on: December 04, 2018, 06:29:41 PM »

Brawler frigate description mention destroyer grade power generator but it got nothing special related to CR still being drained by single frigate so either change this text or add some -50% CR degradation hull mod to it as counter part to delicate machinery from phase ships :)

Brawler used to have top-tier flux stats, something like 3500 capacity and 300 flux dissipation. IMO it should have it back again, especially the TT variant.

Bloodyaugust

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2018, 09:05:07 PM »

In the "snag an AI core for an academic met in a bar"(Technology Cache) mission, "per-Collapse" should be "pre-Collapse".

basildazz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 16, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »

A sort of typo, on the create faction screen, the ui requests a 3-letter designation for ships in your fleet, after completion, salvaged ships have this new designation, ships built by your manufactories retain ISS-********

wonderingmonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 16, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »

In the colony size tooltip: "Colony size determines the base income and upkeep from all industries and stuctures, and the base production [...]"

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 25, 2018, 12:52:48 AM »

Not strictly a typo, but the Unstable Injector hullmod fails to specify in its description that it only reduces the range of Ballistic and Energy weapons, and leaves missiles untouched just like Integrated Targeting Unit or any of the other range mods. Not a big deal, I'm sure, but someone in the Discord thought it applied to missiles too and had to be corrected, so might be worth explaining that away.

Unstable Injector
Increases the ship's top speed in combat by 25/20/15/15 su/second, depending on hull size.

Interferes with weapons targeting and other vulnerable systems, reducing weapon range by 15% and increasing the fighter replacement time by 25%.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 12:54:48 AM by AxleMC131 »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »

Dominator listed in shop as (Heavy CL) which is like heavy light cruiser? Change it to Heavy CA to reflect its role as heavy cruiser.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2018, 09:21:17 PM »

Asher is missing its population market condition (commented out in Canaan's economy json).

EDIT: Also Suddene has a Mining industry that does nothing, as there are no mineable conditions on the planet.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:25:45 PM by Histidine »

iamseron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 30, 2018, 12:02:09 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:09:23 PM by iamseron »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #458 on: December 30, 2018, 01:34:01 AM »

Placing a market in hyperspace causes the transponder nag dialog to appear when jumping to hyper, which is mildly annoying.

Spoiler
[close]

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2018, 06:48:50 AM »

In the Intel screen there is difference in display of Bounty time left between the list view and details view:

Spoiler
[close]

iamseron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »

This isn't a typo per se but seems clumsily written.
Spoiler
[close]

I would suggest rewriting it like this:
Spoiler
A large but otherwise unremarkable metallic/silicate planetoid caught in the L4 point of Salus. Nortia was chiefly known for seasonal robotic mining operations and illicit drug production prior to being inundated with refugees during the Askonia Crisis.  Now it forms the strongest independent base of Charterist rebels in the system.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:55:13 PM by iamseron »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 31, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »

Thank you all, fixed a bunch of these up!

In the Intel screen there is difference in display of Bounty time left between the list view and details view:

Hmm, the screenshot seems to be inaccessible, and looking at the code, I'm not immediately seeing the problem.

Placing a market in hyperspace causes the transponder nag dialog to appear when jumping to hyper, which is mildly annoying.

Fixed!

Spoiler
[close]

I think the implication is that larch6 is some sort of genetic modification of the original larch.

... or it could be a typo, but I suspect it's not. (David wrote this, so I can't say with 100% certainty :))

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »

Hmm, the screenshot seems to be inaccessible, and looking at the code, I'm not immediately seeing the problem.

The screenshot definitely shows for me, even on another computer. Anyway sending it to you via PM.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 03, 2019, 09:59:12 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

I think the implication is that larch6 is some sort of genetic modification of the original larch.

... or it could be a typo, but I suspect it's not. (David wrote this, so I can't say with 100% certainty :))

(Yeah, I've altered this to make the implication more clear.)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 04, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »

Not sure if this belongs here of not.

I've been noticing some instances of planets being called "World". And it looks kind of like it wants some form of possessive in front of it, like "Schar's World", "Zennon's World" etc.
Its in name_gen_data.csv @ line 1170.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 65