Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790683 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released
« Reply #2910 on: August 28, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »

Scaredy-cats work well on pure carriers and long range bombardment ships, though.

Blackdong dankyards doesn't reeeally have applicable ships though in a pinch they'll do on the big carrier with much a missiles if you load her with lrms.

I always fly the kark myself though, and keep a never, asura, shrimp or desdi i can switch into for smaller fights.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Nemo C

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: September 01, 2019, 08:41:24 PM »

Hi all! I was wondering what your favorite ships were and how you use them.

I've started playing with some of this mod's ships recently and don't have much of an idea of what they're good at aside from things like the Anteaus or Scorpion.

I've tried the Asura but I'm not sure what it's supposed to be used against.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 02, 2019, 12:46:43 AM »

If you want to git gud with Blackrock learn to fly the shrimp.

The Gonodactylus is one older ships in the fleet not only in lore but reality, and will learn you how to brdy by punishing you when you do it wrong in ways something like a scorpion or knight won't.

FYI Gonodactylus is the name of a Genus of Mantis Shrimp of the Smasher type, just like a real one to do well you need to learn how to smash.

Nemo C

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: September 03, 2019, 06:55:44 PM »

BRDY Basics:
- Vent early, vent often.
- X key to hold fire for massive alpha strikes.
- Kill the little stuff first, then roll up the big stuff once the odds are in your favor.

The Desdinova, Nevermore, and Mantis are some of my favorite BRDY ships.
They all pretty much work like this; burst mobility coupled with the faction's signature fast venting and high burst/alpha damage means you get in, do some damage, then get out, vent, and repeat. Depending on your ability to time this cycle, you can flatly overwhelm anything that doesn't have the flux cap or armor to tank it. Bad shields mean you want to already be backing out as your flux approaches 75/80%; you can armor tank a bit, but expect to take some hull damage in any fair fight. So...

Make sure you don't fight fair.
On the fleet strategy level, Blackrock ships benefit from outnumbering an enemy either locally or fleet-to-fleet. Use speed and creative positioning to flank your enemy, kill off their lighter screening frigates and destroyers first, then start cornering and overwhelming cruisers and finally swarm capitals with fast, high-damage ships. Use mobility and vent speed to efficiently distribute damage you can't tank across your fleet. Blackrock weapons are designed for short, intense fights; that also means frigates and destroyers can 'punch up' with huge damage; a swarm of Blackrock frigates with Gale Cannons or Sunfires can quickly strip even capital armor. Even Shard Cannons can sand down armor, given time, and they overwhelm shield generators en masse.

Thanks for the advice!

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 04, 2019, 03:20:15 PM »

Hey, there seems to be a problem with the ferrogun and ferrocannon. They aren't appearing in any markets.
I tried to lower the tier and rarity to the minimum in weapon_data.csv and it didn't make a difference
Then I noticed that there's no .wpn file for either gun.
Same for gale battery.
I have no knowledge of modding starsector save for messing with weapon stats, so I don't know what are .wpn files, but I just thought that it might be the root of the problem since all the weapons that DO appear have a .wpn file.
Some help would be appreciated, triple ferrocannon karkinos is my fave :D
Edit: My mistake, seems like the ferros are referred to as "solenoid" in the files. Derp :P
Still, I've been playing for a while and still no ferros to be found anywhere. Something is off.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:37:43 PM by Lolpingu »

radekplug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: September 04, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »

Do you try buleprints or fight their bigger ships it is posible that nexelin mess up markets, not blackrock mod it self.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: September 04, 2019, 10:50:22 PM »

I've found ferros and a gale battery in my non-nex game.

R.U.A

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: September 05, 2019, 03:33:35 AM »

My friend met with a issue that dart SRM would chase phased ships, he wonder whether it's the SRM's feature or it's a bug.
Access to RDS failed.

Fokka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: September 06, 2019, 08:23:32 AM »

It's my first time to progress into warships and colonies, and I got Interdictor blueprint. Should I produce it as my fleet's carrier or should I go look for something like Astral? It will be twice as cheap for me, but Im concerned about lack of weapons and figher bays compared to other carriers.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: September 06, 2019, 09:14:42 AM »

It's not a carrier, it's a battlecruiser. That's why it's cheaper than a full capital.

Fokka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: September 06, 2019, 09:23:25 AM »

It's not a carrier, it's a battlecruiser. That's why it's cheaper than a full capital.

It has burn level and supply consumption of battleship\carrier though. And by cheaper I mean that it costs less to produce on my own colony.

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: September 06, 2019, 06:12:51 PM »

Do you try buleprints or fight their bigger ships it is posible that nexelin mess up markets, not blackrock mod it self.
Nex could definitely be a problem. I'm also using Vayra's sector, not sure if can have any possible effect on markets but there it is

Also, I'm playing the faction rn and as any sensible Nex player would do, I abuse the "follow me!" function to take my faction's stompy patrol fleets and use them to smash stations and defense fleets. So, BRDY had loads of size 6+ military markets in my game, including a few captured HQs :D
As for blueprints, I've yet to find em. They're not part of the BRDY military blueprint package, so I assume they have to be found individually. 
Lastly, as I said, I abused the "follow me!" function quite a bit, so I've fought alongside several BRDY armadas and I kept an eye out for ferro-shots. Nothing.
Oh, and one more thing - I played with their rarity and tier so that they should basically appear as often as shredders, in open markets. Still nothing.
Weird.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: September 07, 2019, 03:08:54 AM »

@Cycerin I'm not sure 2 small missile slots warrant the Cetonia having a full double the daily supply use of a Tarsus at 6/day vs 3, and a 50% fuel/ly surcharge on top.

Its actually weaker, defensively - better shields, but they're front-locked and thus useless in the only combat it will see, and the rest of the stats mainly balance out; better flux cap but weaker dissipation, better armor but weaker hull, the only standout is the speed which doesn't fully make up for the useless shields.

A mule is 7/day, and a Cetonia is pretty significantly weaker. Feels more like a 4 or a 5.

Edit: New asura is fun but its such a toy that its hard to justify keeping it around. I guess that balances the absurd damage output!

Still kinda ... ugh, there's no cruiser I really feel that does the 'line cruiser' thing well, the heavy is kinda meh. Yeah you have a large slot but it has to get close to use all those smalls anyway, really unsatisfying to build & use, I mean except when you press F, that's always fun. And the knight is still this sorta useful but wishy-washy thing that's on the slow side and with little range and poor flux. Its a strange world when a nevermore is the best line cruiser.

A man can get bored of spamming shard cannons on EVERY. SINGLE. SMALL SLOT. you know?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:05:43 PM by Taverius »

Zym

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: October 16, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

Great mod.

Some balance feedback:

I've been testing out Vespas with a multitude of carriers and they really are in a league of their own. Their speed allows them the highest DPS of all bombers I've tested while also cracking shields and armor equally well thanks to the fury torpedo's energy damage type and high per-hit damage. That they also sit at 20 OP a piece means it's hard to compete with them since every other competitor is either more expensive, slower or cannot deal with the multitude of threats that a Vespa can.

Their main weakness being that they are somewhat frail is often nullified by the system of the carrier using them, such as an Astral's teleportation system.

Some of my tests:
Astral vs Karkinos using 6 Vespas in the mission testing area: https://streamable.com/posmb
2 Astrals using 12 Vespas with Cathedral mine support vs 3 Remnant ordos at once (including a Nova at the end): https://streamable.com/oeein

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: October 19, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »

It's probably the fault of other mods, but a lot of the BRDY weapons won't ever spawn in markets, like the normal gale-cannon, large dart pod, IMN assault gun, voidspear MRMS, and a few others. I'm not sure what could be causing it.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 209