Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.53.1a] Weapon groups reset on certain ships  (Read 3235 times)

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.53.1a] Weapon groups reset on certain ships
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »

Ive found a strange bug that only happens on few ships BUT in every game and in mods as well...
so far ive found this on Wolf and Hyperion while its OK on Onslaught, Lasher and Hound
if i setup custom weapon groups that arent the same as auto setting the game will automatically reset the weapons to default for some reason
it actually removed one tac laser from my Hyperion and mounted AM Blaster instead for no reason.....

its almost as if the game is trying to use one of the preset weapon packages on its own

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.53.1a] Weapon groups reset on certain ships
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »

Hmm. Sounds like you're running into this fairly often. Could you tell me the steps to reproduce the bug, or, even better, do you have a vanilla save lying around where the bug will happen reliably?

The "auto assign weapon groups" *should* only happen on ships that wound up with a single weapon group - usually a result of the player forgetting to assign weapons in the first place.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »

ah yes you are right it does that with all ships if i only set single weapon group and since i dont use missiles on hyperion i only have....used to have one weapon group....
its rather annoying though
is it possible to turn it off?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »

Can you tell me your exact setup so I can see what's going on?

(No, you can't turn it off.)

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:37:17 AM »

i have 1 graviton beam and 3 tac lasers on my wolf atm
as for Hyperion i had tac lasers in small slots and cant really recall what med slots were but it was the only thing i could find in that game

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »

I've noticed a somewhat similar issue - whenever I set weapon groups and then decide to add more weapons or the like, it will occasionally reset my group settings to whatever it'd set when "Auto" would be pressed - for ALL weapons, not just the new ones. This does not always happen, but it seems to happen more often as more stuff is loaded.

It's a bit hard for me to set up an example right now as I am running with several mods (and might just be caused by them entirely, though it seems a bit too far-out for that) and it doesn't happen all the time, but maybe somebody else can elaborate with a vanilla game. I'll keep an eye out for things that may reliably cause it, though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:15:19 AM by SUXpanD »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:21 AM »

I've noticed a somewhat similar issue - whenever I set weapon groups and then decide to add more weapons or the like, it will occasionally reset my group settings to whatever it'd set when "Auto" would be pressed - for ALL weapons, not just the new ones. This does not always happen, but it seems to happen more often as more stuff is loaded.

Auto actually reassigns all weapons - not just the "new" ones, so that's working as it's supposed to. The idea is can do that and use it as a starting point to speed up the process a bit - and, of course, that it happens if you simply forgot to assign weapon groups. I find the latter happens quite a bit.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »

It seems to be "auto"-ing without me pressing the button, somehow being triggered just by me adding more weapons to the ship. I can't see a pattern in it either - is there a hotkey for automatically assigning groups that I could be pressing by accident?

On a side note, I originally came to this thread to report this because my Oddysey fit kept spazzing out, undoing my manual group assignments. I stripped it to try again shortly after I posted, and came across no issues whatsoever then. Really weird stuff.

PS. I think I'm thread-jacking right now, I'll make a proper new thread later if I come across it again a few more times.

EDIT: Just got the same issue on my Apogee. Had a Heavy Blaster, two Antediluvian Solon Turrets (modded) and two PD Lasers fitted and set to group 1. Added a LR PD Laser to the ship, and the groups on all weapons got reset to the Auto-suggested positions.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:43:48 AM by SUXpanD »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »

No worries, it's related enough.

EDIT: Just got the same issue on my Apogee. Had a Heavy Blaster, two Antediluvian Solon Turrets (modded) and two PD Lasers fitted and set to group 1. Added a LR PD Laser to the ship, and the groups on all weapons got reset to the Auto-suggested positions.

So you just had one group total on the ship? Yeah, if you try to take a ship with one weapon group into combat it'll get auto-assigned.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »

Alright, I'll post my replies here then.

So you just had one group total on the ship? Yeah, if you try to take a ship with one weapon group into combat it'll get auto-assigned.

Yeah, but I was working on my fit; I never left the fitting window. I was setting up group 1 first, with other groups planned for setup right after. It suddenly reset the group on all weapons when I added that LR PD Laser, though.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »

Ah, I see - right, that shouldn't be happening. Reproduced & fixed.