Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 241671 times)

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #390 on: November 17, 2018, 03:53:36 AM »

Hi,

After a survey, i obtained a data with a small typo (i think, unless it's an english world i don't know).

Here in

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 17, 2018, 11:12:45 AM »

It's a real word.

herein
/h??r??n/Submit
adverb - FORMAL
  in this document or book.
    "the Company does not accept responsibility for any information contained herein"
  used to introduce something that depends on or arises from what has just been mentioned.
    "the statues are sensual to the point of erotic and herein lies their interest"

- Google define

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 17, 2018, 01:22:52 PM »

The Harbinger still has a paragraph about the Entropy Amplifier. Should probably go to the Afflictor now instead.

RickyRio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 17, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »

Not sure if this is a bug or a typo, But in the description of hyperspace storms the last paragraph (circled in image) talks about using "storm riding" for additional speed and to save fuel. it does NOT save fuel as your speed above 20 burn speed consumes more fuel as it normally would.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:58:08 AM by RickyRio »

Chow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 17, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »

Starsector0.9a_RC6

The description for Ion Storm: "...<ost ships are not built to withstand prolonged exposure to the..." should be "Most".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 17, 2018, 11:50:07 PM »

Description for the Sensors skill level 2: 'Doubles the effectivness of the "Go Dark" ability' should be 'effectiveness'.

Description for the Salvaging skill: 'The skills required to get the find the most valuable items...' should be 'get the' or 'find the'.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:44:08 AM by Embolism »

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 18, 2018, 05:58:18 AM »

Description for Eventide when docking: "The prevailing ethos of Eventide (or the local inheritence laws, depending on who you ask) lends itself to..." should be 'inheritance'.

The star Arcadia doesn't have a description.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:44:18 AM by Embolism »

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #397 on: November 18, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »

Iron storm spelling error: "...<ost ships are not built to withstand...", should be "...Most ships are not built to withstand..."
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 19, 2018, 02:38:42 AM »

The Shrike: "Certain unique structural elements in the plasma venting system are known to, which wear, corrode in oxygen-rich atmospheres, so care must be taken to re-apply ceramopolymer coating at each hull servicing."

3 things. 'Which' is probably meant to be 'with'. 'Re-apply ceramopolymer coating' sounds odd, maybe it should be 're-apply its ceramopolymer coating'. Lastly, I wouldn't have thought a ship-to-ship combat Destroyer would be atmosphere-capable, which makes the oxygen-rich atmosphere sentence a bit off. Even if it were I can't imagine Shrikes spend a lot of time in atmospheres.

A few that aren't typos, but just don't flow well when read:

Perdition Bomber: "Great faith is required to pilot this haphazard vehicle into battle because its survivability stats should dissuade any rational crew." Sentence structure is odd: I would split it in two, "Great faith is required to pilot this haphazard vehicle. Its survivability stats should dissuade any rational crew."

Hammer-class torpedo: the first sentence about its ubiquity and civilian applications was added when Daggers used Hammers, to explain why military-grade bombers used asteroid poppers. It's not needed anymore and IMO ruins the next sentence which is a much better opening: "The go-to strike weapon of the desperately under-equipped..."

The first paragraph of every description is treated differently as a concise, usually mechanic-based descriptor for a ship/weapon, with lore spiels coming after. This seems to becoming more inconsistent, with some descriptions beginning with a paragraph of lore which then appears on ships/weapons as its concise description.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:58:36 AM by Embolism »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #399 on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:29 AM »

This error is still present in 0.9a RC9
Not sure if this counts as a typo, but the Picket-class drone has the same description as the Warden-class drone, even mentioning the Warden.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 19, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »

dunno if y'all noticed or not but battlestations seem to be throwing "null" or equivalent in the battlefield tactical view tooltip.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #401 on: November 19, 2018, 08:01:20 PM »

Quantum Disruptor's long-form description (in codex) still says it reduces energy damage, although patch notes says this was removed.

Harbinger's description was not changed when it got Quantum Disruptor, so it's still written as if it uses Entropy Amplifier.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »

dunno if y'all noticed or not but battlestations seem to be throwing "null" or equivalent in the battlefield tactical view tooltip.

Could you be a little more specific? :)

(Thanks for the other stuff here, everyone - will go through it prior to the .1 release.)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 19, 2018, 09:37:03 PM »

I went to war with the Hegemony just to get this screen lol

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:39:31 PM by Deshara »
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 19, 2018, 10:22:21 PM »

Quote from: Decivilized Subpopulation
Civilization has been brough back to parts of $market, often at the point of a gauss rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65