Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790329 times)

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Blackrock Drive Yards - !!v0.20 RELEASED!!
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2013, 11:45:35 AM »

So, I've been trying out the capital ship, and found it to be... well. Not sure what role its supposed to fill. Two large ballistic slots and its other armaments don't feel like enough for a 19 FP ship. At the same time, the faction has a ton of different fighters, and its only carriers are very expensive to deploy for that role, without swapping into another factions ships.
Keep in mind the ship system on that ship is not fully working in the current available release.
In the next version the system (plus the AI for if you're not piloting it) are significantly more functional and make it feel like more of a true cap ship.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2013, 09:35:46 AM »

This changelog is growing way too huge. What the hell is wrong with me.

But more importantly:

Romeo_One

• Captain
  • "Let me do the german dance for you..."
    • View Profile
    • Rejection - The Fight for Unity
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »

Well that certainly is a big missile(?)!

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »

according to weapon rande its jackhammer or anything like that
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »

Triple A - Awesome As Always

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »

It's got a pretty long range, the range on the screenshot just looks weird cause it's a collage.

Other things: Burst Jets now works without bugs and correctly clamps down on movespeed. The cap ship now only has one large slot, but is faster and has better coverage. Had to do it, the new gravitic impeder is just too good. Hold out for the Sachumodo if you want a cap ship that can kill Onslaughts alone.

Nerfed the Desdinova down to 90 base movespeed, use the ship system to move fast. It's still really agile, though, sick if piloted correctly. Just not completely untouchable anymore (burst jets can't reverse anymore )

The most important change is probably the fact that the Shard is now a legit weapon choice. It has a chance to cause a little plasma explosion when it hits hull or armor, so the enemy gets punished for lowering shields to tank the kinetic damage. It's a very interesting allrounder weapon for ships with high flux/OP and I'm gonna make a dual mount for medium slots.
The new cruiser, the Stenos, can launch a single drone called the Sentinel Drone that has one ironweaver chaingun and a shard AC, plus an omnishield. Having it out boosts your sensor range and the cleverness of the autofire algorithm. It's good for harassment and soaking missiles, basically a cute lil' buddy to have around.

The Solenoid Quench Gun has much more range and refire rate now, making it a sort of medium slot version of the Railgun. Its perk is the extreme projectile speed.

Hmm, what else..

There is a new small kinetic weapon, basically a shotgun that instantly overloads small ships if you get up close. It's nasty as hell and fun to use.

The ironweaver chaingun isn't useless anymore. It's a version of the Vulcan that is more effective at actually attacking stuff and less effective at panic defense against missiles, with higher flux buildup.

Things I'm still unhappy with:
Scarab shipsystem
Locust shipsystem

Tarkets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »

For some reason the idea of an on-hit effect never really occurred to me until now, that's super neato

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »

Pretty sweet avatar you got going on there

Tarkets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »

sometimes a man labors for years for the right avatar sometimes fate smiles upon you

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »

I sure worked an eternity for mine. ;D

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2013, 04:10:13 AM »

Congratulations ???

So anyway, expect a day or two of bugfixing now, and then the release will probably coincide with UsC 17. Looks like there are some bugs to root out and probably a few last minute balance adjustments.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2013, 05:17:59 AM »

Just posting to say that I'm using Uomoz' dev versions of USC 17 as a testing platform for the newest release. If you want to help test the next iteration of Blackrock content, you can head over to his thread and download it. I will upload my release here (and update the OP) after USC 17 is finished.

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2013, 09:39:08 AM »

So, I am loving the capital ship now. Though I have one suggestion/ask. The front two missile slots don't have any overlap with each other. Though this is   ok, it would be a lot more effective, and a lot less frustrating if they did. With four Quill's, the middle two Universal Slots run out much more quickly than the front two, as they have limited effectiveness when firing at targets in front of the ship.

In order to max the effectiveness, I've been waggling my mouse left and right across the front arc of the ship to actually fire all of them. Would it be possible to rotate them so they cover the front of the ship, just so we don't deal with that?

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »

Yeah, I made the missile slots point at 45 degree angles a while ago. :)

Blackrock now has more energy weapons!

The "Voidspear" Plasma Discharge Emitter is a complex particle beam that easily melts enemy armor and hull, but is ineffective against force fields. It has a monstrous energy consumption, but with enough capacitors, a strongly reduced version can also be mounted in small energy slots.

Oh, and you can get rack-mounted Furies now.

In other news, I've made a custom ship for my fleet in UsC 17. It's an ancient vessel that started out as one of the first Nevermore-class cruisers ever produced, taken from Blackrock during a daring raid by Tri-Tachyon contractors. It has fallen from captain to captain and been repaired in countless battles, but Blackrock has never reclaimed it... until now. Currently in the hands of an infamous mercenary captain, the "Stormcrow" has recently had its failing engine replaced with Arcjet systems from Desdinova-class destroyers, and the unstable Antimatter Lance, with its cooling rods and all, was laboriously extracted from the ship and replaced with hardpoints for ballistic weapons, accidentally resulting in a much higher reactor output and maneuverability.

So yea, capture this thing in Uomoz's Corvus 17 and you can produce it from the Omnifactory!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:44:02 PM by Cycerin »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »

the center looks very hypnotic
-the ABOMINATION - in progress
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 209