Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535615 times)

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 4 released 2014-03-06)
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2014, 05:17:45 PM »

Thanks I realized this as soon as I posted so I removed my message thank you though
I have another problem though the only way I can see the console after I activate it is to ctrl+alt+delete even then it does not show and the game just freezes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:10:18 PM by doodlydee »

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »

Heya! I re-downloaded the latest version, but sadly, it din't solve my problem. With the latest update, whenever I try and run SS with this mod, once the loading bar reaches the end, it crashes, giveing me this error
Fatal: org/lazywizard/lazylib/JSONUtils
Cause: org.lazywizard/lazylib/JSONUtils
Check starsector.log for more info

this is running it with JUST Lazylib and Console Commands running, nothing else.
Thanks in advance for any help!
EDIT: Also like to say that Lazylib works fine with my other mods that use it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:24:12 AM by Auraknight »
~Aura be with you

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2014, 11:24:03 AM »

I had that problem to fixed it by downloading latest lazylib

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2014, 11:29:37 AM »

I had that problem to fixed it by downloading latest lazylib
Yup, that, strangely, was it.
I coulda SWORN I had updated my Lazylib when the update came out :/
Thanks kindly!
~Aura be with you

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »

Nobody should have this much power...

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »

I noticed some possibly unintended behavior. The commands entered for battle simulations in the refit screen are broken after you reenter battle. It will state that NoCoolDown is on, yet it will be off. I actually liked it better when the commands were permanently on until you disabled them by repeating the command. That feature has been taken away in 2.0, when every new combat session has no commands enabled even if you had them enabled before.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:09 PM »

That was actually a bug with NoCooldown. It's fixed in the dev version.

Combat commands resetting between battles is temporary; they will be persistent in the final version. I just wanted to have them in the mod in some form until I had the time to write a better system for them.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 5 released 2014-03-14)
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2014, 06:46:08 AM »

WIP 5 is out, get it here. This mod requires the latest version of LazyLib. :)

No new console features in this update, but there are two new commands and a fix to an existing one. Here's the list of changes:
  • Fixed the bug with NoCooldown needing to be used multiple times in subsequent battles to take effect.
  • Added the SourceOf command, this tells you which mod was responsible for loading a specific command (or a complete list with 'all').
  • Added DevMode toggle command, so you can have access to the devmode features that the console mod can't replicate without constantly messing with your settings.json file.

I'll be away for the next few days, so if there's a problem with this release (unlikely, nothing important has changed since the last WIP), I won't be able to upload a fix right away. In that case you can download the previous WIP here.

I attempted to get persistent combat commands implemented before I left but I ran out of time. Sorry Foxer.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »

Getting constant crashes while running in undecorated window mode, not to mention the command interface being hidden behind the game.

If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »

I tried WIP 4 and 5 and it crashes when I summon the console window? Halp D:
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »

Could you post the crash logs?

[...] not to mention the command interface being hidden behind the game.

Unfortunately that's beyond my control. The command pop-up is a different window and I believe it's up to the OS to decide which gets focus. Sometimes it works, often times it doesn't. I've tried all sorts of hacks to get around this, believe me.

As far as I am aware it will always get proper focus if you run the game windowed (as in a smaller resolution than your desktop, not fullscreen borderless) because that disables the game window's "always on top" property. If you're one of the unfortunate users that can't play it fullscreen, that's the only fallback outside of typing blind or constant alt-tabs until an actual console input dialog is written.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2014, 01:53:22 AM »

...or constant alt-tabs until an actual console input dialog is written.
Problem is though is that you can't alt tab to it as all you do is make it "active" without putting it on top. Also I will say that I never had this problem with the old version so you might take a look at that and see if it still works
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Console Commands v2.0 (WIP 6 released 2014-03-30)
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »

WIP 6 is out, get it here. Some files have been moved around/removed so you'll need to delete your old mod folder before upgrading.

This update replaces the campaign inpup pop-up with an InteractionDialogPlugin. This will work in fullscreen and should hopefully resolve a lot of the problems people have been having with this mod. I tried to imitate vanilla text entry as closely as possible, so it has a blinking caret and shift/control+backspace support. These were definitely critical additions and not indicative of any kind of super-OCD.

Spoiler
[close]

Due to a bug with text panel resizing (in short, it doesn't work) the console output only takes up a small fraction of the screen. Luckily the dialog has a scrollbar so it's not a huge deal. Text input does not support international characters yet, but that shouldn't be a problem since no commands or their arguments should need them.

Combat still uses the old pop-up and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. The next release of this mod will let you toggle combat commands from the campaign layer to get around this.

Other changes:
  • Added a ShowBounds command that toggles debug rendering of the bounds for all ships on the battle map.
  • Added a "showEnteredCommands" setting to console_settings.json. This lets you re-enable the old mod's behavior of printing all commands before executing them.
  • Fixed certain combat commands having a slight delay before they took effect.
  • Fixed several commands that required arguments not showing the proper response when you entered no arguments.
  • Added Console.getSettings() and the ConsoleSettings class.
  • Removed data/scripts and the stubs that used to be there (thanks to Dark.Revenant for mentioning the "plugins" section of settings.json).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:53:54 PM by LazyWizard »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »

Newest update works AWESOMELY!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »

Hey, I've been using this mod and have had some trouble spawning in mod ships, specifically the Mimir XV from the mod Shadowyards heavy industries . I'm using its variant id (ms_mimirBaus_Baus) with the command addship but it returns as not being found every time. I was just wondering if there was something I'm doing wrong, as it works for the normal mimir (ms_mimir standard). I was thinking maybe it is due to the capital letters in the name, but I've tried it with and without them being capital to no avail. I've also noticed when using allhulls, not all hulls are actually added, for example I cannot find many ships, most notably capitals, including the mimir or the mimir XV and many many capitals from the Valkyries mod.

The mods I have running are: Blackrock Driveyards 0.6, Combat Radar 0.6c, Console commands 2.0 WIP 6 (obviously), Lazylib 1.8c, Shadowyards heavy industries 0.4.4.

Not sure whats up with these things, I might just be doing it wrong? Anyway, just wondering if you could shed some light on this. Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 93