Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535778 times)

Sixstryder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 7.6 (released 2018-12-07)
« Reply #720 on: November 06, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »

Heyo. So, I'm probably just being an idiot and did something wrong but for whatever reason, starsector wont even read the console commands repository file in my mods folder. It doesn't even show up on the game's mod menu at all.
If someone can help me and/or state what I did wrong, please do.

Edit: nevermind. I downloaded the wrong file.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:48:30 PM by Sixstryder »

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 07, 2019, 02:32:34 AM »

I did what you said, but the command was not recognized. type in quotation marks as I should type there in Console Commands. Please.

The console right there suggests what you did wrong: you typed "additems" instead of "additem." No quotation marks.

Thanks. I "ll be checking.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 07, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »

As i understand, you have to first use the command - list items

As a result you will get a list of itens in your game. By your screenshot you already got this part. On this list there is the name of the item you are searching, assuming you did install the mod beforehand. (as example i can see in your screenshot the hmi_crystal from the HMI mod)

I don't know the name you are searching, but lets assume it's energy_crystal, then you will type

additem energy_crystal 10 - (the syntax is additem nameofitem amount)

to add 10 units of this item.

Hope this can help you

Thanks. now get the crystals. Now yes.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 12, 2019, 02:11:12 AM »

any command to add industries / structures to a colonised planet? i want to make a "super-planet" with all the possible buildings. i know from a old savegame from before the industries limit was introduced that the game can handle planets with i.e. 8/4 industries without crashing. i've been searching with the help command but can't find a command to add industries to planets.

is there even one?

edit: nevermind found it. its addindustry
strangely it doesn't show up in any of the help lists.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:32:35 AM by n3xuiz »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 12, 2019, 03:20:01 AM »

any command to add industries / structures to a colonised planet? i want to make a "super-planet" with all the possible buildings. i know from a old savegame from before the industries limit was introduced that the game can handle planets with i.e. 8/4 industries without crashing. i've been searching with the help command but can't find a command to add industries to planets.

is there even one?

edit: nevermind found it. its addindustry
strangely it doesn't show up in any of the help lists.
Help lists are context sensitive. Planet-related commands only show up while visiting a planet. (Except ChangeMarketOwner which only shows up when not.)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 14, 2019, 09:20:46 AM »

is there a command to either add a freelance admin or find where they are in the sector? i've not hired 2-3 admins in the past but now i can't find any even after going to 30+ markets. i know there is a command to add a officer but that is just a ship captain right?

Coffeeboi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2019, 01:17:52 PM »

Ok. Current working code for adding planets is.
Code
 RunCode Global.getSector().getStarSystem("System_Name").addPlanet("Added_Planet_Name", Global.getSector().getStarSystem("System_Name").getStar(), "Added_Planet_Name", "Planet_type", Planet_Angle, Planet_Size, Planet_orbit_radius, Planet_Orbit_length) 
Code works great for spawning new planets in a star system. However, do you know how to spawn moons that orbit around a planet?

ssss2222

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 15, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »

Is it possible to spawn a remnant nexus with this mod? If not, how would I go about doing it?

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 02, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »

I think a good command would be on that "discovers" all ships in the game for the black market, so the black market can carry anything.

bluestealth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 04, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »

Hello Wizard,

I want to report a bug with this mod.  My game hard-crashes to desktop when attempting to open console with a custom game window resolution via the `resolutionOverride` argument within starsector-core/data/config/settings.json.  Probably some sort of draw-related scaling issue...

The fault disappears when removing the override (windowed or full-screen doesn't appear to matter).  The particular resolution I typically play at is 2450x1350 (windowed), in-case that helps debug.

From one programmer to another, thanks for all of your modding work, it is much appreciated.

Regards,
Blue

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 04, 2019, 07:27:36 PM »

Thanks for the report! You can "fix" this by opening saves/common/config/lw_console_settings.json.data and setting "showBackground" to false. I'll try to get a proper fix out soon.

To the others who've posted in this thread: I've read your posts. I'll try to get around to responding/adding the requested features soon! :)

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 07, 2019, 05:41:31 PM »

Can't seem to find this on the forum; but what is the nanoforge(s) parameter for heavyindustry or oribtalworks?  I.E.  "addindustry orbitalworks prestine_nanoforge alpha_core" only adds an orbital works with an alpha core.  No setting for nanoforges seem to be set for this command (at least to the best of my abilities I have not been able to get any nanoforge type to spawn in with the addindustry command).

Are nanoforges set in the parameters for the addindustry command?  If so, what are they?

BUG REPORTS
1) I noticed a bug with the non-dev version recently released where if you increase the population; the industry max number does not increase with it.  This same thing happens whether I do a "RunCode" command or a simple "addcondition" command.
2) On rare occasions; increasing the population via console command will result in 2 population numbers in the UI.  Let's say you start out with a population of 3 for a settlement.  You use console commands to increase the population to 7.  However when you look at the settlement stats, it shows the 3 symbol still but a new population symbol representing the 7 is now next to it.  This seems to be purely a UI glitch as everything else changes in regards to the increased population.  Leaving the settlement and coming back does not make this glitch go away.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 06:53:24 PM by The_White_Falcon »

iamlenb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 08, 2019, 05:38:48 PM »

If it happens, you can use removeindustry <population size> you want to take out of the UI.  I haven't noticed any negative effects from doing this.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 08, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »

Can't seem to find this on the forum; but what is the nanoforge(s) parameter for heavyindustry or oribtalworks?  I.E.  "addindustry orbitalworks prestine_nanoforge alpha_core" only adds an orbital works with an alpha core.  No setting for nanoforges seem to be set for this command (at least to the best of my abilities I have not been able to get any nanoforge type to spawn in with the addindustry command).

Are nanoforges set in the parameters for the addindustry command?  If so, what are they?

BUG REPORTS
1) I noticed a bug with the non-dev version recently released where if you increase the population; the industry max number does not increase with it.  This same thing happens whether I do a "RunCode" command or a simple "addcondition" command.
2) On rare occasions; increasing the population via console command will result in 2 population numbers in the UI.  Let's say you start out with a population of 3 for a settlement.  You use console commands to increase the population to 7.  However when you look at the settlement stats, it shows the 3 symbol still but a new population symbol representing the 7 is now next to it.  This seems to be purely a UI glitch as everything else changes in regards to the increased population.  Leaving the settlement and coming back does not make this glitch go away.
Not sure about the rest, but for the nanoforge issue I might have an idea. Not sure if you copy-pasted the code for adding the nanoforge, but you seem to have mispelled "pristine" as "prestine". Maybe that's it? Otherwise, it might be that the nanoforge code uses "baseItem_modifier" as that would keep them together when ordered alphabetically, so maybe try "nanoforge_pristine"? That logic doesn't make much sense when you compare it to the alpha core which does it the other way around, but I have no idea otherwise... Maybe the ordering needs to be different, like do the core then the nanoforge?

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 11, 2019, 11:07:42 PM »

Is it possible to use bat files to enter console commands?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 93