Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1536261 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 3 (released 2017-06-04)
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2017, 08:46:22 AM »

On Windows the console takes a while to appear and I often have to Alt-Tab to it when it does pop up.
Yeah, what happens is that due to the new launcher, the method that the console uses to bring up the input window isn't running, so it needs to start up that process. So it takes a few seconds to pop up at first but then after that it SHOULD pop up quickly until you restart the game

If you set "legacyLauncher" to true in starsector-core/data/config/settings.json, you'll no longer have to wait the few seconds the first time you use the console in combat.

I don't get any music through the storage command anymore, it used to be the same as independent markets in the mod version for .7.2

I know this is minor but would it be possible to add that back in?

That'd be due to a change in vanilla. The storage command opens the Abandoned Terraforming Platform's market, and it seems neutrals don't have music anymore. You could always copy the Independents' market music config to the neutral faction if you want the old behavior.

I have a quick suggestion for the "goto" command: it should support moving to the current autopilot waypoint in some form. Since it's otherwise unused, having "goto" without arguments default to that would make moving around the local system significantly faster, though "goto waypoint" or similar would be fine.

Good idea, added!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:49:44 AM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Console Commands v3.0 WIP 4 (released 2017-06-21)
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2017, 02:54:09 AM »

Console Commands 3.0 WIP 4 is out, get it here (mirror). Requires LazyLib.

Edit (2017-07-03): If you experience a crash when opening the console, you can download a patched jar here.

This brings a few changes to existing commands, but most importantly it includes the first revision of the new unified console overlay. This means the mod no longer requres running in borderless windowed mode for combat support, and there will be no more problems with an input window stubbornly refusing to appear.

The new overlay doesn't support scrolling yet (though that's next on my list), and error sounds are currently broken. Other than that, please let me know of any bugs or other issues you encounter with this WIP. This is the single largest change to the mod since its inception, so I'd be shocked if something doesn't go wrong.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:46:09 PM by LazyWizard »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 21, 2017, 04:15:36 AM »

I can't seem to figure how to spawn a pirate respawn or invasion fleet, anyone know how?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 21, 2017, 04:53:51 AM »

update

Awesome, I don't really use borderless windowed mode when playing so this is great addition. Any plans to make the storage command to pick which which storage you want to open other than the omnifactory?

I can't seem to figure how to spawn a pirate respawn or invasion fleet, anyone know how?

As far as I know using the command spawnfleet <faction> <FP> spawns any fleet of that faction near the player. SpawnInvasionfleet command seems to only work if you have joined a faction or you have a faction.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2017, 10:09:16 PM »

WIP 3 is heck of a lot more stable for me, WIP 4 scared my lungs out of oxygen processes with it's savefile corruption. So I removed the new version and put WIP 3 back just so my poor save files don't get corrupted, feels like Fallout 2 all over again with its somewhat similar savegame corruptions, never finished that game because of the paranoia of save files getting corrupted/damaged/un-loadable even to this day.

Had to check if my hard-drive (other than my heart and lungs too) is okay, that's how much I hate and fear files getting corrupt.
I mainly use Console Command mod for spawning items, weapons, ships and to make my character a level 40 steamroller captain with +57 skill points thus maximizing every skill/perk point.

But for now, I'm gonna just muck around in the game now that I've found a possible culprit.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:26:23 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:40 PM »

What kind of corruption issues are you referring to? The console mod is very unlikely to be the culprit behind any crashes while saving. Those are usually due to Starsector running out of memory while saving, and the console doesn't store much in the save file (just some simple references to things like which market the storage command uses) and uses far less RAM than even the smallest of faction mods.

If you're referring to a command going wrong and breaking something: the inner workings of the console - the parsing and running of commands - are nearly identical between WIPs 3 and 4 (the overlay just passes the input text to the actual console implementation and prints the results), so if you feel like WIP 4 causes corruption that WIP 3 didn't I'm tempted to call it the placebo effect. If a specific command is causing issues, could you let me know which one, and possibly post a stack trace if it gives one?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:47:17 PM by LazyWizard »

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 22, 2017, 12:44:40 AM »

Nah, no command I typed in did not crash the game instantly so that's good, I just started noticing the corruption when I couldn't save and saw the game stuck, had to end-task it, loading corrupt save gives me a error screen telling me unclearly/generally about something is not existing in the save file anymore, so it's not a damn placebo and is definitely to do with memory size then. Where does one set the memory usage settings for SS anyway? ..ah, nvm, that .bat file. Good grief the values are low, an easy thing to fix hopefully. I have 16gb of RAM, the default values in there are basically for a potato.

Tested WIP 4 again with loading and saving the game like a madman after tweaking the memory values and so far it seems like it saves and loads as it should. I did notice more lag upon when it loaded the game's in-game assets with WIP 4 version and with WIP 3 it's less severe.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:43:45 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 24, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »

The link in the first post currently goes to the post where WIP 3 is linked, rather than either the direct download or the post for WIP 4.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 24, 2017, 01:36:14 PM »

The link in the first post currently goes to the post where WIP 3 is linked, rather than either the direct download or the post for WIP 4.

Fixed, thanks for mentioning it.

Tested WIP 4 again with loading and saving the game like a madman after tweaking the memory values and so far it seems like it saves and loads as it should. I did notice more lag upon when it loaded the game's in-game assets with WIP 4 version and with WIP 3 it's less severe.

Startup impact should be lower in the next version. There's a bug in WIP 4 where the console loads the overlay font twice.

mercando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »

Thanx for this version of mod
I like to practice with creating of Android games. I hope that in the future it will really help me!

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »

Startup impact should be lower in the next version. There's a bug in WIP 4 where the console loads the overlay font twice.

Thanks. Sorry about me seeming ungrateful or something along those lines. Was at the time in my focus mode of problem solving so it's easy to mistake it for something else entirely.
Without this mod I'd probably not be playing SS as much, thank you in general for sticking around with updating the mod to this day.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 28, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »

Is there any way to find fighter LPCs?

Neither findship nor finditem work. Finditem outright throws an error, while findship claims that said wing is not for sale anywhere, no matter what I type. Even if I put in "findship broadsword_wing" it says there are no broadswords anywhere, even though I'm right next to a station which sells them.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2017, 01:03:06 PM »

Thanks. Sorry about me seeming ungrateful or something along those lines. Was at the time in my focus mode of problem solving so it's easy to mistake it for something else entirely.
Without this mod I'd probably not be playing SS as much, thank you in general for sticking around with updating the mod to this day.

No worries. In fact, I appreciate it. Usually I learn about bugs in my mods by overhearing someone mention them in Discord or in a random forum post rather than them being reported. I'd rather have any feedback, even negative or wrong, than no feedback at all! :)

Is there any way to find fighter LPCs?

Neither findship nor finditem work. Finditem outright throws an error, while findship claims that said wing is not for sale anywhere, no matter what I type. Even if I put in "findship broadsword_wing" it says there are no broadswords anywhere, even though I'm right next to a station which sells them.

FindItem hasn't been updated for 0.8a+ yet, but it will be for the next version of this mod. I've been going through and updating commands alphabetically, but WIP 4 was focused on the new overlay so progress on that front stalled for a bit. I uploaded a todo document for v3.0 here for anyone who's interested in what's left to be done.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 02, 2017, 06:14:02 AM »

I have game crash with this error on attempt to open console with WIP 4:

Code
656217 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Number of remaining buffer elements is 3932160, must be at least 5242880. Because at most 5242880 elements can be returned, a buffer with at least 5242880 elements is required, regardless of actual returned element count
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Number of remaining buffer elements is 3932160, must be at least 5242880. Because at most 5242880 elements can be returned, a buffer with at least 5242880 elements is required, regardless of actual returned element count
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.throwBufferSizeException(BufferChecks.java:162)
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkBufferSize(BufferChecks.java:189)
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkBuffer(BufferChecks.java:230)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glReadPixels(GL11.java:2450)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleOverlayInternal.show(Overlay.kt:55)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleOverlay.show(Overlay.kt:33)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleCampaignListener.advance(ConsoleCampaignListener.java:62)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

WIP 3 works.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 02, 2017, 06:28:55 AM »

Thanks for the report! I believe I see what went wrong, and luckily it should be an easy fix. I'll try to put a patch out ASAP.

Edit: could you try replacing the mod's jar with this one and see if that fixes it? Unfortunately this bug is hardware dependent so I can't test the fix myself.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:52:22 AM by LazyWizard »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 93