Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 243077 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »

It's not technically a typo, but design type doesn't show up in the codex.

Reinhark

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 27, 2018, 05:47:32 PM »

Technically not a typo, but rather a misleading logic hole in hyperspace storm's description:

"In addition, storm strikes toss the fleet's drive bubble about with great violence, often causing a loss of control. Some commanders are known to use these to gain additional speed, and to save fuel"

This is untrue - hyperspace storms do not let you save fuel, as the amount of fuel depends on the distance traveled. You just travel faster. The fuel usage will dramatically spike when you speed up with the storm, so you burn the same amount as if you flew the same distance slower.

@Wapno fuel use is capped at burn 20, so if you use a storm to go faster than that, you're saving fuel

Not true.
Speed 26:

Speed 20:

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 27, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »

It's true, that indicator is just off. Fixed!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 27, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

while we're on that UI, running your fleet thru hyperspace storms when you don't have enough crew to keep up with the damages breaks the "days till repaired" UI space, which I noticed can run completely over the UI element and into campaign map (tho I don't have a pic atm) when your fleet won't be repaired for millions of days
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 28, 2018, 02:31:44 PM »

Ship name "Ten Thousand Lightyears" from SPACE name list gets truncated in fleet view to "Ten Thousand Ltyears" due to lack of space. It barely firs in ship name windows in refit screen too. Maybe rename it to 10K instead of ten thousand to save space.

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2018, 10:29:03 AM »

starsector_install-0.9a-RC10.exe defaults folder naming to Starsector.v0.8.1a

This is a little awkward and tripped me up when I first installed.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2018, 02:03:52 AM »

"Commission request when hostile" rule cmsn_lolNo (rules.csv row 536) checks memory flag $faction.isHostile.
But under the current core campaign plugin, only entity memory gets that flag; the faction equivalent is $hostileToPlayer.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »

On the Intel screen, when you go to the "Planets" tab and hover the pointer over the "Hazard" column, the tooltip that comes up says that values in red indicate hazard rating beyond your ability of surveying, possibly referring to no longer existent "Surveying" skill.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 02, 2018, 11:18:07 AM »

"Commission request when hostile" rule cmsn_lolNo (rules.csv row 536) checks memory flag $faction.isHostile.
But under the current core campaign plugin, only entity memory gets that flag; the faction equivalent is $hostileToPlayer.
On the Intel screen, when you go to the "Planets" tab and hover the pointer over the "Hazard" column, the tooltip that comes up says that values in red indicate hazard rating beyond your ability of surveying, possibly referring to no longer existent "Surveying" skill.

Thank you, fixed up both of these.

Huh? That's not happening on my end, it just goes into a "Starsector" folder, w/ no version number, and always has. Could you clarify what you mean?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2018, 02:46:44 AM »

Quote from: Description of Ailmar, Westernesse
[...] forests of larch6 clustered in volcanic provinces.
Is that number supposed to be there?
Quote from: Description of Laicaille Habitat, Isirah
Laicaille was see, was conquered [...]
Seen?
And Laicaille Habitat's Mining's illustration looks just the same as planetary mining. If you plan on keeping space stations with mining, then asteroid mining image is in order.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 03, 2018, 08:30:53 AM »

Quote from: Description of Ailmar, Westernesse
[...] forests of larch6 clustered in volcanic provinces.
Is that number supposed to be there?
Quote from: Description of Laicaille Habitat, Isirah
Laicaille was see, was conquered [...]
Seen?
And Laicaille Habitat's Mining's illustration looks just the same as planetary mining. If you plan on keeping space stations with mining, then asteroid mining image is in order.

Ah. I've clarified in the text that "larch6" refers to a genetically modified version of larch.

I do think the mine illustration can plausibly be interpreted as being on an asteroid surface, right?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 03, 2018, 09:02:43 AM »

Huh? That's not happening on my end, it just goes into a "Starsector" folder, w/ no version number, and always has. Could you clarify what you mean?

I think the installer either stores (in the registry, probably) where you last installed to, or it looks for an existing Starsector installation.

ouzomezes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 04, 2018, 02:26:33 AM »

AI Inspection -> Comply

The text goes: "The local authorities will comply ... standing with the Hegemony to fall based on the nuber of AI cores found."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 02:29:06 AM by ouzomezes »

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 04, 2018, 08:29:27 AM »

The description of transplutonic ore/metal appears to be wrong. I'm not an expert I'm just gleaning this from wikipedia. Maybe this is an argument for just calling it Rare Metal.

Refined heavy and exotic elements including rare earths, actinides, and more exotic elements essential to advanced industrial and research applications.

Transplutonic means with a higher atomic number than plutonium (Z = 94)

rare earths: Z = 21-71  These are not transplutonic
actinides: Z = 89 - 103 These are fine
more exotic elements: Vague is always safe; these are fine.

It's fine if sci-fi makes up new terms. But I don't see the point of taking a real term, which this iscitation, and using it incorrectly. Starsector already does this with 'mothball' and 'skeleton crew,' and it's annoying.

Ah jeez, this is error due to a holdover from when it was "rare metals". We tightened the definition with the rename but I neglected to update the description. Will fix! (Because this sort of thing drives me crazy as well.)

Ah Jeez. the descriptions are still wrong :(  Rare earths are not transplutonic.  Half the actinids are not transplutonic. Yet the description says that these are included within transplutonic.

The lore generally needs an overhaul now that they are transplutonics and not rare metals (the very idea of transplutonic ore is a bit odd), and I intend to make a post  either in suggestions or lore forum, not sure yet which.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 04, 2018, 05:38:07 PM »

Brawler frigate description mention destroyer grade power generator but it got nothing special related to CR still being drained by single frigate so either change this text or add some -50% CR degradation hull mod to it as counter part to delicate machinery from phase ships :)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 65