Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 242719 times)

Reth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2017, 03:27:03 AM »

In the Rampart Drone's description:
"...the Rampart was designed with high module components..."

Should be "modular".

highly modular
ps: I feel like such a grammar nazi now
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:30:08 AM by Reth »

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »

Is 'Epithany' meant to be Epithany? Not Epiphany?

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2017, 09:35:47 PM »

in The Hornet's Nest, all enemy Condors share the same ship name...

got a little lazy with copy pasting there alex?
mmm.... tartiflette

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2017, 07:25:01 PM »

@market_conditions.csv, Thin Atmosphere
A rareified atmosphere clings determinedly to $market's surface.
did you mean rarified?

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Typo - Fleet Logistics "crtitical"
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2017, 05:14:14 AM »

subj

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2017, 06:01:29 AM »

Name generator can get same name and surname.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2017, 07:06:22 AM »

I guess that the pollution is of the compost type...

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »

in The Hornet's Nest, all enemy Condors share the same ship name...

got a little lazy with copy pasting there alex?

That was all me! Fixed.

Also fixed:
  • Ion Pulser
  • Epiphany
  • modular, etc.
  • veterans
  • be be
  • niches
  • "if you into"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:22:12 PM by David »

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2017, 02:12:09 AM »

Athulf in Westernesse: "A remnent..." should be "remnant".

Suddene in the same system: "the predominent carbon dioxide..." should be "predominant". Actually since this is a generic description it applies to a lot more planets than Suddene. Also why does an inhabited world have a generic description :(.

Hikmah in Zagan: "cryovolcanos" should be "cryovolcanoes". A generic description.

Culann in Hybrasil: "... incomprehensible AI-epithany" should be "epiphany".

Cethlenn in Hybrasil: "... and methane glaciars" should be "glaciers".

Chupi Orco in Yma-Warawara: "composes of hydrogen and helium gasses" should be "gases". A generic description.

The Reaper-class torpedo: "A single unguided torpedo of devasting yield..." should be "devastating".

The railgun: "A high-tech improvement of the Autocanon..." should be "autocannon", and maybe shouldn't be capitalised. Ditto "Gauss Cannon" and again "Autocannon" in the next two paragraphs, especially as "railgun" isn't capitalised.

The Monitor-class Frigate: "... with the ability to withstand prolonged bombardment from enemy ordinance" should be "ordnance".

The Quantum Disruptior system: "Exploits weakly acasual princpiples..." should be "principles".

The description for Hyperspace (when your fleet's flying over it): "... to side-step the speed of light for instellar travel" should be "interstellar".

The description for Deep Hyperspace: "... hindering performance for even hyperspace-callibrated equipment" should be "calibrated".

The description for Hyperspace Storms: "... leading to wildly flucuating resonance cascades" should be "fluctuating".

... Now, the ones below aren't typos but are a bit weird.

I don't really follow the story of Laicaille Habitat in Isirah. It was captured by Leonis, then retaken (from Leonis???) by a far less fearsome pirate king after the Kazeron applied pressure to the Luddic Church, and thus is a minor addition to the League... what? I get the feeling that "by a subsequent pirate king" should be "from a subsequent pirate king", because presumably Kazeron took it... unless the description is completely skipping over how Kazeron then took the station from said "less fearsome pirate king".

Kapteyn Shipworks, also in Isirah. "... and modified heavily, tumerously ever since". "Tumerously" is a funny word, but I digress: the comma should probably be an "and" instead since there's only two adjectives here. The next sentence after this one ends with "... and has remained in pirate hands ever since." That's two uses of "ever since" in two consecutive sentences, sounds weird.

Yesod in Zagan has a similar quirk... "due to the AM-fuel facility" followed by "due to the Collapse" in the next sentence. Also "the AM-fuel facility", maybe "its (Yesod's) AM-fuel facility" instead?

Arjun's World in Mayasura (I think this is a generic description): "... rocked by quakes and explosions, where the surface is not covered by seas of cooled lava, it is dominated by rough peaks..." this sentence kind of runs on a bit, there should probably be a full stop instead of a comma after "quakes and explosions". And then "which eject the abundance of volatile gases that form a tenuous, toxic, and corrosive atmosphere" should probably be "an abundance", since it talks of "an atmosphere" rather than "the atmosphere".

Achaman in the Magec-Achaman system is the only white dwarf star to have a unique description, but it just goes into more detail of white dwarves... seems like it should be the generic description replacing the current generic white dwarf description, which is much less detailed.

Donn in Hybrasil: "... captured by Hybrasil's primary..." but Hybrasil is the only star in the system, so shouldn't it just be "captured by Hybrasil"?

Qaras in Yma-Warawara: "... using in-place infrastructure & stockpiles" it uses an ampersand! Please replace it with "and" for my sanity!

Skathi in Valhalla-Ragnar: "... form most of the crust over a rocky silicate /ice mantle..." there's a space between "silicate" and "/ice".

Barad in Corvus: the description mentions the "ATC" which I assume stands for "Asharu Terraforming Corporation", but the acronym isn't explained anywhere. There's mention of an "Asharu terraforming project" in the description of the abandoned terraforming platform, but that's about it. Bit weird for a backwater frontier world to have its own dedicated terraforming corp though, given the dominance of Eridani-Utopia.

The heavy mauler: "When leaving the firing chamber, each shell ogive..." what's a shell "ogive"? Also the description sometimes capitalises "Heavy Mauler" and sometimes doesn't, should probably not be capitalised.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:17:23 AM by Embolism »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »

Persean League Ships in game got PLSS acronym but in Coral Nebula mission it is just PLS. Also in mission For the Greater Ludd heavy cruiser still named ESS Praxis (old Exar designation) instead of PLSS Praxis (as it comes from League world) .

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »

(lots)

Fantastic feedback, thank you. Corrected and clarified a ton of stuff. And today I learned about "gases" vs. "gasses".

"Ogive", btw, is from Ivaylo and is something I had to look up- it refers to the curved bullet-shape of shell, basically. Super obscure, but I feel it's valid.

Persean League Ships in game got PLSS acronym but in Coral Nebula mission it is just PLS. Also in mission For the Greater Ludd heavy cruiser still named ESS Praxis (old Exar designation) instead of PLSS Praxis (as it comes from League world) .

Cleaned up!

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2017, 07:49:14 PM »

I may or may not spend my spare time reading through the Codex.

Spark-class interceptor: "... the chassis instead cradles a miniturized..." should be "miniaturized".

Warthog-class assault fighter: "Boasting superb armor with firewpower..." should be "firepower".

Pirate variant Afflictor and Shade-class frigates: "... much of the TriTachyon phase fleet was irreperably..." should be "irreparably", also "Tri-Tachyon" maybe.

Wayfarer-class combat freighter: "... the Wayfarer does not cut close the ruthless economy that would suite it for bulk trade..." should be "suit". "... and the crossed arcs of ones own gun turrets are the best comfort to be found in the cold reach of space." No typo but damned poetic. Brings a tear to my eye :'( ;D.

Valkyrie-class troop transport: "The Valkyrie-class ship a standard destroyer-sized troop transport..." should be "ship is a".

Aurora-class cruiser: "The shields are backed up by hyper-advanced flux dissipation system..." should either be "by a hyper-advanced" or "systems". "Most blueprints required to manufacture an Aurora-class ships..." should either be "an Aurora-class ship or "Aurora-class ships".

Gryphon-class missile cruiser: "... allowing for mid-battle replensihment of missile stocks." Should be "replenishment".

D-class hull descriptions: "Ships that would be decomissioned in quieter times..." should be "decommissioned". Didn't know about this one until it popped up as a spelling error when looking through the Mora (below). The more you know.

Not (all) typos:

Cerberus-class combat freighter: "... and mass/thrust ratio loss caused by heavier armour..." isn't a typo but inconsistent use of British/American spelling. Spelt as "armor" everywhere else. Also: "... filled with both danger and opportunities; The abilities of the Cerberus..." again not a typo, but semicolon followed by a capitalised word.

Hyperion-class frigate: "... modifications of this ship class are not taxing on in flux shunts..." sounds weird. Then again the Hyperion's description is quite outdated so I imagine it may get a revamped one at some point?

Mora-class carrier: "Armoured to withstand the fury of battle alongside the Onslaught..." okay so it isn't spelt as "armor" everywhere else, but still. There are typos here though: "... the Mora was nontheless decomissioned en masse as doctrine shifted to favour heavier guns..." should be "nonetheless" and "decommissioned", and "favor" for American spelling. "... and used as armoured power-stations and workshops..." again, "armored" (are you turning British? :D).

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2017, 09:29:52 PM »

(are you turning British? :D).

-- Actually, kind of. I'm American but I've lived in Canada for the last, um, ... 15 years. So some aspects of crazy Canadian spelling have rubbed off on me (colour, armour), but others have not; I refuse to spell "center" as "centre". It's simply unnatural.

(... carrying on for just one more moment, I also - now - can't stand how Americans pronounce "niche" and "clique".)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #328 on: May 13, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »

The ship name of the first-time Distress Call responder (line 270 of com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.DistressCallAbility.java) has an erroneous ship prefix (IS In All Circumstances).

("Mel Greenish" a friend of yours, David/Alex? ;D)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »

Drover's first paragraph is overly long and if you move mouse over "?" button in fleet screen, it covers almost half the screen... Well, it's VERY big for sure! Kite's first paragraph is also long. Likewise Legion's, Monitor's, Mudskipper's, Shepherd's first paragraphs are, but aren't as jarring as in Drover and Kite case.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 65