Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Exar War (new system dynamic war mod) WIP Beta release v0.90b  (Read 36367 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: The Exar War (new system dynamic war mod) WIP Alpha release v0.80a
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 02:01:47 PM »

updated with invasion fleets, reclamation fleet coming up next

not save compatible sadly
mmm.... tartiflette

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: The Exar War (new system dynamic war mod) WIP Alpha release v0.81a
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:49 PM »

Oh, so you take my quote? ;D
Anyways, I'll test it out!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »

sorry, download again...

this one is bugged
mmm.... tartiflette

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

This sounds fun. I'll be watching this thread, and giving it a whirl.

I'll miss the Gun Runners mod, though, since I highly doubt it's compatible with this mod. Oh well.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »

yeah... it's not unfortunately...

the Exar War will use a completely different method of spawning that is designed to operate under the possibility of the home station changing hands...

maybe after this is done I can make a faction compilation with capturable stations... wouldn't that be fun?

Maybe I can help an existing faction compilation with that....
mmm.... tartiflette

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 10:08:58 AM »

The lack of Tri-Tachyon ships, and the rarity of non-fighters makes it quite difficult to build up effective fleets, imo.

I'm currently running a Conquest, Two Hyperions, Two Carriers and then the rest in Fighters because there is nothing else available (specially since hegemony stick so close to their own stations).

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

Tritach ships are quite available.

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »

The lack of Tri-Tachyon ships, and the rarity of non-fighters makes it quite difficult to build up effective fleets, imo.
High tech ships aren't the only way to build an effective fleet.

And as Wriath said, there is indeed a Tri-Tachyon station with quite a few ships. Not many fighters/bombers, or capitals, but it has multiple frigates, some destroyers, and some cruisers.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »

Two words for anyone who thinks you need hightech to win... Heavy Maulers.

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »

High tech ships aren't the only way to build an effective fleet.

And as Wriath said, there is indeed a Tri-Tachyon station with quite a few ships. Not many fighters/bombers, or capitals, but it has multiple frigates, some destroyers, and some cruisers.

I know, but there is a good portion of the vanilla ships that are missing for purchase (and have not seen in any fleets), which makes building fleets somewhat problematic.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »

like tritach cap ships?

The oddy is not in atm i think

for the paragon you have to wait for the quarterly Tri-tach delegation to arrive, it's either gonna be a carrier group or a battlefleet, then hunt them and hope you get a board...

The tri-tach are supposed to be a minor faction in Exar, didn't seem fitting to give them cap ships in stations
mmm.... tartiflette

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:32 PM »

I'm currently running a Conquest, Two Hyperions, Two Carriers and then the rest in Fighters because there is nothing else available (specially since hegemony stick so close to their own stations).

can't you buy cruisers and onslaught in the hege hq?

I seem to remember adding them there
mmm.... tartiflette

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »

can't you buy cruisers and onslaught in the hege hq?

I seem to remember adding them there

Yup! They're there. Just the Tri-Tach capital ships, as well as the Doom are not spawning in their station.

It also seems that the easiest way to take out a station is to swoop in with 200k in credits, buy all the supplies, and immediately jettison it all so you don't instantly explode. Kind of amusing though; capitalism at work!

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »

It also seems that the easiest way to take out a station is to swoop in with 200k in credits, buy all the supplies, and immediately jettison it all so you don't instantly explode. Kind of amusing though; capitalism at work!
Player: "I want to buy all your supplies."
Station: "But we need those supplies! We cannot operate without them!"
*Player shows two 100k credit chits*
*Station owners stash chits and open up the entire cargo bay*

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 12:42:34 AM »

Yup! They're there. Just the Tri-Tach capital ships, as well as the Doom are not spawning in their station.

ya... I'm still playing around with high tech capboats... as I said, right now the only way to get paragon or astral are to wait for the delegations with the doom and oddy not in the mod.

current plan is to add doom into the phase group, and the oddy as random explorers that comes around (maybe in merc forces). But I don't think any of those (except for maybe the doom) are going on sale anytime soon...

that is indeed the case...

200000 will buy you about enough for a detachment, which in the finished mod won't make too big a difference. (hopefully, balance is kinda out of whack right now...) In the dev build, you need to be 250000 up in supplies and a quarter that in fuel to launch an invasion, so if you have 2 mil to spare I guess....

v0.90b beta should be out in the next 2-3 days, with capturable stations and all (a little work-around I thought up, working well right now). Unfortunately the computer I'm running on right now can barely run sf (10 fps on a good day, and that's before the fleets engage) so balancing might take a while

I might end up just make the stations turn supplies into "assets" that are not for sale instead... right now I kinda want to feel like I'm helping the war every time I dump an atlasful of supplies into the nearest station

EDIT: also just wondering, has been able to get an invasion without buying/jetting supplies by the truckload? (this is important for balance )
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:46:10 AM by gunnyfreak »
mmm.... tartiflette
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5